Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Good Monday Morn, Vi's!~~

Another quiet day here... I treasure these, as they are few & far between! DS is @ camp all week, so it's just DD here w/me during the days. I've got bunches of work (yay) so she'll have to entertain herself in the mornings while I work, then in the afternoons we'll go to the pool or something like that.

Am glad to be back in control w/the eating... phew! My goal is to be @ -90 by the end of this month, & -100 by the end of August!! If I keep that in mind, then my moment-to-moment choices are easier to make!

TracyK -- Welcome to the club! The SAHM club! Truly, IMHO, you have made the most awesome decision for yourself and Macy... before we had kids, dh knew that my philosophy was: Why have kids if someone else is going to raise them? It was non-negotiable... + it helps that I can do my job from home!

Also... re: naps in K... at least here in MD... K is not the same as you may remember it... it's more like 1st/2nd grade was when we were in school... it's not the playtime & craft making & story time & Snacks that is was... it's serious learning... they learn to read... math... writing... etc... at our school they do NOT have naps or snacks... they always wear me out when I sub in K! I'd definitely suggest calling the school for the details + do they have a K orientation for the parents?? We do, about a week prior to the start of school... check about that, too. But if they're not napping, I'd suggest that you end naps so she can get used to it before school starts.

I know I wanted to say something to others, but can't think of it now... I'm in "Mommy advice" mode... watch out!!

Make it a great day, Vi's!

Has anyone watched that show "Wipeout". Stupid, but it is too funny.

I'm BACK!!!!!!!!!

I skipped a bunch of pages....... but I did manage to see the Drunk pic of me in the hot tub in GRUENE! OHHHH LORD!

I had not weighed since before Vegas... so I expected the 182 bounce today........ (not tooo bad actually!)

I did have fun in Vegas, I can't really tell any details as I'm bound by a consultants agreement... but we did talk directly to the folks redoing their website and gave them feed back..... I didn't get to do much touristy stuff .. I do have some cool pics on my home puter that I need to get uploaded to Photobucket.

Then last week we camped and now I just have a mountain of housework, laundry and cleaning the camper...... (oh yeah.. and work)

I am off for most of the day....taking my Mom shopping. She always has a full list! We are beginning the day with pedicures though so it should be a fun day. We do not have Kinsey to contend with, Jason is on vacation this week, and Manda is not so he is staying home, and will have her most of the time. He and a buddy are going fishing later in the week, but for today no girlie.....I miss her something fierce when she is not here as scheduled!

I will touch base when I get back this afternoon. Going to try to hit Curves when I come in today. If not maybe the walking will count, definitely going to watch my food......let the reconditioning begin!!!

Hugs to all!

Kat

This morning for breakfast:

thin sliced ham on one slice of 45 whole wheat bread (toasted) 1 tsp of low sugar peach jelly. Didn't eat all of it! Didn't drink my coffee for 30 min before or after I ate,.

Now the hard part....drinking Water. Bottoms up!

Snack...1/2 carton of chocolate EAS (110 calories) and baby bell cheese

Drinking water

Looking at pictures of bicycles....for ME!!

What did you do good for yourself today?

Positive thinking, Positive thinking and ACTIONS!!

It's amazing how good I feel when I take control and get back on track...nothing has changed but MY ATTITUDE!

Oh yeah... HH: to get back to your question a few pages back...

I have (by my count) right around 4cc in my 4cc band.........

I had gotten up to 4.3cc's but couldn't eat any solid food.......

I am at my sweet spot... although maybe a bit too tight for most people..... as I can NOT eat bread in any form, I have on occasion eaten very juicy steak ... but I eat mainly crunchy and extra soft ...

I can eat chips and dip till the cows come home....

Yesterday I ordered stuffed mushrooms (stuffed with cheese and spinach) I ate ONE mushroom cap and the fillings out of 4.... I wanted that 5th one, but had the server take it away before I over ate and pb'd.. (YAY ME)

Admitedly I am way more tight than most ... but for me I NEED TO BE.. If I could shove pizza down my pie hole I WOULD... not proud of it.. but I kNOW ME.

I eat spinach dip a lot.

Laura-are you a winner $$$ ?

Terry-are you OK?

Michelle-we do have an orientation for dd. It is 2 weeks before school starts. I will find out one way or another about the nap thing cause I sure need to know!

House-good for you on taking control again. Feels good, right?!

TracyinKS-welcome back. Glad you had fun in Vegas.

Suzie-yay for the positive outlook. The past is the past.

Kat-have fun shopping!

I will check back in after swimming lessons....

HELLO! This is me on my bike on the 4th........ SIZE 10 Levis.. yeah I have the belly.. but it ain't going away til I cut it off! This is the first pic on my bike that I'm happy with...... SD531534.jpg

House, It's all a head game and we just need to be stronger than it. We need to learn to tell ourselves no and mean it. No to the chips. No to the ice cream. No to the chocolate cake. No to the M&M's. Just remember that you are strong and able to walk away. Seems like I can be that way for about 3-4 days and I find myself sliding back to the old habits. It's at those times I have to remind myself that I am in charge. It's a daily struggle but you can do it.

All is fine here, very hot and humid though. Glad I work in an air cinditioned place.

Has anyone heard from Jenn in awhile? I'm very concerned about her and what is going on.

TracyK, How did the swimming lessons go today? Don't forget the sunscreen.

TracyKS, so glad your back. love the pic. Sometime after I loose the weight maybe bby and I can ride up there. I'll have to learn how to ride though.

Hugs to Haydee and Laura.

Hope everyone else is having a great day.

WARNING! WARNING!

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO TASTE A Thin Mint Blizzard!!!!!!!! :)

(I've had 4 over the last week) :biggrin:

And I so wanted to try one of those. Oh well.

Rick tried the Thin Mint Blizzard, but mint is one thing that gives me almost instant heart burn, so a bite and I was done!!!

Now....we did go into a chocolate factory in Pagosa Springs.....and I ended up walking out with 1/4 pound of Turtle Fudge!!! We shared it after dinner, and that was my weekend splurge. Mostly I behaved.

Today I bought some clothes! I HATE sizes I swear! I bought a pair of Levi capri's in a size 10. Another pair of demin capri's in a size 8. A pair of (gotta love this name so thought I would share it!) Bare Naked Skinny Jeans in a size 11. And then in Walmart I bought a pair of button and zip cotton capri's----in a small size 4-6. Now give me a break, I have lost weight, but in no world am I a size 4-6. I am still overweight!!!! I give up trying to figure what size to try on even!! I also bought a really pretty coral colored blouse---the new pleated style---to wear to my Uncles funeral. Manda give me a pair of black slacks in a size 11, so will wear them. Funerals here are very casual compared to the ones we go to in Texas. There it is suits, ties, and dresses no matter what!!! Here slacks work! Also bought a couple of tshirt style shirts. The one pair of denim capri's have a small band around the bottom of striped fabric, in purples and greens---so going to look for a shirt to match them tomorrow.

TracyKS that is a great pic of you and your bike!!! You will be so thrilled when you do get that belly whacked---it will shock you!!!

I pushed and pulled mine trying to get an idea what it would be like without it----it was nothing like what it ended up being. To be able to shower without lifting and washing under it, and to pull on a pair of pants without going over it, or tugging my shirts down long over it.....is absolutely, freaking awesome!!

Jane I am seeing Lori, my stylist this week-----I feel a change a comin'.......WOW I sound like a politician!!!

Suzanne----you feeling ok? DO not overdo until you find out about your back, I don't want you to do serious permanent injury to it. You scare me with your go go go!!

Well I have jalapenos stuffed, ready to grill, and steaks to go on the grill. For lunch I had grilled chicken salad, and must admit, I skipped Breakfast. I have drank 2 glasses of iced tea and 3 bottles of Water. I did a gentle single trip around the machines at Curves, I felt a lot of them in my abs!! So I only did one round, and will try to slowly work back up. Also walked the mall with my Mom. So far today, so good!

Kat

Remember when I went to the hospital? The er bill was $3400 and since they were in network, I owe $550. I thought a lot was written off, but less I had to pay. Then I got the ambulance bill!! I end up owing more to the ambulance company than to the ER??? I owe $837 to the ambulance co. They are not a network provider so they take no discounts! Amazing!! I was on the phone for 2 hours trying to negotiate the bill, still not done, but so far I am not successful! I am going to try again writing this time. Oh well new day tomorrow!!!

Jane

That doesn't surprize me Jane. When Rick had his heart stuff going on, he had an angiogram done here as an outpatient, as part of the pre op testing. To see if perhaps there was a need for bypass at the same time, which there was not, and the moronic Dr. caused a blood clot doing the angiogram....but anyway. It was an outpatient procedure.

The local hospital is out of network, because while I live in NM, DH's company was based out of TX so our insurance is BCBS of TX.

So then we went to Albq. for the actual open heart surgery. He was in CICU for 3 days, and had the bypass machine on, all the stuff involved in open heart surgery.

That hospital, accepted assignment of our insurance! Our total out of pocket for the entire open heart surgery, surgeons fees, anesthesia, everything through the Heart Hospital of Albq. was $638.00.

The total for the angiogram locally.......with insurance coverage was 10 X that----over $3700.00!!!

Scary!!!

Good luck with your negotiations!

Kat