Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Say No To Carbs 2 Day Challenge...come Join Me

Welcome Becca, google Atkins induction and you should be able to find it. You can probably do a search on this site and find it as well. I know I have posted it at least once. I recently deleted it from my computer, but if you can't find it then let me know and I will find it for you.

You can pick up a book fairly cheaply that will tell you how many carbs are in foods. Basically, to go low carb you have to eat Protein and veggies. You can find it all online too. I have done Atkins since the

70's so I know how many carbs I can eat and still lose and which foods are pretty low in carbs.

Good morning ladies! I woke up this morning excited to get started doing this. I know low carb works and I am ready to get the scale moving! Prior to being banded, the only weight loss plan that ever was very successful for me was Atkins. I just wish I could stick to it long term. But 2 weeks should help me lose a few pounds and kick the cravings! I am glad you decided to do it again cause it will keep me on track having people to do it with!

Renee

Good morning all!! I am fixing to drink my Atkins Caramel Latte shake. I am ready to kick these cravings too. Mamato, you are right, it does hlep to have others to do it with. Let's have a great day everyone!!

Good Morning Everyone.

I think Im gonna join you guys on this one.My first big goal is gettin closer and closer and I want it bad.So Im gonna bust my but to get it!!.

Starting off with a Matrix shake with Water.

Good Luck everyone.

I haven't checked into the lap band forum for a while. I was banded on 12/26/07. I lost 20 pounds and haven't lost anything since. I have been extremely discouraged lately. I've had a fill and if I eat mostly Protein I do feel full. I know the problem is me. My big issue is sugar/carb cravings, I was actually thinking myself about doing the low carb shakes to kind of detox and then go to Atkins myself. I did lose weight low carbing it before the band too. It is next to impossible to stick to for me before though. Maybe after being banded and after detoxing it will be easier. I'll give it a try too!

Welcome Chanteltcc!

Today has been really good for me. I'm proud to say I stuck to it, looking forward to tomorrow! I wasn't able to eat a whole lot of meat because of my recent fill but I did stay pretty satisfied today.

How did everyone else do?

I am having a Protein Shake for dinner. I am so not into cooking. I had a

Protein Bar for lunch and some string cheese for a snack.< /p>

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh this is hard!!!!!!! I'm STARVING :sad:

Hey becca! Sorry you are having a hard time with it. When I am doing low carb, I try to keep LC Protein Shakes on hand. At night, I tend to get hungry, so I'll have a LC Protein Shake and it usually holds me until morning. Hope it gets better for you!

Ok, not to be a downer. I started this whole thing and I totally blew it today. We were out ALL day and night and I didn't do well at all. I have got to get my head in this. Tommorow is a new day!!!!! (Well, I guess today is a new day since it's 1 in the morning.)

Well my first day went really well. My eating was right on target but I didn't have a chance to exercise :sad: I have a question for you all though. When you count the carbs, do you count total carbs or net carbs? Like the slimfast low carb chocolate has 6 total carbs but onlly 2 net. Either way, I stayed under 20 yesterday, but I was just wondering.

Let's have another good day today.

Renewedhope - you can do it... today will be better. I admired your ability to do this in the past, so I know you are good at it!