Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

I had a fill about 2 months ago, sometimes I have a problem with food going down especially solid meat. For the most part I am happy to be at the weight I am and not gaining.

Hi All.... I have been following the other 50's thread but didn't post... Thanks IndioGirl for letting us know about this thread' date=' I am looking forward to your continued encouragement and support you provide for us all... You are an inspriation to us....

I am going in on the 11th for my second fill and am hoping to get some restriction... I got my first fill the end of November and after about a week or so it feels like I haven't had any restriction and I have been able to pretty much eat anything I wanted to with out any problems...

On two occaisions I had food get stuck, but I took a couple of sips of room temperature pineapple juice and after about a minute, plop the food went through... I swear that pineapple juice is magic potion when it comes to food getting stuck..... I bought a six pack of 6 oz cans of Dole Pineapple Juice and keep it on hand... I wouldn't be without it... If I had a purse big enough I would carry a can in it to have when I go out to eat... :hungry:

The scale has not moved in about a month and I admit I have made some bad food choices during the holidays so I'm hoping the fill will help get the scale moving again.... The RV park that we are staying in has a work out room yet I only manage to get there once a week, which is not enough and I need to get my rear in gear and git r done more often..... :biggrin1:

Hopefully this thread will take off as well as the other one did....[/quote']

I'm 51. And was banded2yrs ago. I have maintained the same weight for the past year but want too lose that last 20. So nxt week it's back for another fill. I love my band and wish I had it ten yrs ago.. I do have trouble with some meats and most fruits, but there are plenty of other things to enjoy

Have question. I'm 56 I have about 65 lbs to loose. If I exercise after my lapband walking/dancing etc will I still have a lot of loose skin ? I know everyone is diff but I'm curious to know

I have been exercising before my lapband and contirbute my loose skin to genetics and menopause. At least I have muscles under my not so tight skin and exercise is not only good for the body, but mind too. I could not imagine not having

that form of stress relief. Take care and good luck on your journey!

I am 58. Have had my band now for 8 years. I lost an initial 50 lbs (254) and have basically stayed there. I am stuck. I eat frozen pizza and gummy vitamins. I do however also eat crunchy Cookies. I hate to exercise, so I haven't done that. What a rut! It really is depressing. I know all the right and wrong things I am doing..so what next? Anyone have any suggestions on how to get out of the RUT and start doing the things I need to do?? This is my first post. And am very excited that there is such a forum. Hope I am doing it correctly!

Well I see it posted. Patience my new friends

If I were you, I'd go back to eating like a newly banded person.

It doesn't sound like you had adequate follow up care . So I would say, start there as well.

That's a long rut to be in for 8 years and eating pizza and gummie Vitamins certainly is no way to work your band.

Thanks for bringing this group to our attention! Didn't know it was here.

I am 52 was banded a year ago. Happier then ever and smaller then I was in high school who would have ever thought after reaching 330!

MJC, I would suggest logging you food on MyFitnessPal so you can really see what you are eating. It shocked me when I started! I hated exercise too. I do it every day now. It doesn't have to be strenuous, just something. I usually sit on my sofa, on my iPad, watching TV and pedal away on a little pedal machine. I started at 10 minutes last year and now go up to 90 minutes. Just find something to burn calories. Once you do and the weight starts coming off you will feel so much better.

Hi everyone, I was banded last September and I am still in my 50's till November. Burr scary thought turning 60 but would be worse for me if I stopped aging. I've been away from this site for a while. I was banded in Toronto Canada at Slimband Clinic they have a web site but I'm finding too many negative Nelly's ( sorry to all the Nelly's out there) and no sense of humor. I was pre op diet 237 today 181.2. I am so grateful to the people on this site who told me about the Web site MyFitnessPal.com it has helped me lose around 2 lbs a week. My biggest motivation is that I'm getting married in Late August this year. With the Lapband tool and the web site I will be able to walk down the aisle instead of toddling down. Anyway, I look forward to reading and sometimes responding ( until Nov then ill be too old hahahaha never). Good luck to all!

Mimi

Good for you! I am 56 and have lost 80 pounds. I have never felt better. It is a little slower now because I am down to my last 20 pounds. My husband says no more but the dr and I agreed on 20 more. I am not stressing just enjoying life.

I am finding the last 15 slow too! My NUT asked me to try two weeks not logging my food and exercise. For the past 51 1/2 weeks I have logged everything! It was great having MyFitnessPal show you how much you would weigh. She wants me to try to start living a normal life and not monitoring everything and letting go! Today is day three! It is definitely different!

I am finding the last 15 slow too! My NUT asked me to try two weeks not logging my food and exercise. For the past 51 1/2 weeks I have logged everything! It was great having MyFitnessPal show you how much you would weigh. She wants me to try to start living a normal life and not monitoring everything and letting go! Today is day three! It is definitely different!