Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

I take a bariatric Vitamin for banders, it has everything that is needed, including the Calcium, I take one with Breakfast and one with dinner. Mine are watermelon flavor, but they also come in lemon

Why a 2nd banding friend from Australia

I take the same ones, watermelon flavor. I thought we were only suppose to take 1. Are we suppose to take them with meals?

Haha! Thanks, Judy! I agree completely. School lunches should be banned from schools. They are terrible...why don't they feed our children healthy food? I always take my Water, Protein, salad, Protein Shakes or yogurt. When things get stressful, I have iced coffee, and maybe some cheese or almonds. This is gonna be a good year, both at school and in my Quest for good health!

Nancy

Hi

I also take a Multivitamin - I buy the el'cheapo Equate/Walmart kids chewables. Only need to take one (little kids dose is 1/2) I was told to take them, but they didn't care which kind.

There are SO many options out there...so many formulas for every stage of life, gender, needs - It's too confusing to me!!! :-)

Hi to all tonight. Long, I get my Bariatric Advantage Vitamins (Vitaband) from bariatric advantage.com. They also have the profect Protein bullets which are nice to have on hand if you need to get in some protein. They are only 2 or 3 oz. and have 25 mg protein in them. I also use those for fillers, along with Unjury when I need it. I take two vitamins a day also. Well today is Saturday evening. I went to the state fair last night and saw Brooks and Dunn and ZZ top in concert. The concert was four hours long and it was fantastic. I drank Water so I was a good girl but I did have a corn dog again when it got over. My back is bothering me so I haven't walked for two days. Monday I go for a first fill under flourscopy so I sure hope this gives me some restriction cause I sure do need it. I have had bread in the past a couple of times but I kind of got stuck also. One day I can have something to eat and can't hardly quit and the next day I can warm up leftovers and boom, it gets stuck. Glad to here everyone is doing well.

Beckyo:thumbup:

Hi

So I'm curious...what's different about a bariatric Vitamin vs a regular multivitamin? Is there more of something specific to weight loss?

Why can't you eat leftovers? I make extra all the time so I have some leftovers for lunch and also take those doggie bags home from restaurants that my doggies never get to see as they are another meal for me as well.

I had a wonderful NSV today!! Before my Alaskan cruise in May my jeans were too tight and EGADS I had to go buy a new pair to take along in a size 26!!! That's the largest I ever bought. Well they were too big a while ago, then 24's, too big, then 22's too big today. I tried on some 20's I bought 2 years ago with tags still on in my closet because 'I was going to lose weight' AND THEY FIT!!!!!! Not even tight!!! I can't wait til Lane Bryant gets no more of my money!! A few more sizes!!

Why can't you eat leftovers? I make extra all the time so I have some leftovers for lunch and also take those doggie bags home from restaurants that my doggies never get to see as they are another meal for me as well.

I had a wonderful NSV today!! Before my Alaskan cruise in May my jeans were too tight and EGADS I had to go buy a new pair to take along in a size 26!!! That's the largest I ever bought. Well they were too big a while ago, then 24's, too big, then 22's too big today. I tried on some 20's I bought 2 years ago with tags still on in my closet because 'I was going to lose weight' AND THEY FIT!!!!!! Not even tight!!! I can't wait til Lane Bryant gets no more of my money!! A few more sizes!!

I belive she was talking about meat, it would be too dry. Sry

Excuse my ignorance....but what is NSV.....a victory....awsome on the pant size. By the way, I buy lemon flavored Vitamins from Bariatric Advantage....they are good. I just ordered mint flavored chewable Calcium from them. YOu can set it up to have them sent every 90 days and the shipping is free.

I want to go on an Alaskan cruise, but first I have booked a cruise of the Hawaiian Islands in April. I have a goal of losing 75lbs before the cruise. I am going to do it!:mad2:

NSV = Non scale Victory

I'll have to be careful about the left over meat. So far I haven't had a problem or if I have it wasn't left over and because I ate too fast or too big of bite.

I'd love to do a Hawaii cruise. We did them in opposite orders.

NSV = Non scale Victory

I'll have to be careful about the left over meat. So far I haven't had a problem or if I have it wasn't left over and because I ate too fast or too big of bite.

I'd love to do a Hawaii cruise. We did them in opposite orders.

Can you eat grilled steak, chicken or brisket? Next week I'm allowed beef and pork, I'm so afraid to try it grilled.

PJ: I've had grilled steak and pork chops, but they were not too dry. Grilled chicken is often too dry---when I added a bit of salsa, it was ok. Before the salsa (the day before), the grilled chicken got stuck after a few tiny bites. You will probably be ok with grilled meats, as long as you take tiny bites and chew carefully (and it is not too dry).

Long: congrats on the NSV! I love it when clothes get to big, don't you?

Speaking of stuck, I got stuck with some shrimp scampi that I made. After a few small bites, I felt this pressure in my chest and it was not gonna happen anymore! So, I have leftovers for today. We'll see if it goes down; if not, I'll just toss it. Getting used to just throwing it away is hard for me, but I am learning.

Nancy

Thank you for your advice. I really feel as if I need something because I feel quite weak and am barely eating at all because of the gas pain.