Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

Question, I had lap band this past aug. 17 and slowly loosing, 31lbs so far, but now was told my thyroid levels are elevated. Is this due to the surgery? should I be concerned? Going to see my doctor this week.:thumbup:

Question, I had LAP-BAND® this past aug. 17 and slowly loosing, 31lbs so far, but now was told my thyroid levels are elevated. Is this due to the surgery? should I be concerned? Going to see my doctor this week.;)

10 lbs a month is good - that 2.5 a week (above average) .. The weight didn't come on overnight - not going to come overnight...

Thyroid issue - doubt it has anything to do w/the band - why would a piece of plastic around your stomach affect your thyroid - but again I'm no doc.. Don't worry - see the doc..

Saw the doc and now have pills for the thyroid. Never took so many pills in my life, lol. Will see if this was a reason for me not loosing any weight this month.;)

I hope this gets to the root of your problem, Lauraz. Good luck with your search for an answer. Karen(kll724).

Since I'm into my second month of dieting for the insurance purposes. (6 months) I hear now from a friend if I lose too much weight maybe the insurace wouldn't cover the lap-band. Has anyone ever heard of this? I need it to keep me on the straight and narrow. Any advice out there? If I can lose then I should, why beat around the bush. I may need it for weak times. Thanks

Since I'm into my second month of dieting for the insurance purposes. (6 months) I hear now from a friend if I lose too much weight maybe the insurace wouldn't cover the lap-band®. Has anyone ever heard of this? I need it to keep me on the straight and narrow. Any advice out there? If I can lose then I should, why beat around the bush. I may need it for weak times. Thanks

It all depends, I lost 35 lbs, but had co-morbities, an did not have a problem with the insurance covering my weight loss. Also, I think maybe if you have dieting 3x and not been successful at maintaining your weight loss, it makes a difference, too!

Since I'm into my second month of dieting for the insurance purposes. (6 months) I hear now from a friend if I lose too much weight maybe the insurace wouldn't cover the lap-band®. Has anyone ever heard of this? I need it to keep me on the straight and narrow. Any advice out there? If I can lose then I should, why beat around the bush. I may need it for weak times. Thanks

Wendy...I was required to lose at least 3lbs/month on the 6 month medically supervised diet. Best to do a check with your doc's office and ask them that question. But, from what I've heard, most take your intitial weight from your first visit with your lb doc.

I felt I was more prepared for what was to come after surgery by losing 52lbs during the 8 months prior to surgery.

Wendy...I was required to lose at least 3lbs/month on the 6 month medically supervised diet. Best to do a check with your doc's office and ask them that question. But, from what I've heard, most take your intitial weight from your first visit with your lb doc.

I felt I was more prepared for what was to come after surgery by losing 52lbs during the 8 months prior to surgery.

Ya know, that's what I thought. I just thought it would be better for the long haul. I would never dream about losing 52 lbs before wls. Awesome. Thank you for all your advice I will call them Friday and let you know. Wendy

Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

God Bless!

8_5_15.gif

Hey, everyone, I miss you all! I don't like the new format. It's hard to find the forums you want. Anyway, I haven't seen many folks since mid-November when this thing went down.

Life is good. I've been real busy with family, the holidays and doing service project with my church group.

So far, I've done well this month in maintenance. My family practitioner was real proud of my weight loss, again. She adjusted my blood pressure meds for 2 weeks, then she might take me off all together. Yeah!

Well talk to you all later. Karen(kll724)

Hey, everyone, I miss you all! I don't like the new format. It's hard to find the forums you want. Anyway, I haven't seen many folks since mid-November when this thing went down.

Life is good. I've been real busy with family, the holidays and doing service project with my church group.

So far, I've done well this month in maintenance. My family practitioner was real proud of my weight loss, again. She adjusted my blood pressure meds for 2 weeks, then she might take me off all together. Yeah!

Well talk to you all later. Karen(kll724)

Yeah, traffic on LBT has slowed considerably since they initiated this new format!! I don't like it either. At least I'm getting emails now, but I used to be able to read the posts in my email. Then I'd go to the site when I was ready to respond. That's another thing I don't like.

Hey, Phyl,and anyone else around,

Are we the only people that have returned to the site? I see that you post on another group, too. I haven't posted there, but might if this one doesn't get any action.

I am back to not being able to keep much down, again. I had redskin mashed potatoes on Thursday, they got stuck. Then, Friday I think, I had some Chinese.

Obviously, a bad choice, now, I can't really eat solids, and liquids are slow to go down. I have an apt. on Wed, so hopefully if the problem doesn't resolve, he will be able to help me. I tried chili last night, I have burped and had to take ant-acid ever since. Yuck!!

Other than that, I am good, getting ready for the holidays. Trying to get my shopping done. Well, take care. Karen(kll724)

New site - sucks !!! I miss my subscriped threads ;0)

Karen - I forget are you newly banded or did you just get a fill - You sound as if you are too tight -

Remember eat slowly - chew super well - tiny bite.. Let us know how your appt went..

Hi,

Well, I am trying to figure this out. I keep telling myself change is good!

I do miss my 2009 band group, hopefully they will post again.

I am working on getting my weight closer to 140 rather than 145. I belong to TOPS, and just hit my goal weight of 145 in October. !00 pounds down in a year.

I'm in Cranberry territory, on the Southern Oregon coast. I'm just starting to make a bunch of compote to freeze, with cranberries, apples, oranges, pears, spices, and stevia. No peeling! I'm eating a lot of it before it gets to the freezer! Without sugar, it's low in calories, and high in Fiber. Whatever organic I can get at the local store.

I haven't had a fill since March 2010.

Anita

They have added a forum for us - let's post here... So we can share with the new people....

HELLO EVERYONE! I AM A NEWBIE. I AM 57 AND FROM JOHNSTOWN PENNSYLVANIA. I AM TO BE BANDED ON 1/17. I AM ON DAY 2 OF MY PRE OP DIET. SO FAR SO GOOD! LOOKING FOR FRIENDS ON HERE TO COMMUNICATE THOUGHTS AND INFO. THANK YOU ALL! :)