Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

Finally, the question: what do I do tomorrow? liquids? Clear only? Just soft things slowly?

i would do liquids early in the day to let everything rest. At dinner, I would do mushies. The worse thing when you get stuck is that things swell up and it can cause you to get stuck again and again if things don't have a chance to rest.

Misty, you can do this. Write down every reason you want to lose weight and look at the list often. Try doing the thread search on the

5 day pouch diet. It could help you get back on track.

Hi Mistymoon;

you won't get kicked off the board for not posting. The messages are so the board can stay active. I've done the same thing, logged in a read, and no post, and continued to get the posts.

I found that when I started having problems with continuing weight loss, and major head hunger problems that I avoided the doctor, the chat board, etc. Now that I'm back on track, I have learned not to avoid those people that will help me.

Good luck in continued success!

Sue Stenzel

I am sticking to liquids this AM and afternoon after last night's fiasco.

This band is so fickle! I am supposed to go for a fill tomorrow and yet, last night--stuck! Sometimes I want and know I can eat more--which I don't want to do, and the next meal--the opposite. What gives? I can spend the rest of my life making good choices (please, God), but I can't spend every day worrying if I can make it through a meal without pain and what goes with it.

Meanwhile, today is my 3 month anniversary of surgery and I am down 50 pounds. 217 to 167. I am happy--but last night's horrendous pain that lasted over an hour--takes some of the celebratory feeling away.....

Judy who is grateful for all of you here

Hi All i haven't posted on here for forever but I do stop by and read the posts. I got a message saying I haven't been posting so thought I would stop by before I was kicked off. lol

I had my surgery in Sept of 07 In the first 4 months I lost 68 lbs. Since then I have been up and down 4 to 8 lbs. I was so motivated when I started but I just can't get going again. I know I am doing everything wrong - carbonated bev's, eating soft foods, PBing because not eating correctly. I see sooo many of you doing so well and I get down on myself for not sticking to the program. At least with the band I have not gone over my initial 330 and I know without it I would be over 350 now. Also I am always aware of it so I can't give up. one of these days I will keep going down instead of up and down.!!!!:crying:

C'mon, Girl!! You can do it!! Get back on the wagon!!

23_28_111.gif

gowi.gif

I have had my CPAP machine for almost 2 years and I love it. I am so rested, and my blood pressure went to normal in two weeks. I just put it on and go to sleep each night. I have travelled with in, taken it on planes with no problems. I wish my Dad would have a sleep study. I am being banded tommorow. Maybe someday I won't need it but it is a wonderful tool that can save your life and make your life so much better.

Carol

Phyl is back!!! YEA!!!!!

Today is the first day I have felt almost normal since my gall bladder surgery on Friday. Still a little sore, incisions now itch like crazy and tire out fast. I just got back from my longest walk in a long time so feel really good about that. It was uphill halfway then down on the return of course. Also, those pesky 8 lbs I gained in the hospital are all gone!!!!!!!!!! They even took another half with them so I am at 49 1/2!! Tomorrow 50???? My kids are meeting for lunch on their lunch breaks (they work practically across the street from each other) and invited me to join them. I might just do that then come home and take my nap! :crying:

JB, hope you are feeling better by tonight. Was it white meat chicken? I find that when I eat the white meat I have a much tougher time than if I eat the dark meat. If I have turkey or chicken breast I have to wet is somehow with something like BBQ Sauce, a tad bit of gravy, teriyaki sauce etc.

Long--congrats on the 49.5--and in only 2 months! You're doing something right! And glad your GB surg is behind you.

Yes, it was white meat chicken--with a bit of mango salsa over it. I know that some people have trouble with chicken. I am just curious why it was fine at 6 PM and 3 hours later, a big problem.

That's why this band works--we're afraid to eat!! (kidding...I think)

Yes, it was white meat chicken--with a bit of mango salsa over it. I know that some people have trouble with chicken. I am just curious why it was fine at 6 PM and 3 hours later, a big problem.

It is strange how that works, jb! My doctor has said two things that might apply. One is that for some reason people have more trouble with leftovers than with something cooked fresh. Another is that the band changes tightness throughout the day and it is hard to tell--think of any rings you might wear on your fingers. Sometimes they are tighter some days or even at times during the day than they are at other times--the band seems to be the same. I wonder if we can tell how tight we are by feeling how tight our rings are? Hmmm. Probably not--that would be too easy! Good luck!

Mistymoon, here's the thought that helps me make the good decisions:

Am I trading what I really want, for what I want right now?

And you might take a moment to consider how you feel about yourself when you are straying. Does it make you respect yourself? Does it make you feel proud? Does it make stepping on the scale more rewarding?

Now contrast with how you felt when you were doing it right, respecting the rules, and losing.

As for those carbonated beverages... Ask yourself if it is worth ruining a $17,000 investment to drink this. And is it worth being obese for the rest of your life? I don't know about you, but I have never drunk anything so good, that it is worth returning to my state of utter misery and despair.

It's all a mind game. You can change your thoughts and go all the way to goal!

Hugs,

Orea

It's interesting to hear responses about the "CRAP" mask.

Tonite I go for my 2nd sleep study - this one will utilize the CPAP mask. :angry:

I have OSA and based on my daytime drowsies, fewer dreams and more glances at the slow moving bedside clock - it's definitely getting worse.

:crying:

My first experience with the sleep lab was in a warm, windowless room with the control room and the technicians several feet from my door.

:Banane37:

They weren't loud but I knew they were there, the light under my door, the clicking of their keyboards, an occasional quiet conversation or comment. :drum:

I toss and turn and spin under normal conditions - sleep in a cool room with the windows open and no curtains drawn. :sleep2:

I like moonlight, fresh air, crickets and birds at dawn - :moon:

My house is dead quiet.

Needless to say - I did not sleep well - yet the few hours or so were enough for sufficient data.

Tonight - I guess a repeat of the above?

But with the contraption on my head and face (with sensitive skin and night sweats!) - how will I be able to spin and turn?

I know this is long - and I realize sleep apnea is very unhealthy (and hopefully will fade with many other obesity related ailments) -

but I'd like to hear some feedback from others.

Yep like girdle's but not our mothers girdles - google Lipo in a box heres a link High Waist Brief, lipoinabox.comor spanx's SPANX - Body Shapers: View All Body Shapers: Hide & Sleek Hi-Rise Panty- flexe has some too.. I wear the high waisted ones - I turned on some of my lucky #7s to them when we were on our m of a trip - Peaches9 now swears by them..:Banane37:

I wore them at 250 cuz they helped the back fat issues I had - I am hypercritcal of my body - I look at so many pple in the world and think did they look in the mirror before they walked out the door.. I have a gf at work who is plump - she wears her clothes too tight and rolls show - so i try and dress to play up my good parts and play down my bad parts -

I am a big not what to wear fan...

I have some of those. I don't like them because the high-waisted ones tend to roll. and the leg ones roll also. maybe I am still too fat. And those stays can poke you in the ribs. To pull that down to pee and then pull it back up burns so many calories!! I would rather exercise!

It's interesting to hear responses about the "CRAP" mask.

Tonite I go for my 2nd sleep study - this one will utilize the CPAP mask. :moon:

I have OSA and based on my daytime drowsies, fewer dreams and more glances at the slow moving bedside clock - it's definitely getting worse.

:angry:

My first experience with the sleep lab was in a warm, windowless room with the control room and the technicians several feet from my door.

:sleep2:

They weren't loud but I knew they were there, the light under my door, the clicking of their keyboards, an occasional quiet conversation or comment. :drum:

I toss and turn and spin under normal conditions - sleep in a cool room with the windows open and no curtains drawn. :crying:

I like moonlight, fresh air, crickets and birds at dawn - :drum:

My house is dead quiet.

Needless to say - I did not sleep well - yet the few hours or so were enough for sufficient data.

Tonight - I guess a repeat of the above?

But with the contraption on my head and face (with sensitive skin and night sweats!) - how will I be able to spin and turn?

I know this is long - and I realize sleep apnea is very unhealthy (and hopefully will fade with many other obesity related ailments) -

but I'd like to hear some feedback from others.

How about getting some soft foam earplugs to take along? And asking if you could possibly be in a room farther away from the noise? I won't pretend sleep studies are fun, but they are important to your future health and happiness, and will even contribute to your weight loss success. :Banane37:

Good luck!

Orea

Phyl is back!!! YEA!!!!!

Today is the first day I have felt almost normal since my gall bladder surgery on Friday. Still a little sore, incisions now itch like crazy and tire out fast. I just got back from my longest walk in a long time so feel really good about that.

JB, hope you are feeling better by tonight. Was it white meat chicken? I find that when I eat the white meat I have a much tougher time than if I eat the dark meat. If I have turkey or chicken breast I have to wet is somehow with something like BBQ Sauce, a tad bit of gravy, teriyaki sauce etc.

Wow! Thanks for the nice welcome home, Long! Warm fuzzies to you, too! So glad you're doing so well after the GB surgery.

I have problems with both white and dark meat... frustrating because chicken is a favorite, right after fish! I've had 3 episodes of PBing and two were with chicken, and I think both of those were dark meat. I had a horrible episode last Friday at the county fair back home. I had an ear of corn and then 1/2 a hamburger. May have been the bread, but the meat was purchased by my BIL and I know it was good, sirloin burger... and a little overdone (also by my BIL--volunteer firemen's tent). So, it was dry and some of it came back up, but not until an afternoon of PURE misery sliming and in pain!

Another is that the band changes tightness throughout the day and it is hard to tell--think of any rings you might wear on your fingers. Sometimes they are tighter some days or even at times during the day than they are at other times--the band seems to be the same. I wonder if we can tell how tight we are by feeling how tight our rings are? Hmmm. Probably not--that would be too easy! Good luck!

That's an excellent analogy! Never thought of it that way~!

Mistymoon, here's the thought that helps me make the good decisions:

Am I trading what I really want, for what I want right now?

And you might take a moment to consider how you feel about yourself when you are straying. Does it make you respect yourself? Does it make you feel proud? Does it make stepping on the scale more rewarding?

Now contrast with how you felt when you were doing it right, respecting the rules, and losing.

As for those carbonated beverages... Ask yourself if it is worth ruining a $17,000 investment to drink this. And is it worth being obese for the rest of your life? I don't know about you, but I have never drunk anything so good, that it is worth returning to my state of utter misery and despair.

It's all a mind game. You can change your thoughts and go all the way to goal! Hugs, Orea

All excellent points! You are absolutely right!

WE CAN DO THIS, but we have to want to so bad that it becomes first and foremost... more of a priority than eating/drinking all those things we know will keep us from our goal.

I have some of those. I don't like them because the high-waisted ones tend to roll. and the leg ones roll also. maybe I am still too fat. And those stays can poke you in the ribs. To pull that down to pee and then pull it back up burns so many calories!! I would rather exercise!

I haven't bought any yet, but I have wondered if they'd roll. The high-waisted ones Janet or one of our Mall of America posse showed me had these straps that were kind of like suspenders that would supposedly keep that from happening. I know I couldn't wear the long legged ones for that reason. I did buy a couple of underwire bras while we were there. I never thought I'd EVER wear one of those again, but got a proper fitting one at Nordstrom's and so far they're not poking me! We had our cheerleader, Janet there nagging us that we had to "get our girls up"~~!!

10_1_26.gif

:thumbup:Yea! Phyllser is back! :thumbup:We missed you! :sad:This thread cannot function properly without you and Indiogirl. I hope you had a great time on your vacation.

How about getting some soft foam earplugs to take along? And asking if you could possibly be in a room farther away from the noise? I won't pretend sleep studies are fun, but they are important to your future health and happiness, and will even contribute to your weight loss success. :Banane37:

Good luck!

Orea

Guess I was lucky, my cpap study was in a room similar to a motel room, private bath, TV, queen size bed, and quiet. the observation room was in the front of the office and the 10 "study" suites were in the back.

I used the CPAP machine before surgery, but have not touched it since surgery. The only reason I actually got the machine is I was told I needed to use it in order to get the surgery... my issues were not too severee, but enough they wanted me to have it. so now it collects dust in the closet