Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

I got a postcard from Pamela. It's so pretty too. It makes me want to go there.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAMELA!!!! HOPE YOU ARE HAVING A WONDERFUL VACATION!!! ENJOY YOURSELF~~~~~~WE MISS YOU!!!

I am home from my meeting this morning. We are short of housing for all the people coming. Some of them come such a long distance, the added expense of a motel is just not available. We usually use Foster Families for that. But with the economy the way it is, we are coming up short for that as well. When you consider most of the locals involved, drive a truck with a stock trailer.....there is no way to fit an additional family in the truck, so it means driving another vehicle, and gas over $4 bucks a gallon----and sometimes these kids have events in the morning and then again in the evening....and Foster Families usually provide transportation, and some meals. We just don't have the response we did 4 years ago.

We donated use of our travel trailer, and it looks like I might end up fostering a family as well.....not something I planned to do!

I know that is terrible, to expect others to do something when I wasn't going to. I am just not a wonderful hostess----I don't know what to do with them! Add in Rick's schedule, my having Kinsey so much, and we live in a small house.....and I really don't want to! But even more than that I don't want a kid who qualified being unable to come because they have no place to stay.

I could do it easily if it were just the kids----it is the entire family I have issues doing----lack of room, and kids are easy--they don't mind grabbing a burger or a pizza, but with an entire family that costs too much!

But I am going to do what I gotta!!

We made it through the night with no flare ups. We had several hot spots when Rick and I went through it again last night, and he got down the big limbs that burned, before they possibly fell. It looks so bad. It is wierd, in places it burnt perfect squares....

TracyKS, hoping all goes well with your Mom today. Will be thinking of you.

TracyK, enjoy story time. Last week we went, and they made the kids paper hats out of newspapers....Kinsey loved it!

I got a check in the mail yesterday for over $8000.00, from the county!!! So I knew there was a mistake.....but man I was hoping it was not! It was it was supposed to go to someone for laying carpet---now how and why it was sent to us, I have no idea. But I feel a letter to the editor of the paper coming on, about shoddy bookkeeping practices!! The treasures position is elected, and used to be held by a friend of mine. Well one of her workers somehow lost or the bank lost a deposit. She went public with it, they all took lie detector tests, and the video camera finally showed the girl in the bank after hours drop off. So, she changed procedure, and had a courier pick up began. Well come election time the guy in office now crucified her for it, and won the election. I think it high time he got knocked down a peg or 2!!! LOL

Well I am on my 2nd bottle of Water, but need food, so guess I will go scavenge!!! Also need to fold some laundry and change the sheets on the bed. Even after steady showers I smell smoke on them!

BBL~~

Kat

Sorry the font is so small and hard to read, I tried to edit, but couldn't change the size......

Kat

Reading time at the library was fun. On the way there, my friend that worked with me (that is taking my place) called and was telling me about the temp she was trying to train and how she wasn't "getting it" and what would I do? I reminded her how it took me like 11 temps before I found a good one (HER) so....

Makes me feel good to know I am missed.

Just finishing lunch and heading to swimming class then to pick up dsd and dss.

I hope things are going well for Tracy and her mom. :smile:

Whew, Kat... just reading your posts exhausts me! I don't know where you get all your energy!!!

Suzie... I guessed "A Pool!" ... wish I'd been right, for you!

TracyK... Isn't that THE BEST??? You are done w/that and ENJOYING YOUR LIFE!!

Well... my Coldstone coupon is no longer tempting me... he he...:smile:

+ it was free iced coffee Wednesday @ Starbucks (if you've got one of the little cards)...

so I had a yummy lunch & it was all FREE! :biggrin2:

Now I've got to go clean the powder room & bake something for tonight... the PTA exec board is coming over to prep for the big budget meeting in 2 weeks... which will also be here... oh well, at least having folks over motivates me to clean!!

Make it a good afternoon, Vi's!

Michele, you made me laugh and than be sad. I was hopeing it would be the pool also. We are still waitng. He called this morning and said that he would be here this afternoon and so far no one. I did call the store owner last night and left a message. He called me back this morning and we had a good talk. Even though I still don't have the pool in my backyard I still walked away a winner. I made him see it thru my eyes what they have put my family and I through. At the end of the conversation he offered me a huge bonus that I felt was acceptable. He did tell me that the guy has no more pools he is signed up for so I am definately his next job. I'm still waiting. I will keep you guys posted. Sending a pic of what our yard looks like.

TracyKS, keeping my prayers said for you.

post-214709-13813137296313_thumb.jpg

Ooops... sorry. Didn't realize I wasn't reading the last page of posts. What a surprise to post and then see upteen others already there. I got a postcard from Pam today too.

Just got done cleaning poopy pants.. no not mine. We're going to head outside again and let Grandma get some sun while Ethan hits his baseball and golf ball around.

Haydee.. I already have 4 grandchildren so this will be my 5th!! :smile:

I didn't mean to make you sad, Suzie!! :smile: Sorry...

So I'm procrastinating on the bathroom cleaning thing...

Here's me a moment ago... 1st pic @ age 45... you can see my messy office behind me...

July92008-1.jpg[/img]

Edited by mdrai

The first thing I noticed about the picture was your bones showing. Isn't that a great feeling. You look wonderful.

PS, I'm not really sad. Just waiting.

Well that didn't work...

so much for a quick & easy picture post!

1 last try...

Picture119.jpg

Edited by mdrai

Believe it or not, that is smaller! ha ha!

Thanks for noticing, Suzie!!

You are more patient than I...

Judy has poopy pants?? What?? :smile:

POOL was my guess too!! Doh :smile:

Poopy pants Judy!!

Poor Suzie, it was unanimous--I was guessing and hoping pool too!!! Someday you will have it, and you are far more patient and forgiving than I!!!!

I am dressed and ready physically to go, my Uncles services are in an hour.....emotionally I am putting off going to the church, which is just down the road. I am waiting for my parents to show up, I am driving.

My friend who was getting married Friday night had to change it to Saturday, her sons best friend was killed in a boating accident, and his funeral is Friday, so she is waiting til Sat. so her son can be here. So Friday night Rick and I will go to the ice breaker for our class reunion. Then Saturday morning is his friends memorial service, the reunion picnic at 1 and then the wedding in Colorado that evening. Busy day it looks like.

Well I am too keyed up to sit....guess I will go unload the dishwasher or something productive! LOL---It is an improvement, used to be I would be prowling for something to eat! I put a cooler with iced down Water in the car, it is 103 out right now, and we head to open skies at the cemetary right after services, I worry about my folks so I am taking them cold water. Me too of course!!

Be back later.....TracyKS let us know as soon as you know anything hon!

Kat