Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

DH had gastric bypass yesterday and we are home today. He is doing great. Thanks for the prayers and concerns.

Woo HOO!! Glad everything went well! Did one of the Dr. Davis' do his surgery too? I am watching Big Medicine tonight in fact.

This will be a new beginning for him and for your connection. I know how much you care about DH's health. I wish you and him the best.

Got my first fill on Monday and have had two incidences of food getting stuck since then. Awful and scary! I was really in pain and felt like punching someone. Then, when it was over, it was over!

Any suggestions for this? Club soda helped a bit. :)

Woo HOO!! Glad everything went well! Did one of the Dr. Davis' do his surgery too? I am watching Big Medicine tonight in fact.

Yes, Dr. Garth Davis did his surgery. I just can't believe how well he is doing. Oh, today is my bandiversary........One year! Woohoo! I was talking to Dr Davis about my plateau and he said he has hired an excellent nutritionist. So, I may go a few times. He also set up online a place to keep a food diary.......one that the nutritionist will read. I am going to see how much. I do need some consultation. I wish Big Medicine was on here. I haven't seen it on TLC or Discovery health. Where are you watching it?

Yes, Dr. Garth Davis did his surgery. I just can't believe how well he is doing. Oh, today is my bandiversary........One year! Woohoo! I was talking to Dr Davis about my plateau and he said he has hired an excellent nutritionist. So, I may go a few times. He also set up online a place to keep a food diary.......one that the nutritionist will read. I am going to see how much. I do need some consultation. I wish Big Medicine was on here. I haven't seen it on TLC or Discovery health. Where are you watching it?

My DVR usually catches it when it is on as I have it set to record the series. The episode I have now recorded at midnight last night, but I did just notice it is set to record one in 10 min (7pm MDT) and they are usually TLC or Discovery. They are mostly repeats but I haven't seen them all and sometimes like to watch them over.

Got my first fill on Monday and have had two incidences of food getting stuck since then. Awful and scary! I was really in pain and felt like punching someone. Then, when it was over, it was over!

Club soda probably isn't your best solution, Jersey. My doctor and I know many others prohibit any carbonation so I'd be careful with that. A few things work for me--raising my hands above my head usually does the trick (I act like I'm stretching) and, if that doesn't work, I chew a few papaya enzyme tablets--they act like Drano for me. I've only had to do that a few times now that I know to chew, chew, chew (my dr. says your bites should be the size of m & m's) and to avoid certain foods.

I also often get a bad case of "first bite syndrome" so I try to eat a bite of something small before I sit down with people and then wait 15-20 minutes before attempting to eat. That usually does the trick for me.

Just a few suggestions--good luck!

DH had gastric bypass yesterday and we are home today. He is doing great. Thanks for the prayers and concerns.

So glad to hear everything went well with your DH!

And congratulations on your 1 year bandiversary! My 2nd is next Monday.

Hi jersey girl,by any chance did you go to Dr.Mehta? I am being banded next Tuesday.Were you in much pain? how long did you stay in hospital? Are you glad you did it?? I am a Jersey girl as well!

This will be a new beginning for him and for your connection. I know how much you care about DH's health. I wish you and him the best.

No club soda - no carbonation period.

Eat slowly chew very well and take small bite and stop when you are pouch full...

Most bping if from eating too fast and not chewing ...

No drinking it will make it worse -

Charlene

HAPPY BAND-ANNIVERSARY !!!!! 70 LBS WTG !!!

Charlene, Congrats on the 1 year!!!! Also on your DH doing so well. The best to both of you. It might help having someone living with you going through a similar process. My DH really doesn't understand. He doesn't eat sometimes.

I was told no carbonation too....that one actually scares me. I'm burping now like crazy, I can't even imagine what would happen if I drank bubbles. Maybe I'd float. LOL.

I have been doing pretty well during this thing, but this week I am really tired. Either I can't sleep and I get up for a couple of hours during the night or I sleep like a rock and still don't feel rested. I'm hoping this phase passes soon. I have stuff to do.

Yipee tomorrow is Friday.......

Have a great day everyone:laugh:

TGIF !!!

Been a long, hectic week. Lots of stress and that does not help the band. Eating smaller meals and taking more time to eat. Trying to get back to basics and get through the stress. Hard though when your staff is down from 4 people to 1 and I am that one!!!!

Next we is my pre-op meeting for my TT. Can't wait. Am tired of the 2 stomach rolls and the fat on my back. I am at a weight I am comfortable with so decided to go ahead.. Surgery is the 29th. wish me luck!

Congrats to allon their bandaversary. Feels great, doesn't it.

I called my doctor and he told me just to take a sip of club soda to try to "burp it out." Yesterday I was on yogurt, mostly. enjoyed the new Greek yogurt Oikos that is flavored with honey. It was good. Tried some tuna salad at lunch, but I guess I needed to chew that better, too. Started to feel that clenching senssation, so I stopped after two small spoonsful. Am learning to chew better. That stuck feeling is really, really terrible. I was frightened.

I will try raising my arms and walking around (hey, now there's a good look!) I want ths to work. I guess these are the lessons. Thanks for helping!

Sorry, no, HH! My doctors are Dr. Brolin and Dr. Chau in Plainsboro at NJ Bariatrics. A good setup. I have been satisfied with their team. Best wishes to you!

TGIF !!!

Been a long, hectic week. Lots of stress and that does not help the band. Eating smaller meals and taking more time to eat. Trying to get back to basics and get through the stress. Hard though when your staff is down from 4 people to 1 and I am that one!!!!

Next we is my pre-op meeting for my TT. Can't wait. Am tired of the 2 stomach rolls and the fat on my back. I am at a weight I am comfortable with so decided to go ahead.. Surgery is the 29th. wish me luck!

Congrats to allon their bandaversary. Feels great, doesn't it.

Prayers are going your way! How long is the recovery. Are you having the procedure where they cut you all the way around your waist or is it a TT and Lipo? I know when I get this weight off I want a TT. Of all the sags that bothers me the most.

Thanks peeps! Well, DH slept all night without snoring. I had to keep touching him because you know at our age,well, you know. We got up at 6am and walked. He is just walking a little to get the gas out. He only took one dose of Tylenol last night. I am just amazed at his recovery. I am ready to start a new year . I am excited to have a live in buddy on this journey. Of course I need my lap band buddies so I can vent and share. Again, Thanks for helping me through my first year of banding.:scared2: