Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

Greetings,

The surgery went well. I do feel much better now that I don't have the GB pain. He said I also had a pretty severe adhesion wrapped around my stomach and my port tubing that he removed. My stomach is sore and extremely swollen unlike when I had the band done. I have gained nearly 10lbs but I'm thinking that is the swollen abdomin and extra Fluid. So, I'm not to worried yet. I'm gonna give it a couple of weeks to sort itself out. Trying to figure out how much walking I should or can do at this point.

Joann: I didn't realize you were in Korea again. It is fun when you have a daughter you like to spend time with. My girls and I love to do things together or just spend time with each other talking. Enjoy your time there, it will come to a close all to soon.

Lynn: Not sure I could undergo all that surgery! I admire your courage.

Good morning I'm a newbie who is pre-op kind of struggling with food plan sick of eggs for breakfast any suggestions my appt with surgeon is Sept1

I've never been a big breakfast eater so I have a chocolate Protein Shake for breakfast. LOL. I get totally sick of eggs too. In fact, they can start to make me feel sick if I eat them first thing in the morning. I prefer to eat them for lunch. I like to mix milk in them and whip them into an omelette wit low-fat cheese.< /p>

Greetings,

The surgery went well. I do feel much better now that I don't have the GB pain. He said I also had a pretty severe adhesion wrapped around my stomach and my port tubing that he removed. My stomach is sore and extremely swollen unlike when I had the band done. I have gained nearly 10lbs but I'm thinking that is the swollen abdomin and extra Fluid. So, I'm not to worried yet. I'm gonna give it a couple of weeks to sort itself out. Trying to figure out how much walking I should or can do at this point.

Joann: I didn't realize you were in Korea again. It is fun when you have a daughter you like to spend time with. My girls and I love to do things together or just spend time with each other talking. Enjoy your time there, it will come to a close all to soon.

livin4Jesus, glad you're doing well. They do pump you full of fluids during surgery so you could very well be right about the Water. That's why people's faces always look so puffy after the surgery. Plus morphine and codeine and vicodan all kind of stop up your digestive system. It'll go away girlfriend.

Cheri

Hi all. I'm new here. Who knew there were so many of the over 50's. Thanx for being here.

Sheri

Edited by Little2be
duplication

Hi all. I'm new here. Who knew there were so many of the over 50's. Well, guess I"m one more.

I had my surgery July 29th. I had a defill on July 31/09 and a fill today. I really had to work at not eating anything and everything. No restriction at all.

I'm now hopeful the fill today will help with the challenges of hunger.

Well, guess I"m back to work on a binder I have to finish this week.

Thanx for being here.

Sheri

Hi all. I'm new here. Who knew there were so many of the over 50's. Well, guess I"m one more.

I had my surgery July 29th. I had a defill on July 31/09 and a fill today. I really had to work at not eating anything and everything. No restriction at all.

I'm now hopeful the fill today will help with the challenges of hunger.

Well, guess I"m back to work on a binder I have to finish this week.

Thanx for being here.

Sheri

Wow, I had to wait 6 weeks after surgery to get my first fill... now it may take another fill or two until you get proper restiction.. then you'll be on your way!!! :biggrin:

Greetings,

Glad you are doing well. I was back to work after a week with GB surgery. alot of gas, fluid, and meds add to the weight gain after surgery. My PS doc said not to weigh for a few weeks as the fluid build up would be high. Walking is always a good first exercise.

I went back to work for 4 hours today. at about hour 3 I was feeling the strain of sitting for that amount of time.Right now, home with my feet up relaxing..

Going through clothes to see what fits. Making piles of DNR clothes (Do Not Resuscitate)

Cheri

Cheri...........you look great!

Susan, I hope you are feeling better. GB surgery is not too bad, but take it slow on the eating. Of course, you have the band to remind you.

Hi all, really enjoyed finding this thread it is amazing how many in there 50's have the courage to go for this Lap band surgery. Well read part of the thread today will be back tomorrow to read more. Many successes on the journey!

Susan, glad the surgery is over. Wow, that was interesting about the port tubing. Nice that the doctor addressed that too. Take it easy and didn't the doc say anything about exercising or walking or anything? I forget to ask because I'm usually in lala land when I have any thing done, but then I remember later after it's all over.

Cheri, I like the DNR clothes. I have a pile that needs to be moved out of the house, just haven't got there yet.

Welcome all you new over 50's. I'm new too and just had my first fill. Interesting experience and I already know I'll be back for more next month.

Have a great night everyone.

Eva

Gang - Phyl is having her knee surgery this morning - please keep her in your prayers for a safe surgery & speedy recovery...

Hi friends, I know it has been a while since I checked in. I wanted to wait until I had some good news for a change. My husband got a job, and started last week. He is working at the Pentagon! The pay is about 2/3 of what he was making with Boeing, but it is enough to pay the mortgage, etc. His actual work hasn't started yet, as he is still going through the process of getting all of the security badges he needs, etc. I've been kind of holding my breath to see if he would come home relaxed and happy, or exhausted and depressed. So far, it's looking good. He has adjusted to taking Metro instead of driving. He only got on the wrong train once! He corrected himself the second time. ;-) And best yet, he said yesterday that it might even turn out to be a fun job. Which was what I have been praying for all these months, a job he would enjoy. A job he would come home happy about instead of frustrated and angry.

He was talking last night about how long to get completely vested, which will take most of three calendar years, but he was talking like it's very doable.

So. I'm finally starting to relax a little. There was another job he really wanted, which would have involved a small move. That interview was scheduled for a few days after this job offer arrived, but despite promising to get back to him in a day or so, they never got back to him at all, so he took this position. Which is why we weren't quite celebrating immediately. There were some mixed feelings involved.

He doesn't get his first paycheck for a few weeks, and of course we will be interested to see what size it actually is. That will relax me more, too.

Our son finally got to start his first real post college job a couple of weeks ago. He got his first half paycheck last week, and said it was really nice to be back in double digits, financially. He is anxious to start paying us back for the college loans we made to him, and for the work clothes he put on our credit card since he had nothing appropriate for that.

Now I really need to refocus on the weight loss effort. And on exercise.

I'll try to catch up on some of what I missed. :-)

Hugs,

Orea

oreo, great news about hubby's job.

cheri, I have been fortunate to be able to donate my "big" clothes to a women's shelter that helps those recently released from jail or just getting back in the workforce. they greatly appreciate any donation, but were extremely happy to get the bigger sizes. so glad to find them to make my donations.

Today was day 2 back to work for half days. Doing pretty good, but greatful I am only doing half days.

Still haven't gotten back on the scale since ps on 7/29. but am enjoying the looseness of my pants and shirts..waiting to buy anything new until swelling is gone and thigh revision is done.