Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

Denise

Have a Happy 4th - and when you get back you gotta tell us about the new BF :tt1: I want hear all about him...

I have muscle in my legs & arms - but time has taken it's toll on my body - if I just had a tt, arms, boobs, thighs done I would probly lose 5-10 lbs.

Well I look damn good in clothes and long sleeve with a good bra :thumbup:

I have this vision of when I get to goal of having to tuck my boobs into my waistband. My tummy won't be bad I dont' think, but my butt will sag. I am planning on looking at the loose skin as battle scars from whence I came. :lol:

Hello Ladies,

As embarrassed as I am about my progress, I am posting because I am going to keep trying. I lost 15 lbs pre-op and 16 post banding mostly from just doing Protein shakes. Then I started normal foods and stayed under 1400 calories but not much exercising cause I have been recovering from a broken foot from Feb 08. I did go back to work and figured the extra activity would help tho I am still walking with a cane and limp. Had my first fill June 2nd which did not do too much for me-2cc's in a 10cc band but hey, its not suppose to do all the work....But not 1 more lb lost since May 23 (4 weeks post op).

Had a colonoscopy done a few weeks ago and figured maybe that would help me start losing again but no.

I finally weighed myself today on my own and I have gained 8 lbs. I go to the Drs on Mon July 7th for my 2nd fill and I have had serious doubts about going..... Thinking stupid thoughts like, oh well, this is not going to help me either....

BUT, I will go see him, as embarrassed as I will be. I told everyone and their mothers about me doing this so I have gotten quite a bit of "Hey, so how much have you lost now?" Errrrr, oh well... then I explain that the weight loss is not as fast as say gastric bypass.

Really hoping that my 2nd fill will help with some restriction but I know I have to up my activity too which has been very hard to do up till now.

I will continue to work at it and let you know. Thanks for listening.

Yvonne

Definitely keep that appointment for the fill. You don't have enough restriction at this point. You will do this!! But you have to work with it. And 1400 calories is too many, especially if you are not very active. You probably need to cut to 1000-1200 a day to lose. Keep on coming back here. You need the support, encouragement, pep talks, etc. that you will find here. It takes most of us at least 3 fills to get to good restriction. I've had 4 and I'm going in two weeks from now to ask for a little tweak. I want to be a little tighter. Can you get in to some regular exercise program?? This is a must.

Didn't you read my little story on another thread? I get a spam email from some company saying if I tried their face cream, they would give me a free membership to Match.com. I love the face cream and fell in love!

Will tell you more later, gotta leave for camping now!

Didn't you read my little story on another thread? I get a spam email from some company saying if I tried their face cream, they would give me a free membership to Match.com. I love the face cream and fell in love!

Will tell you more later, gotta leave for camping now!

No I remember the face cream free membership and Phyl helped you with a profile - so you met someone local - cool

Yep waiting for the details :thumbup:

Have fun camping...

I know what you mean. I am eating all of my favorites for the next week and then will probably start on Bariatric Advantage. How does it taste and what do you mix it with? I can't wait (LOL!!). I guess I need to change my attitude but it's really hard after all these years of bad habits. Well, let's keep in touch and offer support. That's what it's all about--knowing your not alone in this struggle. Take care.

I am looking forward to coming down to CO. I have a brother in Boulder and I was lucky to find an affordable surgeon in Denver. They are so much more expensive in Florida and I am self-pay so had to look for a bargain as well as an experienced surgeon. I have been to CO before and love it. Hope I'm not too sick to enjoy it. Thanks for the support.

Lynn the reason we gain the weight back isn't any programs failure but our failure to continue to follow the program - we go back to eating normal (which is what got us fat in the 1st place) That's why I say diets don''t work (well really WW says that:lol:) - In WW I learn that this was a lifetime lifestyle change in my eating - oh ya right what's that - so slowly but surely I quit logging my food - skip a day of exercise - have a piece of cake or and extra serving of something for dinner and slowly but surely all the pounds came back on plus some - it's wasn't that WW failed me or didn't work - it was that I quit doing the work - I didn't make it a lifetime lifestyle change - I totally get it now 20 something yrs later - major surgery and a foregin object in my body :thumbup: Call me a slow learner:wink2:

The band is no diff that the above example - even banded you can gain all your weight back and some if you quit doing the work

The band is the tool that helps me follow a lifetime lifestyle change in my eating habits. Please don't think that just cuz you are banded the weight can't come back on - cuz it can and will if you go back to your old habit and quit exercising

Hi all you banders over 50...I haven't checked in for awhile. I have had company and getting ready for my son's upcoming wedding. I am hoping to be under 200 by July 19th. I was 202 today so I think I am going to make it. I will have to bump up the exercise. I had my first fill on June 11th and have been doing pretty well. I have had a few pb's after trying to eat something I shouldn't. I find that I am now satisfied with much smaller portions and am concentrating on healthy foods. I did have a tiny cup of low fat frozen yogurt when my husband wanted to go to the Ben and Jerry ice cream shop for ice cream. He had a hugh portion of ice cream and I was happy with my little cup of yogurt. What a wonderful feeling that is. I still am afraid to have ice cream in my freezer because that is a real trigger food for me. I used to eat the whole half gallon in a day or two and then have to go buy another half gallon, eat some out of that so my husband wouldn't know that I polished off the first half gallon!!! That is insanity! I am just plugging along learning as I go and feeling really good about myself. My self esteem has improved greatly in all areas of my life. Well, Happy 4th of July to all. Best regards, Becky

8_14_9.gif

Becky - You will make your goal for your Son's wedding !!! Just keep doing what you are doing - it does work as long as you put in the work which you are doing. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK !!!

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb096&pp=ZKxdm005YYUS

I know what you mean. I am eating all of my favorites for the next week and then will probably start on Bariatric Advantage. How does it taste and what do you mix it with? I can't wait (LOL!!). I guess I need to change my attitude but it's really hard after all these years of bad habits. Well, let's keep in touch and offer support. That's what it's all about--knowing your not alone in this struggle. Take care.

I ate all my favorites then started on Bariatric Advantage two days ago. I like the chocolate. I use half cup of skim milk....half cup of cold water....and a little crushed ice. Put it in a blender and it makes a great milkshake. I bought a Majic Bullet today. It is great for the Protein Shakes. How many do you drink a day? My dr said to drink five.

Hi Everyone ! I'm a newbie here. My surgery date is Aug. 4th. I am so excited. Anxious to visit this site daily and get to know you. Good Luck to all and Congrats to those who have reached their goal. :biggrin2:

Just wanted to wish everyone a happy 4th!!! Getting ready for my guests to arrive for a BBQ. Of course, I am wearing my new SMALLER clothes!

PJ, WELCOME!!

PJ Welcome to the 50+ Gang - We are a great bunch and you aren't the only newbie - infact - Densie, Me, Phyl & Peaches are the only oldiest who are still posting. Congrats on your date - it's your new birthday !!!

Well, as I stated before - don't have any plans for today - my son & his family have moved away so it's just me & GS who 17 and doesn't have time for his grandma :thumbup:, plus after my vegas weekend last weekend I am looking forward to a little R&R - but so far I have been up since 6:30 coffee then to the gym 3.5 miles - incline varied but got up to 10 without holding on (per my trainer & I have read this before holding on you don't burn as many calories as your legs are not carrying your full weight - and yes it does make a diff) Home in the pool for a few laps to cool off and then found out I had a great NSV - I no longer float :mellow: last yr at this time I was bobbing in the pool like a beached whale - and this summer I sink :cool2: Loving it.. Funny how something so stupid as that can really make your day...

Been to the store for weekly shopping - home put all stuff up and now let's see it's 2:15 I am sitting down - so much for my R&R

Well think I will go watch a movie or read - will CBL :thumbup:

Remember - good food choices - and 3 bite rule :tt2: