Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

Merry Christmas!! Enjoy.

Made it through the day, Enjoyed myself with family and friends..Tomorrow maybe hitting the after holiday sales.. Time to shop for my daughter's birthdays..

Back on track with my food intake..unfortunately the celluitis has kept my leg swollen so any true weight loss is hard to figure out. I did lose 5# since just before Thanksgiving..

Wow, you poor thing. What causes Cellulitis anyways???:smile:

Happy New Year to all, made it through Christmas and have a dr's appt. on Wed., they will determine when my first adjustment will be. At little nervous for that but I will do this...this is for me!!

Wow, you poor thing. What causes Cellulitis anyways???:smile:

Cellulitis is an infection of the tissue. Mine was about 75% of my leg from ankle to back of my butt cheek. painful, and sore.. Better now, back to work full time next week. Still some discomfort if I am on my feet too long..So therefore I find myself sitting and resting with my leg elevated..Most likely from an infection in the incision from my thigh lift revision just before Thanksgiving. But nothing was every conclusive as to a decision as the cause

Got a couple of holiday lbs to shed but didn't do too badly. Survived all parties while drugged, dripping, and sneezing from a bad cold. Wanted to get a lot done and have some fun but time has flown while my nose's been blown, now its back on track, ther'll be no more slack. Hah. Better get off the internet or I'll waste even more time. God bless Nyquil.

Hi Janet-

Hi Phyl

Hi Lynn --

I see a few pages back that you got a 1cc to try to help w/hunger. Did it work? I haven't had a fill for a good 6 mos and I'm eating too much too -- but I often feel like there is tightness around my esophagus (rather than fullness in my stomach). I think my last fill was 7cc and I know that was enough at the time so I just thought that 7cc should be my limit. I see my MD on the 7th and I'm wondering if I should ask him to put some in or not. I hate to go too tight because I think that could be bad for my esophagus.

I'm still out here truckin' along. Haven't really lost more and haven't gained either. I relate to the "stress eating" comments -- but I can finally say things have blessedly calmed down some at work. Now it's a new year --- a new beginning.

I healed well from the BR surg and I have to say I feel and look much better after that.

Edited by Desdemona

Hi Janet-

Hi Phyl

Hi Lynn --

I see a few pages back that you got a 1cc to try to help w/hunger. Did it work? I haven't had a fill for a good 6 mos and I'm eating too much too -- but I often feel like there is tightness around my esophagus (rather than fullness in my stomach). I think my last fill was 7cc and I know that was enough at the time so I just thought that 7cc should be my limit. I see my MD on the 7th and I'm wondering if I should ask him to put some in or not. I hate to go too tight because I think that could be bad for my esophagus.

I'm still out here truckin' along. Haven't really lost more and haven't gained either. I relate to the "stress eating" comments -- but I can finally say things have blessedly calmed down some at work. Now it's a new year --- a new beginning.

I healed well from the BR surg and I have to say I feel and look much better after that.

Penny

I can relate - I get full but not satistfied - I haven't had a fill since 1/08 - for me I don't need one - I need a head fill and quit eating around my band..

I will be stomach full but still want to eat - and for me my band has never taken away my cravings - I still get hungry but it's normal to get hungry after 3 or 4 hours - but I know that I confuse craving w/hunger - I want that stuffed feeling all the time or I think I am hungry...

For me my problem lies in my brain - not my stomach - as I am truly at my sweet spot..

Happy New Years Day !!!!

I may be at my sweet spot now. I canceled an appt for 1/4/10 knowing I would not need any adjustments.

Can't really tell if I am losing anything right now. Still having issues with the cellulitis and leg swelling.

Happy New Year!!!!

Cellulitis is an infection of the tissue. Mine was about 75% of my leg from ankle to back of my butt cheek. painful, and sore.. Better now, back to work full time next week. Still some discomfort if I am on my feet too long..So therefore I find myself sitting and resting with my leg elevated..Most likely from an infection in the incision from my thigh lift revision just before Thanksgiving. But nothing was every conclusive as to a decision as the cause

Oh my gosh, that asounds aweful... i am glad that you are now on the mend.

So it starts with an infection?

Wow! I've heard of cellulitis but I don't know anything about it and didn't know that could happen. I'm sorry to hear it.

Janet--I think you're probably right. It does seem more like craving than hunger. I do feel hungry faster but it doesn't take much to make the hunger go away. I'm eating more food than I need. I went to a FINAL party tonight in Boston. Now I'm home and I intend to get back on track in the AM.

Kept gaining and losing the same 2 lbs throughout the holidays. Didn't eat much today, so I expect I'll have the last lb back off tomorrow. No guilt. Deliberate choice to enjoy my holiday food without going overboard. I'm absolutely thrilled with how well I did.

Had great holiday season. Back to work Monday morning. Back to reality. More stress actually but I've got the band, and structure always makes me do better with my food.

Now to bed. Got grandsons coming tomorrow and they're going to stay the night. Love it.

Cheri

Cravings vs. Hunger

I always want chocolate...but can usually manage those desires..

Even after almost 2 years post surgery I am still learning to work with my band. As we all are..

I think I lost 2-3 lbs over the holidays, or at least since my my last doctor's visit on 12/21. It was scheduled to be a fill but I'd been having slime & stuck food issues on only a .5cc fill, so the doc said we wouldn't fill then, especially just before the holidays. Worked for me - the stuck food thing was raw in my mind.

I have a friend who had bypass in early July and has lost almost 100lbs in 6 months. I envy the level of loss but am really happy I made the choice to be banded instead - I'm having time to adjust to a shrinking me at a reasonable pace. I guess I feel more normal.

Wow! I've heard of cellulitis but I don't know anything about it and didn't know that could happen. I'm sorry to hear it.

Janet--I think you're probably right. It does seem more like craving than hunger. I do feel hungry faster but it doesn't take much to make the hunger go away. I'm eating more food than I need. I went to a FINAL party tonight in Boston. Now I'm home and I intend to get back on track in the AM.

It's really hard for me to distinguish between craving and being full..

I will be physically full but want to eat - this is the hardest part for me .

I am done with the junk for a while - I am focusing on eating healthy - and I can eat healthy still have my sf treats and be satisfied - I really was pissed at myself for letting the devil sugar back into my life for 4 days - but that being said - I am back to being healthy and even with those 4 days of relapse - I did continue to exercise - so all in all not too bad..

But due to the fact that I am a food addict - I must be very mindful of how much sugar I eat -

I know Cheri feels in control now - and I did too my first 2 Christmases - but I am 2.5 yrs out and the honeymoon period is over for me - this is my life we are talking about and I can't let food take control of me again..

And it will tell you oh it's ok it's not going to hurt just one more - Well it does hurt when you have gained 3 lbs from eating too much - ya it will come off - but as we all know it's so easy to slip back into old eating habits..

Janet, can't really say I feel in control. It's more like I'm learning that beating myself up for enjoying my holidays instead of focusing on enjoying the food and the fun while they're there and choosing not feeling any guilt, actually helps me get back on track. I expected to go up and down over the holiday season and actually made it part of my food plan, so I wouldn't feel guilty. Guilting myself drives me into the food.

I know the disease is always lurking. But guilt is part of the disease, not part of recovery. So is all or nothing thinking. I know that rigidity also is a food trigger for me. Totally denying myself goodies during times when I'm surrounded by them makes me feel deprived and I eat more. So I worked on balance for the holidays and it paid off. I'm looking at the head hunger issues and guilt and feeling deprived are a huge trigger for me.

Cheri

Janet, can't really say I feel in control. It's more like I'm learning that beating myself up for enjoying my holidays instead of focusing on enjoying the food and the fun while they're there and choosing not feeling any guilt, actually helps me get back on track. I expected to go up and down over the holiday season and actually made it part of my food plan, so I wouldn't feel guilty. Guilting myself drives me into the food.

I know the disease is always lurking. But guilt is part of the disease, not part of recovery. So is all or nothing thinking. I know that rigidity also is a food trigger for me. Totally denying myself goodies during times when I'm surrounded by them makes me feel deprived and I eat more. So I worked on balance for the holidays and it paid off. I'm looking at the head hunger issues and guilt and feeling deprived are a huge trigger for me.

Cheri

Cheri

I do the same thing - I plan for treats - hell the I lost weight my 1st Xmas being banded and had treats - 2nd Christmas no problem either maintained..

This christmas - planned treats took over - yes they were planed for I even exercised more - but still ate way too much sugar..

I don't do guilt - never have - What I am talking about here is that those planed treats can get out of control.. I am talking about feeling too comfortable too - oh nothing happend bad for the last 2 christmas - it's not going to hurt..

You will find once you get to maintenance it's harder than losing the weight.. And the longer you are out the more compliance you can get - So just don't let your guard down cuz that old addiction will rear it's ugly head if you do..