Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Exercise Challenge

So I got in another workout last night. Didn't get in the two that I wanted to, but I did find that one of the workouts on the Biggest Loser DVD will allow me to workout in the mornings before work and NOT wake up the entire building. So now I can workout 2x per day even during the work week. That will make my life easier. I am really starting to like working out. I feel bad and kind of ucky if I don't.

Good Morning wonderful workout buddies!

Glad to see several more people joining us this month!!!

I just returned from workout #6 -- only 24 more to go!:faint:

Have a great day everyone!!!

kaos-not-tagged-smiley-4709.gifCrazy Ates JANUARY Exercise Challenge kaos-not-tagged-smiley-4829.gif

6/30 Exercise Sessions

weight.png

Banded 8/07/07 Dr. Miguel Zapata, Monterrey Mexico

Okay, I managed 30 minutes on the treadmill and my belly dance class last night. My heel is a little cranky today but I'll still make it to the club tonight. It really helps having my niece in town to work out with! I'll be bummed when she heads off to her new career (and happy for her too, of course)>

Wahooo! One more session with the DVD tonight. It is so fun watching myself get better. So far I have had to stop at least once to catch my breath, but not tonight!!!!!!!! I got through the entire thing, I can't do as many as they do on the video or with the intensity but I can actually see and feel myself getting better. That is a GREAT motivator to keep going. I bought a yoga video that I am going to try tomorrow. It is actually fun to try new things. This is something that is very new to me. I have gone to gyms several times but I never could see myself getting any better and obviously saw very few results when it came to losing weight. But now I see both. I now I am preaching to the choir on this thread, but maybe there are few lurkers that we are inspiring.

Keep up the good work everyone!

Stopped by the gym last night after getting off the train and did 33 minutes on the elliptical. The nighttime workouts are my biggest challenge becuase it's so easy to blow them off with so many excuses after a long day at work.

Crazy Ates January Exercise Challenge

3 / 13 Exercise Sessions

I had my first serious weight-lifting workout with the new trainer this evening.

I like him!!! He seems to understand that I want to be worked hard and he did not disappoint. He was tough and stern and gave me an extremely challenging workout -- which is exactly what I wanted and needed.

He ended the session by ordering me to do 300 hundred crunches. I only made it to a hundred, but was completely shocked that I was able to do that many!

One thing I learned tonight is that I have absolutely no upper body strength whatsoever.........

Well, it can only get better from here -- right?

kaos-not-tagged-smiley-4709.gifCrazy Ates JANUARY Exercise Challenge kaos-not-tagged-smiley-4829.gif

7/30 Exercise Sessions

weight.png

I'm impressed with the intense workouts ya'll are all doing. Isn't it fabulous to actually be enjoying exercise? Keep it up and we will all be strong, fit, active, and thin! I just love the idea of being a part of that crowd. I'm feeling better about myself everyday and hope you all are too because we are doing great.

I walked for 40 minutes today.

kaos-not-tagged-smiley-4829.gifCrazy Ates JANUARY Exercise Challenge kaos-not-tagged-smiley-4829.gif

4/20 Days of Exercise

Well there is going to be no exercise for me tonight. I just don't have the energy. First of all, this liquid food thing is kicking my butt. I didn't do much exercise when I was on liquids after surgery because no matter how many calories I consume, it just doesn't seem to give me much energy. I didn't consume many calories today (~600) and only about ~550 yesterday so I am working on FEW calories. Then staying up to watch the biggest loser last night didn't do me any good either. I get up at 4:45 am, so going to bed at 10 isn't the wisest choice on my part. Well I am off to bed. I will dream about exercise...does that count???

I'm impressed with the intense workouts ya'll are all doing. Isn't it fabulous to actually be enjoying exercise? Keep it up and we will all be strong, fit, active, and thin! I just love the idea of being a part of that crowd. I'm feeling better about myself everyday and hope you all are too because we are doing great.

Good Morning Everyone!

Becky, I agree with you -- it is fabulous, and thank you for the uplifting post!!!

Salsa, you have been working out very hard and doing wonderfully, but it might be time to ease up a bit and give your body a little rest. I often find that when I give myself a little break, I come back even stronger.

I got a nice workout in this morning, but I was a bit fatigued -- probably from the weightlifting last night. Tonight I think I will go to bed early and get a good night's sleep.

Have a great day everyone!

8/30 Exercise Sessions

weight.png

Found some new walking parks yesterday and today. Nice trails with scenery. Much better than walking along the highway..LOL

Got 2 more days in, with 4 miles yesterday and 5.1 in this morning. Boy was it dark when I started. Going into the gym room for a while today also

Hi everyone,

today makes 3 walks for me. Nice weather here. I actually did my 3 mile up hill...boy am I sore!!

Hi everyone,

today makes 3 walks for me. Nice weather here. I actually did my 3 mile up hill...boy am I sore!!

Jody, Send me some hills please. I am tired of this flat boring land down here. Today I'm going to the bridge to walk. Its closed to traffic since the new one opened and I am going to see how long the walk really is. Plus the scenery over the bay will be nice

No official workout for me yesterday, but I did take the pooch out for a good walk at the dog park.