Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Exercise Challenge

Dave -- what is this I see on your weight loss ticker? 102 pounds lost?

WOW!!!! Congratulations!!!! :rolleyes:

I am looking forward to that day -- even though it is a ways off yet.

It has been raining on and off all day long, but I finally managed to get a workout in.

Have a great evening everyone!

kaos-not-tagged-smiley-4709.gifCrazy Ates JANUARY Exercise Challenge kaos-not-tagged-smiley-4829.gif

9/30 Exercise Sessions

weight.png

Banded 8/07/07 Dr. Miguel Zapata, Monterrey Mexico

Frangipani, Thanks. I went over the 100 lb mark a few days ago and have been hitting it extra hard to make sure it stayed there.

The bridge was awesome to walk on. 2 miles each way, so I did it 4 times for 8 miles total. Plus the scenery was great.

Frangipani, Thanks. I went over the 100 lb mark a few days ago and have been hitting it extra hard to make sure it stayed there.

The bridge was awesome to walk on. 2 miles each way, so I did it 4 times for 8 miles total. Plus the scenery was great.

HOLY CRAP! Dave you are walking machine! I wish I had the time to do walks that long. I wish the weather was warm enough that I could do walks that long! We were on a 2 hour school delay today so I got my workout in this morning. It was 12 degrees outside with a windchill factor bringing it down to 2 degrees. :rolleyes: No way I am walking it that weather. Uh uh. NO WAY.

BRRRRRRR. I would be staying inside too. It was 78 here today so I got to work up a pretty good sweat. And a little sunburn too.

Dave, you must be feeling like a million bucks. How far were you able to walk when you first started? Eight miles is awesome and so is your weight loss. Congrats on breaking 100. I hope I can get there in a couple more months.

I only walked for about 30 minutes today. I was having a little trouble with my left knee and decided I better cut it short.

Crazy Ates JANUARY Exercise Challenge kaos-not-tagged-smiley-4829.gif

6/20 days of exercise

Dave, you must be feeling like a million bucks. How far were you able to walk when you first started? Eight miles is awesome and so is your weight loss. Congrats on breaking 100. I hope I can get there in a couple more months.

Becky, I started walking around my neighborhood, for about 20 minutes at a time. Then I kept adding time or distance to get where I am now. A cheap Walmart pedometer really helps me keep track. I am going bak in the morning for round 2

DAVE, YOU ARE AWESOME! 102lbs - cost - a lot of sacrifice and determination, 8 miles - cost of sneakers and a pedometer, the scene from the bridge and the feeling of accomplishment - priceless!

Val

DAVE, YOU ARE AWESOME! 102lbs - cost - a lot of sacrifice and determination, 8 miles - cost of sneakers and a pedometer, the scene from the bridge and the feeling of accomplishment - priceless!

Val

LOL...Thanks, going out again in a few minutes. Gotta beat the rain that is forecasted for today.

Here is the new place to walk Friendship Trail Bridge - Tampa Bay

Back from the walking. It was pretty crowded today. Backed down to 6 miles though because I didnt want to be too sore to go tomorrow. Got a new walking partner that I met and she goes out there every morning, so that will make it nicer.;):smile:

Back from the walking. It was pretty crowded today. Backed down to 6 miles though because I didnt want to be too sore to go tomorrow. Got a new walking partner that I met and she goes out there every morning, so that will make it nicer.;):smile:

Hey Dave,

Congrats on the new "walking partner," sounds promising! Keep us posted! Love and romance is always a good thing to spice up a sweaty, gritty, exercise thread........

WOW! Did I ever have a fun workout today!!!!

A friend of mine told me about a secluded beach that I could hike to, and today I set out to find it. With a few wrong turns along the way, I finally found it. The entire hike was a strenuous 2 hours round-trip, but it had gorgeous views the entire way and the beach was absolutely magnificent!

I just got home and am really worn out, but I am SO glad that I did this hike today -- it was completely awesome!!!!

Have a great night everyone!

kaos-not-tagged-smiley-4709.gifCrazy Ates JANUARY Exercise Challenge kaos-not-tagged-smiley-4829.gif

10/30 Exercise Sessions

weight.png

Well the Friendship Bridge and the hike to the beach are making my walk around the local park trail seem pretty boring. I know there are some great places to walk in my area too; I just need to seek them out and Dave and Frangi have inspired me to do just that. My exercise class starts Monday and I'm excited about that too. January seems to be going pretty good for everybody. Keep it up!

My knee was feeling fine today so I got in my usual 40 minute walk.

kaos-not-tagged-smiley-4829.gifCrazy Ates JANUARY Exercise Challenge

7/20 days of exercise

Went to the gym after work Friday afternoon. I have to remember to have some Protein before working out. I felt so lethargic. Did my 30 minutes on the treadmill, but only 16 minutes on the elliptical.

Crazy Ates January Exercise Challenge

4 / 13 Exercise Sessions

Got a workout in this morning. Goal for the rest of the day is 300 situps and 100 pushups during football games. Then tonight do the scultping part of the Biggest Loser DVD. I haven't gotten in as many sessions as I wanted to by now so I am going to have to ramp it up today.

Well, I had so much fun on my hike yesterday, that I decided to find another hike to another beach and do it again today. This time I left earlier and I went out for 2.5 hours.

It will probably be next weekend before I can find the time to do this sort of thing again, but it was a lot of fun!

Have a great Sunday evening everyone!

11/30 Exercise Sessions

weight.png

Got my situps and pushups in and just finished my sculpting section of the DVD. 3 workouts in 1 day. Hopefully I can get out of bed tomorrow!