Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

The Dr's office just said I need to eat my Protein, which is 1/2 of my meal and then fruit and/or veggie is 1/4 and "desert" is last to eat and I should be full by the time I get to the desert and only want a bite or two. They didn't give me a specific number to strive for to get the protein. I do have the EAS chocolate and the vanilla flavored protein. They are both really good.

Hi Everyone, I am new and my name is Lisa. I was bande on 9-29-10, so about 3 weeks out. I have lost 12 lbs, yeah, and I feel great. I get my first fill on 11-10-10. Looking forward to it. I try to eat just protiens and some veggies, but I feel hungery about 2 hrs later. I don't snack between meals, but maybe will be looking at adding a Protein supplement to my day. I don't eat alot at my meals, afraid to stretch out my pouch. I am on mushy foods and in a week can advance to more solids.

Never liked to exercise, but am now walking every other day. Wishing I liked it more. HA HA

This group sounds like a great group of people and I look forward to reading and talking with you all.

Lisa

Hi Lisa, welcome to our group. I am going into my year. I was banded on Oct.30,2009. In fact, until I wrote that, I was not even aware a year was almost gone! Yeah me! I met goal about 2 months ago. Now I am in maintenance, which to my point of view, is harder. Good luck to you. Karen(kll724).

Aliengirl...it took me 4 fills to get it just right. The 3rd fill was too tight 4th fill a charm and I lost 10 lbs even after a year out. Listen to your body..if you are hungry like you used to be or close to it pre banded than your not tight enough. I am hungry about every ( hours now and I can't eat certain foods and I also can't binge eat like I used to except with ice cream. That's a true "slider" food and I only allow myself it 2-3 x a month if I can hold out. I love my band and love how I'm not gaining in the winter like I used to. We'll see this year still have to do yoga and rxcercise almost daily! Best

Mar

Thank you, glad to meet you. A year, wow!!! Congrats.

Edited by Aliengirl

Thank you for responsing. I hope after my first fill I will start to feel full longer. I am losing weight, but my stomach growls alot, people at work can hear it. HA HA

Thank you for responsing. I hope after my first fill I will start to feel full longer. I am losing weight, but my stomach growls alot, people at work can hear it. HA HA

I still growl alot, usually in church when its nice and quiet. I even growl whe I know I am full. So, I thin kit is just the nature of the "beast". :w00t:

Hi All - what a lovely group!!!! Just popping in to say that I'm finding these last two weeks tough as I feel totally normal. I see my doc next week for my first fill but am nervous that it will make no difference to how much I eat. I have to use huge restraint at the moment! I have found my weight plateauing out and since going on to normal food. Roll on Tuesday and praying the restriction works. Have no idea if the band was filled or not during the op. I really appreciate the shared stories as we have very little support in this country and the surgeon basically says cheers and that's the last you her from him or his team. Perhaps I'm expecting too much???

i could use some help .i have had 2 fillings ,and i still don,t have any restriction.how many do we have to ahve before we get restriction ?i had my surgery on july 19,of this year.i had lost 32 lbs,but then i gained 3 lbs.i,m getting so dicouraged.:w00t:

Good to see some new folks posting here!!

WELCOME~~!! Glad to have you join us!

23_3_36.gif

Fills are very important. When you find you can eat what you want and almost as much as you want, its time for a fill. But first after surgery you're healing up. That's bandster hell time. It may take more than one fill before you really feel restriction. Also, as you lose weight the band will loosen and you will probably continue to need fills. Follow the rules of the band. After the mushie stage eat mostly Protein, then some veggies, a little fruit if room, dessert for special occassions.

A fellow oldie here. I have been banded for 3 weeks not and am making good progress. This week I moved to mushies and havent lost any weight this week. Hopefully next week it will start back again. My doc doesnt believe anyone needs more than 3 fills and wont schedule the first one until after my 5 week checkup. Not sure how long after that you can get your 1st fill, or if it will be a long wait.

I am trying to eat just a cup of food, but it is tough. I am walking .8 of a miles several times/week and hope to increase that as soon as my body agrees.

Hi all! I am new to this site too. I was banded 9/23/10 and am also waiting for my first fill. It is comforting to know that my sudden hunger and frustration is pretty typical. I have lost 17 pounds but have not lost any in a week. My first fill is November 3 and I can't wait.

Hi Lisa, welcome to our group. I am going into my year. I was banded on Oct.30,2009. In fact, until I wrote that, I was not even aware a year was almost gone! Yeah me! I met goal about 2 months ago. Now I am in maintenance, which to my point of view, is harder. Good luck to you. Karen(kll724).

So encouraging to hear from someone banded a year ago and at goal!!!!! Can;t even imagine that at this point - just 6 weeks post op tomorrow and my first fill and not feeling any different than pre-op. I feel I could eat a whole plateful of food - I haven't which does encourage me about me.

i could use some help .i have had 2 fillings ,and i still don,t have any restriction.how many do we have to ahve before we get restriction ?i had my surgery on july 19,of this year.i had lost 32 lbs,but then i gained 3 lbs.i,m getting so dicouraged.:blushing:

Sorry you're battling Donna - hope someone can give you advice/help. I can't as Ihaven't had my first fill yet. Tricky business this!! Keep us updated on how you're going and hoping you find the 'sweet spot' that I often read about. Des