Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch to 5K Anyone want to start with me ?

Wow Frani..looks like a great challenage. i would love to do that in 2009! Now how can i get the corp jet to get me down there?:??hmmmmmm

Wow Frani..looks like a great challenage. i would love to do that in 2009! Now how can i get the corp jet to get me down there?:??hmmmmmm

Daddy,

Why on earth are you worrying about that?

By then you will have your promotion that will allow you free access to the corporate jet -- and of course you will also have that meeting scheduled down here as well.

:w00t:

I love to run now! This morning I ran for 25 minutes straight. Then walked for 2 minutes then ran to complete my 3.1 mile route in 35 minutes! I remember when it was a struggle to run for 90 seconds! It is amazing how easy this couch to 5k is! I took a couple days off from running, so I was worried that I wouldn't make it for 25 minutes, but I did it!

Dang! Awesome job, wnt2lose! That's reallly great!

Hi Guys,

Everyone is doing great!!!

Wnt2lose, thanks for the inspiring post -- I look forward to getting to that point soon!

Well I talked it over with one of my coaches (Coach Daddy :lol:), and he suggested that since I'm having surgery done next, I should just repeat week four, and not push it to the next level until I'm recovered.

That sounded like great advice to me, so that's what I plan to do. I did finish week four this evening, but I will start it over again on Wednesday. If that turns out to be too easy, then I might do the first session of week 5 on Friday, but I think I will hold off on that 20 minute run until after my surgery.

Have a great night :smile2::smile::mellow:!

:(!!!

Go Frani , Go Frani!!!

YOur doing great....You keep rocking lady!!!

I just naired my shoulders and back for my tri!!! Now that was an experiance!!!!!!!!!

:laugh:!!!

Go Frani , Go Frani!!!

YOur doing great....You keep rocking lady!!!

I just naired my shoulders and back for my tri!!! Now that was an experiance!!!!!!!!!

Thank you so much Daddy -- your encouragement means a lot :thumbup::smile::frown:!

LOL about the Nair :wink2:. Now you're getting a taste of what we girls have to do all the time plus a lot more!!! (Well, except we don't have to remove hair from our shoulders and back, thank goodness......).

Good luck with your Tri on Saturday!!!! We'll be rooting for you!!!!

Oh, and take lots of pics -- we want to see them!!!

since i read your post daddy - i have that old 70's nair ad in my head:

who wears short shorts.....nair w/short shorts..:frown:

can't wait to hear about your tri this coming wkend - all the best, i'm routing for ya from TX!!!

had 2 wks off fr trainer & picked back up today - he wants me running more :thumbup:. have been avoiding it to be honest but he has me doing the 5k in intervals that are crushing & i'm pretty sure i could have filled a kiddie pool w/the sweat this am.....keep up the good work all!!!

Wowee lulu.....12 pounds from goal!?!??! Incredible!

Thursday is day 3 of week 5...all is going very well. I did day 2 at the gym today--it was a breeze compared the the 98 - 100 degree conditions I've been suffering in! I need to make excuses to my runnin' buddy a little more often and take my booty INDOORS!!!

I just started doing week one of the podcasts today. I've been trying to get into a running mode, but wasn't finding a method that was working for me (was doing 5 minutes warm up, 5 minutes running, er, jogging, then walking for 10 minutes, another 5 minutes running and then a 5 minute cool down). I managed getting all the way through the podcast without dying. Don't know if I can move on to week two after a week though -- we'll see.

My goal is to do a triathalon in one year!!

Bec

Thanks ladies! I will let you know how it goes. I practiced in the pool this morning in my wetsuit stuff and swim shoes to get used to it. I am glad i did because it was a little different. The temps are meant to be 70F on Sunday in Green Bay with no rain. I am SURE the swim is going to be COLD but once i get past that ill be home free.

Made me laugh about filling up a kiddie pool with sweat! lol

Thats a good goal Grey Hounder. Next year i want to do an Olympic length Triathlon. Then maybe in a few years an IronMan!

I think my wife is going to volunteer for the race now so i should have a few pictures but NOOOO way are there going to be any in my wetsuit!

Thanks ladies! I will let you know how it goes. I practiced in the pool this morning in my wetsuit stuff and swim shoes to get used to it. I am glad i did because it was a little different. The temps are meant to be 70F on Sunday in Green Bay with no rain. I am SURE the swim is going to be COLD but once i get past that ill be home free.

Made me laugh about filling up a kiddie pool with sweat! lol

Thats a good goal Grey Hounder. Next year i want to do an Olympic length Triathlon. Then maybe in a few years an IronMan!

I think my wife is going to volunteer for the race now so i should have a few pictures but NOOOO way are there going to be any in my wetsuit!

That's okay Daddy, we understand, I truly doubt I would look good in a wetsuit either. I mean, let's face it, who does? It's not exactly flattering attire under any circumstances.......

So tell Musical Momma, that we don't need pics of you in your wetsuit, we just want to see pics of you kicking butt in the race!

Thursday is day 3 of week 5...all is going very well. I did day 2 at the gym today--it was a breeze compared the the 98 - 100 degree conditions I've been suffering in! I need to make excuses to my runnin' buddy a little more often and take my booty INDOORS!!!

Stranger way to go!!! You're doing great :angry:!

I was planning on repeating week four, but you inspired me to push it into week five. I did session one this evening.

since i read your post daddy - i have that old 70's nair ad in my head:

who wears short shorts.....nair w/short shorts..:tt1:

LuLu, when I read your post yesterday, guess what happened? Yep, that silly little song got stuck in my head for the rest of the day :lol:.........

I just started doing week one of the podcasts today. I've been trying to get into a running mode, but wasn't finding a method that was working for me (was doing 5 minutes warm up, 5 minutes running, er, jogging, then walking for 10 minutes, another 5 minutes running and then a 5 minute cool down). I managed getting all the way through the podcast without dying. Don't know if I can move on to week two after a week though -- we'll see.

My goal is to do a triathalon in one year!!

Bec

Greyhounder, congrats on starting the Couch to 5K plan. This is a wonderful plan -- I'm progressing much faster with the running than I ever thought I would. Participating in this thread is helping me a lot too. Keep up the good work :smile:!

Wowee lulu.....12 pounds from goal!?!??! Incredible!

well thank you!! i believe exercise got me here faster than relying on band alone. helps a lot i was banded same day as hubby (no kids) and we've been partner & crime in eating & moving the booty...

struggling w/the goal weight drama (lots of threads on this) - i think i need to be 120 now and hubby would prefer more meat on the bones....but i'm a big shorty, just over 5', so i'm just going to play this game out.

i must say - don't know how ya run in this heat; today was SO hot at 6am when i went for a quick run...

greyhounder - welcome!!!! don't worry if you have to reapeat wks - keep the body moving..

i think wet suits are just all around cruel. DH scuba dives, and at his fittest, they are unattractive. whoysa, no worries about those pics.

fran - i STILL have been singing that jingle. can't shake it:tongue:

Thanks LuLu and Frani for the encouragement! Im still at it trainning hard. Its weigh in day tomorrow. Gosh my shoulders itch!

Me got thunder up here today but its meant to be clear on Sunday for me.

For the past 2 weekends, I have run/walked a 5k. I've been working out (skiing in Jan to April, stationary bike Jan to April, swimming Feb to June, and Road bike April to June). I set a goal to run a 5k within 1 yr of surgery (12/6/07). I started jogging in early May as well. Small runs and alot of walks. A week ago I ran 2.5k without walking, then walked a bit, ran alittle more and finally finished the 5k. This morning I knew I had to run at least 1/2 of the 5k to keep pace with last week. I reached the 1/2 way point and pointed to my marker as I turned around. I yelled and pointed at my marker, "You are EASY!!" Then I continued to run and pick out markers that I knew I could reach. As I passed each one, I yelled and pointed "You are EASY!!" I saw my truck in the distance and told myself, "That is EASY!!!" Guess what? I made it!!! And it was EASY!! Ok, it wasn't. But I sure had myself convinced while I was doing it. I know that so much of fitness is Mind over Matter. I am strong, I am powerful, I overcome!!! I am a 5k runner!!!!

In 2 weeks I will be competing against myself in a Sprint Triathlon in Hyrum, UT. I will probably be the biggest Clydsdale in the race, but I WILL FINISH!!!!! My goal has always been about Fitness and Health, with the added benefit of weight loss.

I ran a 1/2 Marathon in 1981 at the age of 15. For the past 26 years, I have let other issues get in my Health/Fitness way. I no longer have excuses! It is time to live life again. The interesting thing that I'm finding is: Working out is a blast!!!!!!

Good luck to everyone else who is doing the Couch 2 5k. YOU CAN DO IT!! Yes, I am yelling. JFDI! Just Freaking Do It!!!!

Edited by UT LB Loser