Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

Hello all,

I have still been going to my lapband Dr. In the last month I got felling sick enough to go into the hospital. Well, I was having heart palpitations and since this was a family trait, they stuck me in there for almost one week.

I am now with out a gallbladder, LOL. The stone was the size of a golf ball. So surgery through the belly button sounds like it might hurt right now. I was approved for my surgery at one hospital and now the practice is moving to another hospital actually closer to me. So they have to re-submit it to the insurace company. The surgeon who took out the gall bladder is the one doing the lapband. Just the way I planned it!!! At least he knows how my liver looks now. LOL. So just to let you all know the surgery will be in May sometime. I'm getting a lot excited!!!!!

I'm also trying to get use to the new format. I'll just keep coming on her for the next few days maybe if i write stuff it will sink in.

Keep on losing!!!!

Wendy Ann

Hi Wendy Ann, I have not had the banding yet either, probably sometime in may or june. I also had my gallbadder out in dec., but I had a different surgeon, I wish I had went to my banding surgeon, but I didn't know I could till afterwards, but like you said at least they would know what the liver looked like, but I can't go back.:)Good luck to you . Try to stay in touch. Peggy ann

I have a good dessert recipe for bandsters. low carb..

1/2 container of GREEK style Yogurt

1 - 8 oz package of low fat Cream cheese

Vanilla ( about 1 tsp)

Sweetner ( about 3-4 pkts of sweetner to taste)

Cinnamon ( about 1/ 2 tsp)

O.k. so soften the cream cheese out on the counter, then start to mash it with a fork, gradually add in the yogurt, spices, sweetner. Until its the consistency of thick yogurt... then dole it out into 1/2 cup portions and return to fridge... it will stiffen up when it chills again.

Enjoy with a dolloop of Fat Free cool whip on top.... YUMMY to die for..

Vanilla ( about 1 tsp)

O.k. so soften the cream cheese out on the counter, then start to mash it with a fork, gradually add in the yogurt, spices, sweetner. Until its the consistency of thick yogurt... then dole it out into 1/2 cup portions and return to fridge... it will stiffen up when it chills again.

Thanks Peaches9. This sounds delish!!!!! Can't waid to try it..

Wendy Ann

Hi all. Nice to have this special place for us. Just tried to eat some turkey for lunch and up it came, after just a few well chewed bites. I can eat stuff like yogurt and Soup with never a problem. But so often food like meat and veggies cause me to PB and upchuck. It will start just after a few bites and I chew them up a lot. This is happening once a day, sometimes twice. Any one have this???? PB too muche_3_12.gif

I go through stages when I PB. I wonder if is the amount of Water I have had to drink. I chew a lit and still do it. I haven't had a fill in 5 months but am going in 2 weeks.

I'm a rebander. On my second band. I did get some grief from some folks, as to why would I want to do it again at my age, 60 in June...my answer has always been that I would like to live as long as most of my female relatives, well into their 90s but with no weight issues. If I kept up the yo-yo dieting, it has to take a toll on your system. So I am starting over but with a much more experienced surgeon...go for first fill (again) next week. My daughter and I are both banded...so my biggest supporter has always been my daughter and even my first surgeon who probably screwed up has been a great supporter, even referring me to a different facility for second opinions

So good luck to any newbies..even with my complications, I didn't hesitate a second to get rebanded!!

Trish

It's been a few months since I've posted here and the board has seemed to change quite a bit. I've written a few times lately and I'm not sure whether they have shown on here or not. Just wanted to check again.

Terri

Hello, glad to see that this place is more active. I had to have a unfill and it is kicking my butt. I have gained and need to get back on track. As folks say, I can eat anything.Well, most anything! I am trying to maintain, but it is tough. Talk to you all soon I hope. Karen

Been there, done that. I can feel your pain...:):) Hang in there. I gained 40 lbs from when fill was removed in June of last year...Now rebanded and going for first fill since second band put in..can't wait...and I CAN EAT anything :)

trisha

Hello, glad to see that this place is more active. I had to have a unfill and it is kicking my butt. I have gained and need to get back on track. As folks say, I can eat anything.Well, most anything! I am trying to maintain, but it is tough. Talk to you all soon I hope. Karen

Sounds great...but what size container of Greek yogurt did you use? Thanks and can't wait to try it.

vanilla ( about 1 tsp)

Sounds great...but what size container of Greek yogurt did you use? Thanks and can't wait to try it.

think its about 1 1/2 cup size... not quite as big a container as cottage cheese which usually holds 2 cups.

It's been a few months since I've posted here and the board has seemed to change quite a bit. I've written a few times lately and I'm not sure whether they have shown on here or not. Just wanted to check again.

Terri

Yup, you are showing up just fine.

Candice

hi, glad to have found everyone again. I had lap band last Aug. and lost 31lbs but am at a stand still. Trying not to get discouraged and not revert to old habits.

I too have stalled. I am going for a fill in two weeks. I hope that helps. I am nit complaining. I look so much better than before.