Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

Hi all - Janet (Indio) is away so she sent us over to this thread, but I see many familiar names already. Guess I missed this thread.

Anyway, not too long ago she mentioned some "one pot wonders". They were recipes she created that can last a week. I looked for them but couldn't find them. I start solid food again this weekend and thought I would make one of them. Any ideas? Or, any other suggestions would be great. I'm hoping to make something on Sunday that will last the week for lunch at work. Kathy

Oh, dear!! She throws everything but the kitchen sink into those!! Start with some low fat protein.... lean hamburger, ground turkey, chicken, Beans, etc. I think she usually puts in some cabbage, onion, low carb veggies that you like. Trying to find one of her posts where she describes one, but no luck so far.

995v.gif

Hi everyone.

I'm having a problem for a while now and am wondering if anyone else has or has seen this.

On the lower part of my calves, I've had some discoloration over the past few years. Two doctors have seen it and told me it's pressure on my veins and lose weight.

Well, I'm losing weight and have it more. Of course, I'm walking more, etc as well, so there's still plenty of pressure on my lower legs. And it hurts a little and looks like bruises with bumps under them. I recently showed my legs to my radiologist when I was having a mammo (all good there, thank goodness) and he felt I might have less veins than others there, but that it wasn't serious (no, just ugly) and that as the weight keeps going down it may get better and eventually fade. He suggested trying to keep my feet up.

I'm going for my physical next week so I get to show my legs again. Someone told me this was not uncommon among obese people. I'm wondering if anyone else has had this or seen it. I know doctors have seen it when there was less of it, but it's preying on my hypochondriac brain.

Thanks

If I have a craving for a little sweet or something--I remember that if i ate it, it would be gone in 5 seconds. Sooooo---

I pretend that I have already eaten it and am finished! (crazy, but works for me!)

I just got back from the dr. and he said no fill for me--I lost 12 lbs last month and seem to be doing well.

I just have to keep plugging along! (I was talking to a man in the waiting room--he was going for bypass--and I was sharing about the band and he told me I was hot. I had to laugh because part of me was insulted AND most of me was thrilled!!)

I'm one of those people who will have to eat the sweet. But I fight it off as long as possible before giving in. sometimes I actually forget the craving. If it won't go away, I indulge in a mini bar. That's enough for me to satisfy the craving.

Elayne, I've solved the sleeping with a cpap mask dozens of times only to lose the threat again. When I'm able to sleep 4 or more hours with the mask, I have so much energy the next day, it's like I'm on drugs. Once, I slept 9 hours, 7hours and 8 hours with the hose in three nights and I honestly don't remember ever feeling that good. Now, due to a bad hip, I sleep sitting up in a recliner and don't have apneas, so the mask doesn't help. It was hard to get past in my mind. Imagine having a tool that will make you feel like superman, but not using it.

JB----at our age, if someone thinks we are hot be thrilled, not insulted!!! The only hot I am getting these days are from flashes! Enjoy......

JB----at our age, if someone thinks we are hot be thrilled, not insulted!!! The only hot I am getting these days are from flashes! Enjoy......

Hey Chick, I see you are in Webster, NY. I am originally from Rochester, West Irondequoit.

I actually met up with a fellow bander from Webster when I was in town back in June. small world.!!!!

Take the compliments, I think we should take the comments and smile. we all work hard to get where we are at and the compliments from others are well deserved

As for the comments on sweets. We all have the cravings I am sure. I have some hard candy in the house and then my lowfat ice cream bars. if needed I just frink a crystal light and it helps beat the sweet craving.

Hey Lynn,

It is a small world isn't it? I actually went to BK, was not a graduate from Webster, I actually grew up in East Irondequoit and then moved to Webster when I was a junior at BK. My daughter and her hub and my new grandbaby live in W. Irondequoit off Cooper Road. Nice area to raise a family. Were you a Kearney girl or did you go to the high school in W. Irond?

Carol

Thanks gals (and guys???)

This is a great collection of "solutions" to the craving problems.

I'm trying to start now so that there won't be as many habits to break all at once.

There's generally a pattern to what we eat and when (in addition to the emotional triggers)

Like - a big bowl of Cereal with 2% milk at bedtime.

Salty crunchies when my husband and I take a long drive

(not to mention the standard stop at an ice cream joint)

I'll try to envision a very very large and sloppily dressed man gobbling up a huge sub while walking around WalFart (er . . . WalMart).

I'm noticing a strange flux - especially the rising morning readings - in my glucose numbers.

Maybe that will speed up setting the date.

Just wondering if anyone here is having trouble getting their 64oz's. of fluids a day. My Dr. will allow Crystal light in 32 oz, but would like the other 32 to be plain Water. I just cant do it. I sip all day. I have to stop drinking 30 min before a mean, then wait another hour after I eat to start up again. We must take small sips, so any ideas would be apprciated. ITS HARD !!

Thanks all, for the kind words. Long, you have got to be so proud of yourself---50 pounds is fabulous!

Judy: congrats on being hot! I would love to get to that point someday!

Gwen: I get bumpy kind of rashes on my lower calves....it hasn't gone away, but my pcp says it probably will when I get to my goal. If it doesn't I will go to a dermatologist for it, but not until I get thin and healthy!

PJ: I am a teacher, so I have to go most of the day w/o a bathroom break. Even so, I drink 3 to 4 24oz. bottles of Water (sometimes with crystal lite or K20, sometimes plain) every school day. Whenever I get a chance to pee, I always do (teachers get really good at that). I know it is hard to get the Water in, but once you get in the habit, you get so thirsty if you don't drink all that, that you feel awful. Oh, and I drink another bottle or two at home later! I absolutely must slosh when I walk...LOL!

Nancy

I'm sure it will get easier as I go. Plus, I have to drink 2 of the 25 gram Protein bullets. Well...better go and start sipping !! thanks

Hi all:

I've noticed this topic doesn't get talked about all that much here and I'm thinking it's because there are countless forums dedicated to it. However I need to ask specifically regarding the lap band; I was wondering if anyone has gone through monopausal symtoms during the beginning of your banding journey? I am asking because I am turning 50 in March and missed my first period..(a good thing) But..I'm on a roller coaster ride....moods and appetite .I'm all over the place but managing to control some symptons with herbs, yoga exercise, antidepressants.

Just wondering though if I will not lose weight like I should or get too wacky not being able to eat like I do now (like I'm starved all the time or pregnanant or pmsing) being I am smack in the middle of all this hormonal turmoil. I know only I can answer this for myself but would truly appreciate any feedback regarding menopause and lap band weight loss. thank you in advance.

Hi all -

Janet (Indio) is away so she sent us over to this thread, but I see many familiar names already. Guess I missed this thread.

Anyway, not too long ago she mentioned some "one pot wonders". They were recipes she created that can last a week. I looked for them but couldn't find them. I start solid food again this weekend and thought I would make one of them. Any ideas? Or, any other suggestions would be great. I'm hoping to make something on Sunday that will last the week for lunch at work.

Kathy

I cooked a pot of navy Beans.....it was heavenly. Another thing....I ate Parmesan Crusted Fish with veggies by Lean Cuisine. It was awesome. It is all soft food.< img src="https://s.bariatricpal.com/uploads/emoticons/default_rolleyes.gif" alt=":rolleyes:" />