Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

Hi Everyone,

Went shopping this morning. Had a wonderful time. It's been so long since I've been able to buy clothes in average type sizes. I bought a clasical pant and Jacket set with an extra pair of pants in a co-ordingating colour, a blouse, and a tank top to wear underneath it. The tops were a size 16 Australian and the pants a size 14 Australian. I wore the red and white pant and jacket set to my Grandaughters end of year school concert tonight and I don't mind saying that I looked good and I felt good too.

I still have 15 kilos = 33.1lbs to lose but I'll have to get walking to move it along. I've lost 33.1 kilos = 73lbs since June '08.

It is getting really hot over here now and I'm very partial to McDonalds frozen cokes. Naughty, smack, smack, smack!!!

Best wishes.

Edited by Katydid

Hi everyone, sounds like everyone here is doing really well. Long2BThin, congrats on your win AND the $$$$. Nothing as good as money for a prize.

I lost several pounds earlier fast and knew the next ones would be slow coming off. I really want to see the 170s, but they now feel like Ill get to them. Last two days I didnt walk outside, my main exercise, finally did a 2 mile walking tape last night, but think the outside walking works better. We are finally above freezing today, been thru freezing rain Monday and freezing fog (new one on me) and sleet and snow here in Dallas. Not walking hasnt helped, but at least the sidewalks wouldnt be slippery today, but have errands this afternoon.

I have a dressy cruise coming up on the QM2 and nothing to wear and dont know what size to buy for. I arrive in NYC for that trip in June. I have two local cruises between now and then to slow me down. A little cheapie 5 day coming up in January. Its only purpose being to go where its warm for a while lol.

I sure wish I knew what to do about clothes for the QM2 though. Afraid to start shopping now, and get the wrong size, and also thinking buying clothes that will probably only fit for that one cruise bothersome, because I wouldnt be to goal by then. The other part of me says go out and look for them bargains, and buy in a larger size, like a size 12 and by some chance Im a 10 by then, we can take a few darts in them. Im so torn what to do for that cruise because I live in tee shirts and jeans, dont have anything I can wear on a dressy cruise period.

Katydid - a frozen coke?? Is that really what I think it is? How is that sold? glass? bottle? cone? It sounds very different.

I don't know if they are related to Slurpees, but did you know Slurpees have carbonation? A word to the wise.

Hi Everyone,

Went shopping this morning. Had a wonderful time. It's been so long since I've been able to buy clothes in average type sizes. I bought a clasical pant and Jacket set with an extra pair of pants in a co-ordingating colour, a blouse, and a tank top to wear underneath it. The tops were a size 16 Australian and the pants a size 14 Australian. I wore the red and white pant and jacket set to my Grandaughters end of year school concert tonight and I don't mind saying that I looked good and I felt good too.

I still have 15 kilos = 33.1lbs to lose but I'll have to get walking to move it along. I've lost 33.1 kilos = 73lbs since June '08.

It is getting really hot over here now and I'm very partial to McDonalds frozen cokes. Naughty, smack, smack, smack!!!

Best wishes.

Kathy= we don't have them (frozen cokes) here in the States - the don't have diet :shades_smile:

Congrats on 73 lbs in 6 months that's FANTASTIC....

Hi everyone, sounds like everyone here is doing really well. Long2BThin, congrats on your win AND the $$$$. Nothing as good as money for a prize.

I lost several pounds earlier fast and knew the next ones would be slow coming off. I really want to see the 170s, but they now feel like Ill get to them. Last two days I didnt walk outside, my main exercise, finally did a 2 mile walking tape last night, but think the outside walking works better. We are finally above freezing today, been thru freezing rain Monday and freezing fog (new one on me) and sleet and snow here in Dallas. Not walking hasnt helped, but at least the sidewalks wouldnt be slippery today, but have errands this afternoon.

I have a dressy cruise coming up on the QM2 and nothing to wear and dont know what size to buy for. I arrive in NYC for that trip in June. I have two local cruises between now and then to slow me down. A little cheapie 5 day coming up in January. Its only purpose being to go where its warm for a while lol.

I sure wish I knew what to do about clothes for the QM2 though. Afraid to start shopping now, and get the wrong size, and also thinking buying clothes that will probably only fit for that one cruise bothersome, because I wouldnt be to goal by then. The other part of me says go out and look for them bargains, and buy in a larger size, like a size 12 and by some chance Im a 10 by then, we can take a few darts in them. Im so torn what to do for that cruise because I live in tee shirts and jeans, dont have anything I can wear on a dressy cruise period.

Flowers - I would wait and shop til April or 1st of May for your cruise in June - I found that like every 6 weeks I was going down a size - I am going on a cruise in March - I will need a few things cuz last summer I was a 6 - now a 4 but I won't go shopping till Feb or 1st of March

I don't know if they are related to Slurpees, but did you know Slurpees have carbonation? A word to the wise.

Orea

How can a frozen drink have carbonations - Was it sugar free :confused::lol:

I loved the frozen cokes when in Australia. Yes, carbonated. We have been over there a few times and was able to stay for a month at a time. I know I gained each time I was there and I attribute some of the gain to the frozen cokes. Had a couple a day. OMG...so good.

Katydid....STEP BACK AWAY FROM THE FROZEN COKES!!!!! LOL

Wow, you are all doing so well. I am now in a 1x top, and 2x bottom, down from 4x and 5x, but still so far to go. I stil have a whole person to lose. Today has started bad. I was hungry when I got up at 5:00 am and had my Protein Shake. But I am making two large pots of Chili for the Wounder Warriors who are here at BAMC. I HAD to taste it and have had more tastes than I should have and in a few hours I have to go to office Breakfast party for the Holiday. I haven't lost in several days which is a big change from my nine weeks of 41 pounds. I am worried this is when I usually get discouraged in dieting (although have never lost this much before or had this much to lose). Hope for some words from the wise ones heres. Dot

Banded 9/29/2008-3 fills, last 12/03/2008.

Wow, you are all doing so well. I am now in a 1x top, and 2x bottom, down from 4x and 5x, but still so far to go. I stil have a whole person to lose. Today has started bad. I was hungry when I got up at 5:00 am and had my Protein Shake. But I am making two large pots of Chili for the Wounder Warriors who are here at BAMC. I HAD to taste it and have had more tastes than I should have and in a few hours I have to go to office breakfast party for the Holiday. I haven't lost in several days which is a big change from my nine weeks of 41 pounds. I am worried this is when I usually get discouraged in dieting (although have never lost this much before or had this much to lose). Hope for some words from the wise ones heres. Dot

You are doing great!..........41lbs Woohoo!!!!!!!!.....and Props to you for helping the Wounded Warriors. I can't think of anyone better to serve at Christmas than our servicemen.:ohmy::thumbup::w00t:

Wow, you are all doing so well. I am now in a 1x top, and 2x bottom, down from 4x and 5x, but still so far to go. I stil have a whole person to lose. Today has started bad. I was hungry when I got up at 5:00 am and had my Protein Shake. But I am making two large pots of Chili for the Wounder Warriors who are here at BAMC. I HAD to taste it and have had more tastes than I should have and in a few hours I have to go to office breakfast party for the Holiday. I haven't lost in several days which is a big change from my nine weeks of 41 pounds. I am worried this is when I usually get discouraged in dieting (although have never lost this much before or had this much to lose). Hope for some words from the wise ones heres. Dot

Dot

You are doing fantastic :ohmy:- Please Please quit putting yourself down - I am a TRUE believer in posititive affirmations. Come on now read what you wrote - you were a 5-4x now a 1-2x and you did this in 3 months :w00t: 41 lbs gone in 3 months. :cursing: Give yourself the props that you deserve. :eek:

#1 secert to this whole banding issue - is this is NOT a diet - this really is that lifetime lifestyle changes that they always talk about in other programs - it's not that those programs failed us - we failed to understand that we must - have to - make a permanent change in the way we eat and deal with food. Our bands (God willing) is that permanent tool installed in us so that we do have some control over the amounts of food that we can it.. But as we all know - it's us who makes those food choices not the band.

IMHO weigh in only once a week - not daily - our weight flucuates too much.

At your breakfast party - stick with fruits - yogurts etc - stay away from the sweets if at all possible - and if you just have to have a taste then follow the 3 bite rule -

Props to you for helping our service men/women :bored:

Janet - on a personal level the temporary visitation issues for my grandson was today. Not as bad a it could have been., Dad only has 19 hours per week with him.. no overnight.. thankful for that.

Still a strain on all of us with my daughter's crazy work schedule, but no problem.. we will survive. Now we have to look forward for a custody hearing.. but that can be quite a few months out.

Thanks so much for your supportive words

NSV - went shopping at Talbot's, and was able to buy a few things. feels great to wear a L-XL in a top and size 12 pants :ohmy:

Still cannot get a picture of me I like to post here. but have found several from before surgery - Yikes. I never thought I looked that big.

Janet - on a personal level the temporary visitation issues for my grandson was today. Not as bad a it could have been., Dad only has 19 hours per week with him.. no overnight.. thankful for that.

Still a strain on all of us with my daughter's crazy work schedule, but no problem.. we will survive. Now we have to look forward for a custody hearing.. but that can be quite a few months out.

NSV - went shopping at Talbot's, and was able to buy a few things. feels great to wear a L-XL in a top and size 12 pants :ohmy:

Still cannot get a picture of me I like to post here. but have found several from before surgery - Yikes. I never thought I looked that big.[/qu

Lynn, Sweetie! Get that new outfit on and get your picture taken! We want to see how gorgeous you are!

Congrats on the new smaller sizes. You are doing great...

NSV - went shopping at Talbot's, and was able to buy a few things. feels great to wear a L-XL in a top and size 12 pants :huh2:

Still cannot get a picture of me I like to post here. but have found several from before surgery - Yikes. I never thought I looked that big.

Lynn - Congrats on the L tops & 12 pants - Fantastic... and know that those number will continue to decrease... When I to to a 12 I thought that was it - well it's not - it will just keep getting better..

Ya we all were in denial about how big we were - that's why I like to say now that my outsides now match how I thought I looked in my head:tongue:

19 hrs - what a weird # - glad to hear that it worked out in the most part to your benefit

We have had a tough week at our house. Since early in the week, our little Abbie has been getting worse, suffering from the cancer that was discovered last month. We had hoped the disease would slow a bit, but Dr. Gary thought it had begun to attack her bones. She was obviously in pain, could not eat - in all she was a very sick little dog. We took her to see Dr. Gary yesterday and the news was so bad - we decided to let her go. I have been taking this really hard. We have been a sheltie family for many years (Abbie was our 4th sheltie) - they have raised our kids, played with our grandkids, been our loving companions and friends - and at this point the only kids left at home. It is very hard to lose this precious little friend. We do have Jack - 5th sheltie - who is now 2yrs old, and has been searching the house all day for his little buddy.

I am attaching a picture of Abbie taken two years ago. Its one of my favorites.

post-231390-13813137952516_thumb.jpg

Ahh, JoAnn, so sorry for your loss. the past 2 Christmas seasons we have had to have a dog put to sleep. WE had 2 rotties. Two years ago the older one's hips went out, she couldn't walk and drug her paws to the point of bleeding. Then last Christmas the younger rottie went into violet seizures, turns out she had a brain tumor. It was so hard to lose them both so close together and both at the holidays.

We have had a tough week at our house. Since early in the week, our little Abbie has been getting worse, suffering from the cancer that was discovered last month. We had hoped the disease would slow a bit, but Dr. Gary thought it had begun to attack her bones. She was obviously in pain, could not eat - in all she was a very sick little dog. We took her to see Dr. Gary yesterday and the news was so bad - we decided to let her go. I have been taking this really hard. We have been a sheltie family for many years (Abbie was our 4th sheltie) - they have raised our kids, played with our grandkids, been our loving companions and friends - and at this point the only kids left at home. It is very hard to lose this precious little friend. We do have Jack - 5th sheltie - who is now 2yrs old, and has been searching the house all day for his little buddy.

I am attaching a picture of Abbie taken two years ago. Its one of my favorites.

Oh JoAnne...I am so sorry for your loss. There's nothing that I can say that will make you feel better. Just remember Abbie and how much she gave to your family. I am sure you were the best mother EVER to her. Take care of yourself. Sending love your way.:huh2: