Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

just lost a huge freakin post...omg...pissed! gonna go read until someone wakes up in the USA1

Good Morning, Violets..

I'm dressed and ready to head to church to practice for the memorial service today, then lap band support group right afterwards. It's another cloudy, stormy day. No warming the pool today.. :cool::)

Pam.. so great to read your posts and remember all the things I loved about Germany too. Will be glad to have you home so you can post EVERY day!!

Terry.. you look great!! Can't see any bruising in the pic.

Laura... don't forget your Violets when your Dad wins the tournament!!!!! He sure seems to be on a roll.

TracyK... I PB on just about anything if I eat it too fast or too much. Yesterday I had a handful of goldfish crackers... then drank some Crystal Light too soon and up it all came.

Gotta run... everyone have a great day!! Catch ya later...

Laura, you crack me up!!!! I laughed so hard!!!

Glad to hear from you Pam!! Your postcard showed such a beautiful scene, and you sounded like you were having a great relaxing time.

Off to work, end of a busy, busy week. I have to admit I sort of lost my cool yesterday and under my breath, but loud enough, but hopefully not heard I did say a few choice words. Bad girl for me. I will be glad when I get the share the phone duty with others again.

If you yelled for 8 years, 7 months and 6 days you would have produced enough sound energy to heat one cup of coffee.

(Hardly seems worth it.)

If you farted consistently for 6 years and 9 months, enough gas is produced to create the energy of an atomic bomb.

(Now that's more like it!)

The human heart creates enough pressure when it pumps out to the body to squirt blood 30 feet.

(O.M.G.!)

A pig's orgasm lasts 30 minutes.

(In my next life, I want to be a pig.)

A cockroach will live nine days without its head before it starves to death. (Creepy.)

(I'm still not over the pig.)

Banging your head against a wall uses 150 calories a hour

(Don't try this at home, maybe at work)

The male praying mantis cannot copulate while its head is attached to its body. The female initiates sex by ripping the male's head off.

(Honey, I'm home. What the...?!)

The flea can jump 350 times its body length. It's like a human jumping the length of a football field.

(30 minutes..lucky pig! Can you imagine?)

The catfish has over 27,000 taste buds.

(What could be so tasty on the bottom of a pond?)

Some lions mate over 50 time s a day.

(I still want to be a pig in my next life..quality over quantity)

Butterflies taste with their feet.

(Something I always wanted to know.)

The strongest muscle in the body is the tongue. (Hmmmmmm.....)

Right-handed people live, on average, nine years longer than left-handed people.

(If you're ambidextrous, do you split the difference?)

Elephants are the only animals that cannot jump.

(Okay, so that would be a good thing)

A cat's urine glows under a black light.

(I wonder who was paid to figure that out?)

An ostrich's eye is bigger than its brain.

( I know some people like that.)

Starfish have no brains

(I know some people like that too.)

Polar bears are left-handed.

(If they switch, they'll live a lot longer)

Humans and dolphins are the only species that have sex for pleasure.

(What about that pig??)

LOL Terri, that was good. I want to come back as a pig too!

Well, it is almost 8:30 and i am starving...waiting for Susanne so we can go eat. HHUUUMM, carbs and eating late, wonder whz this is gonna be the 20 pound trip???

I love zou guzs and will pop in on Tuesdaz! Laura, tell zour dad he has purple power coming his waz...all the waz from Germanz!

xoxoxoxoox

Guess what I got??????

Go ahead, take a stab at it.

I bet you'll be right this time.

I actually have a pool in my backyard. Yup, I said it. It's for real. I have pool. It may not have Water in it yet. But it's up. They will be back Monday to finish putting the skimmer and water intake valves in. Than we just have to wait for the plumber to come and hook up the heater. Right now it has about 2 feet of water in it and it's cold water. Can't wait to get that heater going. I'm hoping that by next weekend we will all be in it playing volleyball and floating and synchronized swimming. Sis and I used to do that when we were younger.

So, did you all guess right?????????

Question????

I have read it post where people say they have a 4cc band and that they have 4.25 in it and feeli that they need more in their band. I guess I'm not understanding this. Does a 4 cc or a 10cc band not hold 4cc or 10cc's. Do they actually hold more than that?

I have a 10cc band and I have 7.6cc's in mine. I probably could use a little more but I don't want to get to the point where I'm throwing up. That is one thing I have not done in my 2 years of having my band and I don't want to start now.

Wooooo Hooooooo.. Pool Party at Suzie's!!! I sure hope to get in the pool sometime this week. Today it got to 85 air temp, but the Water temp was only 78.. grrrrrrrrrr I need more SUN!!

As for the Fluid in the bands.. I have heard that you can put in a little more than what the band is.. for instance 4.1 or 4.2 in a 4cc band. I'm at 3.1 in mine and I'm fine as far as restriction. Just got to keep my head in the game.

The Wiifit is sooooooooooooo much fun and I'm sooooooooo sore!! My Wiifit age today was 72 so that tells ya I didn't do as well on the balance stuff today. But I hold the record for ski jumps and hula hoops!!

The memorial service went well and afterwards, I had 12 people in the lap band support group... 8 of them were new!! They all seemed really excited about the group and said they'd be back. Now I have to contact some of the original members and see why they aren't coming. If they were all there, we'd have about 20 people.

Tomorrow the Bobster and I are going to church together since he doesn't have to preach and then we're headed out of town for the day. We're going to a little town about an hour and a half away and just do some window shopping and have dinner. He was gone all day today and we don't like to spend that much time apart since we've "retired".

Time to go check the ribs in the oven and see how he's doing on the Wiifit.

Will check back tonight..

I want a wii, I think I will try to find one, I hate shopping like that though. Now, probably I will be able to find the wii, but not the wii fit!!

Jane

I want a wii, I think I will try to find one, I hate shopping like that though. Now, probably I will be able to find the wii, but not the wii fit!!

Jane

My son found the Wii console for me, but I had to get the Wiifit on ebay at almost double the price cause you just can't get them in the U.S. right now. Whenever they go onsale online, they are snatched up before you have a chance to grab them. And I'm sure it's by people who sell them on ebay! But I do love it!!! Bob jogged 1.999 miles last night and he hasn't done that in many, many years. I'm still way sore from the hula hoop and running. But I look forward to it every day.

Good Morning, Violets..

I'm up early to get ready for church and then the Bobster and I are heading out for the day. It looks like it will be a warm sunny one, so the pool pump and solar heater are on and hopefully will raise the Water temp some.

Everyone have a great day. Will check in when we get home tonight.

Hi Everyone!

Well, today is the last day of my vacation. :biggrin: I'm going to make it count by pounding some metal.

Had a fun day yesterday browsing around the historic Heights area yesterday <sigh>..... it makes me so nostalgic for the 'old days'. Going down there is like being transported to the 50's ... all the houses are old (but mostly restored) , the trees are big and shady, and the shops are so cool! I bought this neat-o turkish candle lantern made of bronze and red hand-blown glass...but can't figure out where to put it. That's me!

Poor Pammy has to come home. I bet she's sad. It sure was fun reading her posts, though, wasn't it? I'll kind of miss the z=y.