Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

I need help!!!!

not sure if it is an issue or not.

I can eat a few bites and feel terrible pain. I went to dinner last night and ate 5 bites of fish. and bam.. felt miserable. This has been happening alot lately. I go to the DR on June 19. Should I be concerned? OR is it just the stress of my job that is getting to the band. It was a very nice dinner with my boyfriend, no stress at all...

Any input, ideas, help is welcome

Stress will make the band tighter. But if this is happening a lot then you might want to up your appointment date. Take care and keep us posted please.

I need help!!!!

not sure if it is an issue or not.

I can eat a few bites and feel terrible pain. I went to dinner last night and ate 5 bites of fish. and bam.. felt miserable. This has been happening alot lately. I go to the DR on June 19. Should I be concerned? OR is it just the stress of my job that is getting to the band. It was a very nice dinner with my boyfriend, no stress at all...

Any input, ideas, help is welcome

Lynn

What size were the bites (eraser size) did you chew well - and yes stress can make your band tighter - also they are very fickle - some days it seems like I can eat too much and think I need a tweak - then bam - I'm tight again...

What kind of fish ?? what did you have before the fish..

Lynn

What size were the bites (eraser size) did you chew well - and yes stress can make your band tighter - also they are very fickle - some days it seems like I can eat too much and think I need a tweak - then bam - I'm tight again...

What kind of fish ?? what did you have before the fish..

small bites,m aybe not eraser size. tuna and salmon, very moist, melted in m mouth, had a few veggies along with it

I sticking with liquids and soft food for the next few days.

small bites,m aybe not eraser size. tuna and salmon, very moist, melted in m mouth, had a few veggies along with it

I sticking with liquids and soft food for the next few days.

I have always had trouble with tuna. Frustrating because I am a seafood lover and tuna is one of my favorites. Even mixed with mayo it often gets me "stuck".

Lynn, I think if it was me I would check to see if I could get in to see the doctor a little sooner. If it's happening a lot and you are eating small bites and slowly, it is worrisome. It can't hurt to have it checked out, especially since you are scheduled to see him this month anyway. Explain the situation to the scheduler and see what they have to say...

I haven't checked in for a while - sorry about that. It's been a busy month of May, and just a little frustrating. My weight has been stuck (fortunately not my band...) all month. Since returning from Korea on May 8, I had not lost anything till Saturday, when I was finally down a pound (that is a pound lower than the 2 pounds I had been gaining and losing since May 8!). Yesterday I was down another 2 pounds. I started to track my food again, and I am averaging 900-1100 calories a day, exercising on the recumbant bike as I have been able to. My arthritis pain has been pretty awful during the last few weeks, right leg and foot have been swollen and the foot esp painful. As the pounds dropped Saturday and Sunday, I noticed the swelling has also gone down... interesting combination of events. I feel better about my food and Water intake since tracking it - I know I have been doing the right things. Now I just hope I continue to lose and get away from the yo-yo scale!

DD and her boys will be visiting soon - possibly will arrive this weekend. DSIL has a class to attend in the States for his new position - DD and boys will be here while he is in his class, then he will join us and take some leave before they return to Korea. She is excited to be home for a while and visiting with her KC friends (and us!). DSIL's parents live about 4 hours from here, so they will visit with them, too. The baby will be baptized while they are here, in the same church where his brother was baptized two years ago, before they moved to Korea. It's going to be a fun summer!

I'm so glad to have my band. This would be such a tough time without it. I will be cooking for more folks, entertaining large groups a couple of times - it is definitely a blessing to be able to cook and enjoy - and still know I have that tool to help me stop and think. I am scheduled for a small fill on Wednesday. I have ok restriction part of the time, but I think a tweak will help it to be more consistent.

and the other good thing? I'll be chasing a 2 year old again - the best exercise in the world!!

Lynn, I think if it was me I would check to see if I could get in to see the doctor a little sooner. If it's happening a lot and you are eating small bites and slowly, it is worrisome. It can't hurt to have it checked out, especially since you are scheduled to see him this month anyway. Explain the situation to the scheduler and see what they have to say...

I called my doctor today and spoke with the nurse. I go in tomorrow afternon. Better to check things out than wait another 3 weeks..

Today I had maybe 2 oz of salmon, and a little spring mix lettuce and was full, but did not feel that stuck, tightness I have recently. still sticking mainly with liquids, will wait and see what Doctor says tomorrow

So I went to the doctor today. She took out 1 cc from my 14cc AP band. I almost went into a panic, :wub: so afraid I'll start to overeat, but am determined to stick to it. She advised liquids for another day or so and slowly work back to solids. I go back on June 19.

She said with the episodes of PBing I had most likely swollen the opening of the pouch, making almost everything I eat get stuck. Even though I would have only liquids for at least a day after each incident.

So I will take my Protein in liquid, soft and regular foods over the next few weeks until I go back. Kind of like doing the pouch test....Maybe, I'll even begin to lose weight again.

So I went to the doctor today. She took out 1 cc from my 14cc AP band. I almost went into a panic, :wub: so afraid I'll start to overeat, but am determined to stick to it. She advised liquids for another day or so and slowly work back to solids. I go back on June 19.

She said with the episodes of PBing I had most likely swollen the opening of the pouch, making almost everything I eat get stuck. Even though I would have only liquids for at least a day after each incident.

So I will take my Protein in liquid, soft and regular foods over the next few weeks until I go back. Kind of like doing the pouch test....Maybe, I'll even begin to lose weight again.

I am so glad you went to the dr today. I hope this fixes your problems. Take care!

Lynn...hope the unfill and letting your stomach rest will do the trick for you. So difficult to get rid of that swelling sometimes and just need to baby it for awhile. Getting stuck with most meals is not normal. Hang in there!

Hi I am Randy, 52 and in Alabama. Before surgery I had high blood pressure, high cholesteral, joint pain, pre diabetic, bad knee. Basically just a wreck. I had my band inserted and a hernie repaires on Jan 22 09 and have had nothing but great success. I started at 54 BMI and now am at 32 BMi. I started at 340 pounds and now in just over 4 months weith 242. Thats and incredible 98 pounds for me and I have never before had success with diets. I am doing great and off all medicine. I hope for everyone to have the success that I am having. I have had no problems.

Wow Randy your stats are very close to mine, I am just the female version. Conrats on your sucess, how in the world have you lost that much so fast? Also, now that your weight is down how is your knee, that is my biggest worry, I have arthritis, bone on bone and a lot of pain..

Hi I am Randy, 52 and in Alabama. Before surgery I had high blood pressure, high cholesteral, joint pain, pre diabetic, bad knee. Basically just a wreck. I had my band inserted and a hernie repaires on Jan 22 09 and have had nothing but great success. I started at 54 BMI and now am at 32 BMi. I started at 340 pounds and now in just over 4 months weith 242. Thats and incredible 98 pounds for me and I have never before had success with diets. I am doing great and off all medicine. I hope for everyone to have the success that I am having. I have had no problems.

Congrats!! I had the band and hernia repairs last June (it will be one year on Friday) my blood tests are all normal, I am off b/p meds and down 125 lbs. Only thing is my knee is still not good, but better.

Wow Randy your stats are very close to mine, I am just the female version. Conrats on your sucess, how in the world have you lost that much so fast? Also, now that your weight is down how is your knee, that is my biggest worry, I have arthritis, bone on bone and a lot of pain..

Welcome! My big worry is my knee too, I am also bone on bone. Granted I was taking 8 to 10 Ibuprofens a day before surgery and had to give that up after. I find I don't need it so much anymore but the knee still hurts. Most of the time it is bearable, however I just got home from vacation and lots of walking and it was bad. I guess all the years of carrying all that weight have done their damage. I may be looking at knee replacement in the future, that is the only thing the dr. said would help as I was too far gone. BUt just don't want another surgery right now. Scary thing is, he said the right knee was 75% of the way of the left. So I have thoughts if I do the replacement of doing both at the same time.