Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch to 5K Anyone want to start with me ?

Stranger- sorry to hear you are feeling bad!!! Try treating it like a stomach virus. You've done two days now of liquids so I would try some crackers or potato Soup - nice bland and soft stuff that shouldn't upset the tummy. Hope you feel better soon!!!!

I did week 9 today!!! I RAN 30 MINUTES!!!! WOOOHOOOO!!!!

Ok - question though - I am not anywhere near 3 miles. I did 2.5 WITH the warmup walk. Otherwise it is only 2.25 miles.

Is the 5K supposed to include the warmup and cool down? Cause I can do .5 in that 10 min. So it would be up to 2.75 miles if that counts :thumbs_up:

I'm just trying to figure out what to do next. Obviously I wouldn't survive a 5K run right now (grrrr).

HAPPY TUESDAY Y'ALL!!!!

Gen (wombat)

Wombat....first..CONGRATSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!! That is awesome!!!! Ive been watching you through the whole program.

I had the same concern as you about the walk. For now i would count it. 2.25 is FANTASTIC!. keep it up for a while!!

When i finished my biggest thing was 'what do i do now?' Your doing great.

Do week 9 over and over for a few weeks. Count the walk as in the 30 mins and when you hit 30 cool down walk for 5 mins for a total of 35 mins.

Next step i would take is i walk 5mins to warm up then rest the treadmill then do a solid 30 min only run.

Some day this is going to SUCK! some days youll be fine.

Right now ive managed to move up to 5min walk...reset treadmill then 45min run and a 5 min cool down. Of course i dont always run on a treadmill.

If i were u i would go 30 min runs for a few weeks every now and again slipping in a 35.

Then go 35 min and slip in 40mins and so on.

I want to build till i can run solid for 60 mins consently. Takes me about 36mins to do 5K with only running so im pretty dang slow.

Wombat you need to enter into a 5k run somewhere local now!

Oh, man....I feel like a total loser. Wombat, don't quit like I did! Just because you finished the Couch to 5k doesn't mean stop running!!!! Do exactly what whosya says!!!!

P.S. Had pablano corn chowder for lunch again today. Had some super-mushy potatoes in it too. close enough to liquid! Hopefully, I'll be back to normal tomorrow!

boy stranger you've had some tuff fills!!!

hope your tummy is feeling better.

:frown::thumbup: wombat! i repeated A LOT of wks, but kept at it till the finnish line. right now i'm only running 1 day a wk an keeping it at 3 miles averaging between 33-29 minutes. for me it's gotten somewhat boring - but i do want it to be a pattern of at least "once" a wk. dh and i went mountain biking on sunday & realized how much we LOVED it when we weren't so fluffy. i think this might be a regular routine, well if i have a say...LOL

have a good wk all~~~

Thanks Whosya!!!!!!!! It feels awesome to actually achieve this goal. I've never (NEVER) been a jogger even when I was 105 and 16yr old it just wasn't for me. I am going to keep at it though. :frown:

My plan is to up my speed a bit one week, and then add a little time the next week - and keep working until I get the distance of 5K for jogging only.

Stranger - you're not a loser!!!!!! Glad to know lunch went down good!!!

WOMBAT---Congrats!!! I didn't realize that you had finished...been scanning more than reading!!!!

Keep up the good work...I'm going to start back up today...still on week 7--day 2....I think I've mentally blocked day 3--the 25 minute run....dreading it!!!

dh and i went mountain biking on sunday & realized how much we LOVED it when we weren't so fluffy. i think this might be a regular routine, well if i have a say...LOL

have a good wk all~~~

I too freakin LOVE my montain bike now!!!!!!! All those spin classes in the winter are paying off. It doesnt even feel like exersise just fun!! I would of gone tonight but we got ALOT of rain.

Funnyiest part was when i was riding back through town i went for my turn signal like on my motorcycle. LOL.

Where did my 5kers go?

Well today i did my first offical event. The OshKosh 5k.

32f and snowing..yuck ...but i went for it.

managed to run the whole way.

Came 368th out of 720!

post-220194-13813136901783_thumb.jpg

Who's ya,

Congrats!!! Good for you:thumbup:. That is so awesome. What an accomplishment. I have started back at the c25k. I actually look forward to it! It's funny, though, the whole time I'm running, I keep asking myself why I'm doing this and when will it be over. As soon as it's over, I love it and feel great. Oh well, it's definitely growing on me. I'm building up to my first 5k on June 26th in Boston, The corporate challenge. Never done a distance race before so it will be interesting. I'm really psyched about it, I just hope I can do it. I am on week 3 now, so hopefully I'll be up for the challenge.

You must be so proud of yourself, I am proud for you!!

Cindy

Wdaddy!!!!!

AWESOME, AMAZING, WONDERFL, SUPERFANTASTIC!!!!! You are such an inspiration!!!1

I was on week 7 and stopped...my grandmother passed away--so with making arrangements and family---I have been away from the gym....but I'm going back soon!!!!!

CONGRATS AGAIN!!! I'm proud of you!!!

Yea Whosya!!!!!! You're first Marathon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And, IN THE SNOW!!!! You deserve a MEDAL!!!!!!

How long was the run? How many miles?

I'm still doing my 30min 3x a week now :biggrin:. I'm working on speed. I am still feeling a bit lost now that it's all "over".

I did get an email at work that they are going to start an outdoors jogging club 3x week at lunch. I don't know if I can keep up but I'm going to give it a try. I know there are several guys that run because they are always doing marathons/triathalons.

Anyway, I'm keeping myself busy with cardio classes at work, and my jogging. Soon, I'll be adding weight training. I have GOT to start toning up what's left of me!!!!!!

Well guys...I did it! I started c25k today! I never thought that 60 sec could kick my butt so much, but it DID! It was much harder than I thought, but I managed! I tried to keep my jogging at 5 mph and walking at 3.5mph, but at time it was 4.7-3.2. either way, I felt awesome when I was done!!! My heart rate was in the 170's and it felt so good! I am planning on doing it again tomorrow, so I will let ya know!

Wow Whosya, how exciting? Did someone do it with you, or did you run alone? Either way, congrats!!!

BigBaby, sorry for your loss!