Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

long2bthin -

hmmm . . .

how much does a gall bladder weigh? :thumbup:

But seriously -

hope you feel better soon

long2bthin -

hmmm . . .

how much does a gall bladder weigh? :thumbup:

But seriously -

hope you feel better soon

I asked and the nurse told me, believe or not 2 to 3 oz is all! BUMMER! And I weighed myself when I got home expecting a gain from the fluids, gas, swelling. Oh I got a gain!...8 POUNDS!! :thumbup: But as many trips as I am making to the bathroom, that should be gone in no time! :cool2:

I went to an endocrinologist when I was diagnosed with Diabetes (2) -

He said NO undiluted Fruit Drinks (like my all time favorite - Orange Juice)

He recommended - just eat the fruit instead.

And NO diet anything -

he was a big ANTI-artificial sweetener guy

And NO prepared foods - just scratch cooking.

Like packaged meals, boxed rice blends, bottled salad dressings.< /p>

Too much salt, sugar, preservatives, fillers, etc. :w00t:

Well - that's a nice list, but not always easy or practical to follow.

But I DID make better food choices.

little by little I changed some of the "bad" habits.

Not to mention that my children have moved on and took their Cocoa Puffs and Hot Pockets with them. :cool2:

I love the flavored "health" waters -

but they do have a lot of calories (2 1/2 servings per bottle - Give me a break - that's like 5 potato chips per serving!)

not to mention pricey.

Now I use Brita filtered Water and add a glug or two of real juice to a sport's bottle.

Real yogurt with fresh seasonal fruit

"Grow my own" - herbs that is. :thumbup:

Rarely go to the Deli (THAT I miss - I grew up on pepperoni and Genoa Salami and provolone)

Little changes - before the big day :thumbup:

Hello! I have a question hopefully one of you will be able to help me with. I ate an apple last night and now I can't eat anything without feeling stuffed. Is there a problem with eating raw apples?

I'm thinking the apple may have irritated the stoma. I'd go back to liquids for a day or two and see if that lets it settle down. The move on to mushies. Repeatedly trying to eat when it is irritated may make it worse.

Is there a problem with apples? I haven't heard of one, but there can be a problem with anything if we take too big of a bite or forget to chew well.

Good Luck!

Orea

some people who have tight fills have trouble with the skin on an apple going through the band. Do you feel like it's stuck?

Keep sipping on something warm like tea and it should open the band and help it pass through.

Sip sip sip !!!!

hi everyone. i was banded Aug. 4th. I just got home from being in the hospital all day. i just want to warn you.....sip..sip..sip all day. i got myself dehydrated, i was having dry heaves soooo bad for 3 days, so very sick at my stomach. went to drs office yesterday and he deflated my band gave me a shot for nausea, this morning at 4am...dry heaves again. was in emergency room all day, given 2 bags of iv, and a cat scan. the good news is my band is ok. i will always have my Water, Protein Drink in hand. i'm sure you all know to do this, just wanted to warn you.

Pj

weight.png

"Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels"

AugustAllStarsGlitters.gif

August 4, 2008- Surgery Date

Dr. Adam Smith-Ft. Worth, Tx.

Banded July 16th:

Apples are the only thing I found that I can not eat. It felt stuck and took a long time to go through. I chewed it up very very well, but still had trouble. Now I have to say, I can eat apple sauce OK. Maybe I didn't get it chewed up as well as I thought. I have not eaten really any other fruit except bananas. I wasn't sure about the acidity of some fruit at this stage of the game.

Of course, I have not attempted any meat except salmon, chicken. I see my doctor next Thursday.

Have any of you had extensive bruising after banding? When I came home Wednesday, I had a small bruise next to each of the 2 incisions. Now 3 days later, one wound has almost no bruising, but the incision for the port has a bruise the size of my full hand. Is this normal?:lol:

Sip sip sip !!!!

hi everyone. i was banded Aug. 4th. I just got home from being in the hospital all day. i just want to warn you.....sip..sip..sip all day. i got myself dehydrated, i was having dry heaves soooo bad for 3 days, so very sick at my stomach. went to drs office yesterday and he deflated my band gave me a shot for nausea, this morning at 4am...dry heaves again. was in emergency room all day, given 2 bags of iv, and a cat scan. the good news is my band is ok. i will always have my Water, Protein drink in hand. i'm sure you all know to do this, just wanted to warn you.

Pj

weight.png

"Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels"

AugustAllStarsGlitters.gif

August 4, 2008- Surgery Date

Dr. Adam Smith-Ft. Worth, Tx.

wow, sorry to hear about your ordeal!!!!!! Glad to hear you are homne and on the mend.

I luckily able to get in all my liquid and Protein right from the start. But others seem to struggle. my issues are always after a fill, the first few days of liquid, once I was unable to drink much at all, this time, all seems well.....

Take care of yourself and let yourself heal....

Thanks to everyone who responded to my question regarding apples. I will go back to liquids for a day or two..I've tried to eat and it's not working out to well.' On the positive side....I feel wonderful after losing 50lbs! I am no longer pre-diabetic! Woo Hoo! Now if I can get rid of the oxygen at night I'll be in heaven!

Is that a new picture of you? looking good, girl !!!

Thanks! It was taken a few days ago. The other picture is a couple of years old. I got my long hair cut short about a year ago and started coloring it to return to the medium golden brown of my youth. That's all very nice, but what pleases me is that my face looks slimmer. :-)

Thanks! It was taken a few days ago. The other picture is a couple of years old. I got my long hair cut short about a year ago and started coloring it to return to the medium golden brown of my youth. That's all very nice, but what pleases me is that my face looks slimmer. :-)

I realy have to get on the ball and post my picture from October 2007 and a more recent one. I also cut my hair about 2 months ater banding and did the coloring and highlighting.. I needed a change and was amazed by the additional compliments for the change from friends and co-workers. We all are doing more for ourselves, appreance, physical activity and in our clothing. :crying:

It is so enjoyable to go into a store and be able to not go for the plus sizes. even buying "sexy" undies... even if I am the only one who gets to see them :)