Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

Try not to get too worried about the numbers. I really have no clue how much is in my band anymore. I was too tight at 3 in a 4cc band and I told my dr to take out just a little bit and leave it where he thought it should be. I have been told some saline dissipates after awhile, and I haven't had a fill since last Dec.

Go by your hunger. If you eat solid Protein, not a mushie Protein, you should stay full for several hours. If not, you need another fill. Remember as you lose weight, you lose the fat pad around your stomach. That is what makes the band looser after you've lost some weight. When you are close to goal, the fat pad has melted away, and a fill should last a long time. I have had my last one over 8 months and I hope I never need another one.

Denise, are you continuing to lose? I noticed Indio is still losing (although at a slower rate). I am just curious about goal weight and what the doc recommends as you are at your goal. Do they ever remove a little of the fill, or just figure you will stop losing if they just leave well enough alone? OMW, I wish I could hurry up and get this band. I keep thinking up questions. DH always tells me I tend to analyze too much (drives him crazy sometimes...). Can I help it? come from a family of scientists/engineers!! hopeless.

YAY Beverly Diane. That's great news. Isn't it great as we start to see results? Nothing like that first check in with a good drop in weight. Good on you!

I have lost 5 lbs past my goal, but I don't have any problem with losing more than I want, like some people. There are some people that have had unfills because they can't stop losing.

I like having a little wiggle room so I can have treats now and then. I don't want any taken out as I am pretty loose now and can eat anything I want.

Well, my big day is finally here! Wish me luck! I am anxious to here from the other August 6th banders who are going through this with me today.

Good Luck Mary D! Hope you have an easy surgery and a fast recovery!

Going to my first informational session this evening. Nervous and excited all at once.

Hope you all have a pleasant day!

Pat

Just "waxing philosophically" this morning.

:drool:

about

SAGGIES -

I can live with them! - definitely better than bulgies.

Finding a waistline under all that unhealthy abdominal fat is two-fold pleasure - both external and internal.:blink:

about

food -

Just my own observation but a pet-peeve after countless diets!

Why oh why must 99% of the discussion be about food?

I/we obsess about it enough without having to have our consciousness directed back to it continuously.

We're grownups -

we've read the books, followed the guidelines, educated ourselves ad nauseum -

most of us know what good food is and what we're supposed to eat for health and nutrition! :ohmy:

How about focusing some of our new-found mental and emotional energy toward other things - creative, social, humanitarian, educational - whatever . . .

Speaking for myself -

I eat less when I think less about food.

My inner-dinner bell rings often and loudly enough.

Just my early morning ramblings on a pre-breakfast empty stomach and a post-sleep active mind. :cry_smile:

Good Morning,

I had my surgery Aug 4th. I am confused about something. Last night I drank some vegetable broth, and sipped my Water with Protein bullet in it. When I got up to go to bed, I got real sick to my stomach and started vomiting. I have no idea how much broth I should take at one time. Will some one help me. Tomorrow I can start eating Soup, and yogurt, & applesauce. How much should I eat of it. Also...since my surgery I haven't had a desire to eat. :cry_smile:

Well, my big day is finally here! Wish me luck! I am anxious to here from the other August 6th banders who are going through this with me today.

Mary - you are probably already on your way to the hospital for your big party! Best of luck to you today - prayers are for a safe and successful surgery and a speedy recovery.

Just "waxing philosophically" this morning.

:drool:

about

SAGGIES -

I can live with them! - definitely better than bulgies.

Finding a waistline under all that unhealthy abdominal fat is two-fold pleasure - both external and internal.:blink:

about

food -

Just my own observation but a pet-peeve after countless diets!

Why oh why must 99% of the discussion be about food?

I/we obsess about it enough without having to have our consciousness directed back to it continuously.

We're grownups -

we've read the books, followed the guidelines, educated ourselves ad nauseum -

most of us know what good food is and what we're supposed to eat for health and nutrition! :ohmy:

How about focusing some of our new-found mental and emotional energy toward other things - creative, social, humanitarian, educational - whatever . . .

Speaking for myself -

I eat less when I think less about food.

My inner-dinner bell rings often and loudly enough.

Just my early morning ramblings on a pre-breakfast empty stomach and a post-sleep active mind. :cry_smile:

Some interesting observations so early in the morning... Much rather worry about saggies than bulgies.

I am interested to observe how many folks are unsure about what, when, and how - esp since their lapband applications. I think some doctors may not be offering the nutrition guidelines they should be based on the needs of the LB patient. Some people seem to be getting most of their nutrition info from successful bandsters on these threads.

Good morning. I had a very interesting support group meeting last night on plastic surgery. A surgeon came and talked to us about various procedures, showed photos etc. Wow some of the results were amazing, but oh those scars looked painful. The lower body lift with the incision all the way around the body, OUCH! And the inner thigh one was like a Z from your groin to your knee almost. There were lots of very interested folks last night though, our meeting was double it's usual size and folks were driving from all over the city to come. Also, got a chance to talk to someone who just had gall bladder surgery with my dr. so am feeling better about that. He drove himself home from the hospital.

Dianne, glad you are back and doing well.

PJ, for the first 5 to 7 days post op I was to drink an ounce every 15 min. but go by what your dr. has told you as we all know they do vary.

About food discussions, personally I enjoy them. I always follow my surgeons guidelines but I like reading about what works for others and get different ideas of foods to have. I tend to get in a rut and do the same things over and over so it helps to change things up a bit.

Hi- I am 54 and new to the lap band as of 6 weeks ago--would love to chat with your group. I am still learning how to navigate this website however !! :cry_smile:

Hi Denise.

Goals and setting them is a whole topic in itself. I used to find goals to be the best way to not lose weight. They loomed beyond me, like goals to weigh less by a vacation, or seeing family, etc. Very anxiety making. Now I'm looking at it differently, and from the point of knowing I have help getting to where I want. I started by setting 10 pound goals and now that I see the weight coming off and that I'm doing well, I have a series of goals. I started at 315, so my goal is now 199- want to get under 200. And now I'm getting close to 1/2 way there! Beyond that, it's all gravy. I don't think I'll ever get back to 135, but once I hit 199, I'll set a new goal. And who knows, maybe that Tummy Tuck and breast reduction I'm thinking about will hand be an extra 10-20 pound gift!

Morning, PJ.

You didn't mention how much you had of each and how close together. It could be the combo of it all. I mean, there were food combos that didn't set well before we all had surgery, so why not now. I hated those Protein things and swore off them once I could get enough food protein down. They made me a bit nauseus. I wasn't given a specific number of ounces, but in general, they like no more than 4-6 ounces of anything at a time. Fluid will go through quickly, but remember that your entire stomach is swollen and irritated (it's a real restrictive time even without a fill) and everyone reacts differently. Drink very slowly, and experiment with what feels good. To tell you how different our doctors are, I was on liquid only (no purees) for three weeks. I know your doctor said you can move to purees tomorrow, but if you're not reacting well right now, maybe you should stick to Clear Liquids for a few more days. If you continue to be sick, you should phone the doctor.