Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Exercise Challenge

Heaing out now for some more walking. Lets see if doing the weight training before walking works. Gotta change it up a little to keep from getting bored.

PS For us in Florida, this 36 degree weather is cold..BRRRRRRR

For us in Florida, this 36 degree weather is cold..BRRRRRRR

Okay Dave, I have to agree with you there -- 36 degrees is cold, and especially for Florida. You have finally earned a little sympathy..........

I got another workout session in today, and Jody (LadyBugRed) I am borrowing your exercise icon for the rest of this month because I think it is adorable!!!

Have a great evening everyone!

kaos-not-tagged-smiley-4709.gifCrazy Ates JANUARY Exercise Challenge kaos-not-tagged-smiley-4829.gif

3/30 Exercise Sessions

weight.png

Banded 8/07/07 Dr. Miguel Zapata, Monterrey Mexico

Dave I saw news reports on freezing weather and Florida and thought of you out there walking. I don't like walking outside anyways and where I live it rarely gets above freezing during the winter months, so I REFUSE to do it.

Got in another workout with Bob and the folks with the Biggest Loser. I am getting much better with that video. I didn't get in the second workout, but I will tomorrow. My BF is pretty sick right now and I am thinking that I am starting to come down with it myself. I took a nap for the first time in a LONG time. Before surgery I took a nap everyday. Now they are pretty rare. I guess that is a good NSV!

Everyone is doing great. Keep up the good work.

I'm back, well rested, and ready to get serious about my exercise again. You all have done an amazing job of staying with your programs through the holidays and even stepping it up. It motivates me. My exercise class starts on Jan. 14 and I'm really looking forward to introducing some variety. Meanwhile, I'll be walking. Today I got in 40 minutes.

kaos-not-tagged-smiley-4829.gifCrazy Ates JANUARY Exercise Challenge kaos-not-tagged-smiley-4829.gif

1/20 Days of Exercise

user_offline.gif

Two more workouts in today. It was tough getting them in with my football today but I got them in anyways. DVD is getting much easier. Still not easy, just easier.

Warm weather is back, so its time for shorts again. 2 more walking days done. I think i.m ready to start some slow jogging now. Gonna go to the bike trail today and give it a try

It is a beautiful day for those who are working outside! I took two classes today 1 pilates and 1 aerobics. 2 more sesions down! If you are in the NE enjoy the next few days of nice weather!

Valstar, great job! Pilates and aerobics on the same day is intense!

I just returned from session #4.

Have a great evening everyone!

kaos-not-tagged-smiley-4709.gifCrazy Ates JANUARY Exercise Challenge kaos-not-tagged-smiley-4829.gif

4/30 Exercise Sessions

weight.png

I walked for an hour this morning. Beautiful weather here too. I think it hit 80 today.

kaos-not-tagged-smiley-4829.gifCrazy Ates JANUARY Exercise Challenge kaos-not-tagged-smiley-4829.gif

2/20 Days of Exercise

Good Morning!

Just returned from workout #5.

Dave and Becky, glad to hear that it has warmed up again in your part of the world.

Have a great day everyone!

5/30 Exercise Sessions

weight.png

Another day of walking done. 3.4 miles in the nice morning air. Gonna hit the home gym later today for some weight training and ab workout.

I got in two hours on Sunday. I knew I wasn't going to be able to work out on Friday this week, so I meant to go Thursday night after work. But we were still in that freezing spell, so a copped out and felt guilty about it afterwards.

(Since I'm new to this, is the second number supposed to be your exercise sessions goal ?)

Crazy Ates January Exercise Challenge

2 / 13 Exercise Sessions

Hi guys!

Since I've already joined and started going to the gym, I figure it would be good to be accountable to someone! Here's my gameplan:

- Gym for cardio and weights 3-4 times a week (4-5 on high end). This includes 20-30 minutes cardio and either upper or lower body resistance training

- belly dance class Monday nights (90 minutes total)

- walking at the dog park Sat/Sun mornings (2-3 laps minimum)

It was a real eye-opener for me rejoining the gym after 2 years. On the positive side, those 60+ lbs lost really made a difference in my energy level! On the negative side, I'm definitely weaker and if the caliper test is anywhere near accurate, I've lost a lot of muscle mass. But, you KNOW I'll be turning that around!

Counting Sunday as the start of the week, I've got 1 workout done for the week and 1 dog park trip. Tonight, I'll try to squeeze in some time at the gym before dance class (if I can make enough time, including dinner and walking the pooch).

My insurance kicks back $20 of my membership fees if I get in 12 workouts a week, which is a great incentive!

Keep up the great work everyone! You're an inspiration!

Gometros, yep the second number is our target goal for the month. Welcome to the challenge. Its a great way to track your exercise and get feedback.

50 minute walk today for me. Welcome to the new exercisers. Ya'll are off to a great start and this is a wonderful place for accountability, support, and inspiration.

3/20 Days of Exercise