Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

I am finding the last 15 slow too! My NUT asked me to try two weeks not logging my food and exercise. For the past 51 1/2 weeks I have logged everything! It was great having MyFitnessPal show you how much you would weigh. She wants me to try to start living a normal life and not monitoring everything and letting go! Today is day three! It is definitely different!

The day I learned to "Let it Go" was the biggest breakthrough in my banded life.....I can now say I live a normal life, never count calories or worry too much about portion sizes...

I just eat good healthy foods, and stay active....just like any other "Normal" person does.....TOTAL LIBERATION!!!!

Difference is, in the background....I still have the band, always there dictating certain life principles.....but because of the band, I have also learned those new principles.....

Hey all! Banded on Dec 17th and down 25 pounds. Had infection in port incision so I stopped exercising for two weeks, restarting tomorrow. Had second fill today. No restriction with 1cc with first fill. Today was 1.5cc, on Clear Liquids for 24 hours but can tell I feel it. Love all the support and advice here. We all rock!!!

Thanks B-52. It has been over a week now and it was hard to not log, but I have lost 1.5 pounds this week so I will continue to try it this way! As long as it works and I don't need to hold myself accountable, I will try living life like a normal person!

Hi all,

I was banded July 27th 2012 and am just over 50 lbs lost. I feel great and truly believe exercise has been such a PLUS for me. I am very active and challenge myself all the time. Losing this weight has honestly helped me take 9 1/2 minutes off my 5k time in races! Really- I always felt like such a clod doing these races and quickly deleted the pictures taken of me at races. Now it's amazing to see what progress I have made and feel good about it. Hey Indio Girl- I'm just up the hill in Joshua Tree!

It is wonderful though sharing our "50+" experiences and helping each other out. This forum has been such a blessing for me!

Continued luck to us ALL!

CONGRATS, CalifTriGirl,, You are doing great. We 50+ folks do have other problems that the youngers don't welcome and we need to be more active on this forum.

Brought this out of retirement, nobody has contributed for a while. Any Bypassers and sleevers interested?👈😷👉

HW. 355 pounds 10/17
CW 320 pounds or less haven't weighed recently
SW to be Determined
SD September 5th 2018 7AM. EDT
Location Ohio State University-Wexner Medical Center
Columbus Ohio 43210
Surgeon Bradley J Needleman MD
Surgery Planned-RnY bypass with Hiatal Hernia repair-Laprascopic
My age 72 BD December 26 1945

@ mainelykaren if you think you're too old for bariatric surgery , look at my stats I've got everyone else beat age-wise. But if you need a BariBuddy consider me, I make a pretty nice friend!

And also @tedsmom is 69 and has had her sleeve surgery.

I am 65 and weight coming off is verrrryyyy slowwwww. I carry papaya enzyme tablets with me, I still occasionally get stuck. I gained about 40 pounds since my retirement and have lost 15 pounds so far, but it is taking forever to get it off again.

Hello All!

Sleeve surgery at 58, now 59. I couldn’t be happier. I started out at 225 and I’m now down 40 lbs to 185. My weight loss is more turtle, less hare, i.e. slow, but sure. Today I am classified as Overweight, NOT obese...NSV!

5 minutes ago, Gundy said:

Hello All!

Sleeve surgery at 58, now 59. I couldn’t be happier. I started out at 225 and I’m now down 40 lbs to 185. My weight loss is more turtle, less hare, i.e. slow, but sure. Today I am classified as Overweight, NOT obese...NSV!

I'm right there with ya! Turned 59 in July. Same height, but one box to the right on the BMI tables, so I've got a few more pounds before I'm out of obese category. I hadn't even realized that, so thanks!

Nice to see some activity among over 50's. Had my surgery at 64 and am now 67. The weight did come off very very slowly but with hard work and continued dedication it came off and is staying off. So nice to get a new lease on life at this age.