Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch to 5K Anyone want to start with me ?

WTG Niki!!!! That is fabulous and you really have the speed going too!!

I love this program!!!! Jeez - if it can get my dead butt off the couch and jogging, then it has to be good!

Update: I am still working on speed. I did my 30 min today at 4.5 the entire 29 min and 6.0 for the last min. There's just no way I'm going to get in 3miles in 30 minutes. I don't think it's possible for me to run 6.0 for 30 min. Maybe I should work on just adding time?

Thank wombat for the encouragement! I just did my second day of it and it was not much easier. How am I ever going to make it next week? Either way, I feel soooo good! It it such an amazing feeling when my time is up and I look at what I have just did! I can only hope that I will do as well as you in this program

congrats nikki - it actually does get easier, but that ramp time is a KILLER!!!

wombat - i'm not so much running the full 5k; as i'm still in "boot camp" & my trainer has me run 2miles in our sessions each time & i'll be honest...i really don't run any other days than the 2 that i meet w/him. i need a break & have been switching between the bike or elliptical, something not as hard impacting on the bones.

hope everyone is doing well!!

OK PEOPLE What's happened to everyone ???

Where have you all gone !!! Im starting over !!! Anyone want to join me ?

I know stranger is she's on day 3 !!! But since im a LOSER and never finished the first time anyone want to join me ? I can start a new thread ???

WHO"S WITH ME COME ON I NEED TO MOVE MY A$$ its GETTING SAGGY !!!

Mindy

OMG Your so AWESOME . A friend was telling me about the Green Bay triathalon . Is that the one that ends up in Lambeau field ??

I think im going to go ahead and start a new thread to get some newbies if that's ok with everyone ??

Mindy

still around mindy - just turned a different corner w/working out; doing more weight training with a cardio mix up of running / spin / or elliptical.

i start next wkend a over 40 mens' soccer team & signed up for a doubles tennis tourney that picks up in june. i realized i'm not a FT runner - i just get too bored & have always enjoyed team sports....hopefully a million squats have prepared me:)

new thread or not; here to support.....this C5 program got my A&& motivated and in gear to get serious about exercise -- i am more than appreciative......

Well since i got pnemonia in Feb I have done NOTHING !

I have just not been motivated. I need to move. im 30 pds from goal and I would like to get there by July But im not going to at this rate. Plus My inner thighs are starting to get flabby . I just need to move.

So im going to start the new thread , since i was the one that start this to begin with and see if I can get energized !!!

Mindy

I went as far as week 7, then my grandmother died and I stayed out of the gym for 2 weeks. When I went back, Iwasn't motivated to keep going...so like lulac, I've started doing the elliptical for 30 minutes again and running in the pool for 30 or 40 min...I've also picked up a personal trainer (2x/wk for 30 min)

I really need to join the gym but cant afford it right now so I am going to work on what i have at home. I have a few DVD's , Just gotta get moving again !

Mindy

I'm here too :thumbup:

Still jogging!! And, trying to do some other stuff too! I really enjoy jogging now (who EVER thought I would say that?!?!)

Hi Everyone!

I just started the Couch to 5 K program this week and am headed out to the local high school track to do session two of week one right now.

I must admit, I pretty much hate running at this point, but I won't give it up until/unless I give it a fair chance. Hopefully, I will learn to enjoy it as many of you seem to have done.

Talk to you all again soon -- have a great evening!

:smile::smile::smile:

Yep, Mindy, I DID start again! I did that whole thing, totally quit, and exactly 2 months later, I'm starting again.

Except this time, it's hot as PI$$ outside and VERY hard! I'm running with a friend of mine at work on Austin's Town Lake Trail...it's way hillier than when I run in my neighborhood!

But, just like last time, I'm going to do what the man on the podcast tells me to and not quit!!!

I am amazed that so many have this pod cast. I actually started it this week and got through the first day, ok took a day off, and went to go walk/jog yesterday and my shins were killing me!!!:Dancing_wub:

This is not a new thing... if I get to over zelous I get my shins to hurting and then spend the rest of my hour walking out the shin pain, at a slower pace then normal and do not get as much accomplished.

It is completely frustrating because I can last the hour and be able to talk while I am walking and jogging I just can not handle the shin pain.

This is what always gets me frustrated and out of my groove...

I actually use the ipod and nike+ and I have a better pace and burn more claories if I just walk and pay close attention to my pace starting slow and staying steady as I increase it...

Anyone know what I can do to get my shins to catch up with my progress???

Or what I can do different to get them to not start hurting ??:confused2:

Just want to stay motivated and not fall into the same cycle of taking a fewe days off to let them feel better and get out of the habit of going to walk at all... :tt1:

Kim

Huggie, Do you have Good Running Shoes ?

I was having hip pain at first then went and got really GOOD Shoes and it helped me a lot !

Have you spoken to your doc about the shin pain just to make sure things are ok ?

I hope you feel better soon i dont have much help in this area maybe some of the others do . I am on day 2 Monday !!

Mindy