Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch to 5K Anyone want to start with me ?

you can do it BigBaby!!!!! I was super nervous too - it just seems so daunting!! But, oh what a thrill when you make it through it :(

I'm still amazed at the progress we've all made!! Week 1 I thought I was going to die after 60 seconds (longest minute of my life). Now - week 7 running a whole stinkin 25 min!!!! I have said (my entire life) that I do NOT run - unless there's a bug or someone is after me (both are VERY important and equally dangerous!!!!) Look at us now!!!!!!

I went to Six Flags today with the kids. I walked for 6 hours - no problem; no aches, nothing!! We even walked over to the restaurant rather than getting the car :embaressed_smile: And, I'm still up this late at night!!!!

I'm repeating week 7 next week. I haven't felt great this week and I guess it's tightened up the band again. I haven't kept much down today except a couple of bites of eggs and a Peanut Butter cookie. Looks like it's going to be liquids for me for a bit to get things all sorted out.

Way to go Wombat!!!

Your a RockStar!

I did 3 5k runs this week and today i did a 50min run as i know i have to think about that 10k. made about 4.5 miles in 50mins.

Big day for me though 298!!!!! Weighed in today. I havent been under 300 in forever!!!!

at this rate its going to be 200 gone in 12 months. I know its thanks to serious exersise.

298!! i still cant believe it.

i was 440 in August 07!

Keep it people.

WOW! WOW! Whosya - you too are a Rock Star! Under 300. That is a testament to your hard work. You are a great example to follow.

As always when I check in on all of you I am amazed!! I have been plugging away at my walking. Had a check up and this week and doc is happy with what he sees. Look like I am in for a fill on 4/17 - my next check up. Hopefully by then I can pick up the pace some.

You guys keep moving!

Howdy ya'll . Im still around. slowly working my way back up . Ya'll have not kicked me out yet ! LOL

Im walking about 2 days a week right now . My hip is feeling better. I am not having as many problems with it as I was . I notice some stiffness when i get up in the mornings some but not as much .

This week i am going to try to start week 2 of the program and do yoga on my off days and see how that goes ?

on the up side ive lost 80 lbs now im down to 170 I expect to be under 170 this week. My fill is really working now . I just went shopping and bought a size 11 in JUNIORS ( Like a size 12 in womens ) But i was SO excited !!!

So here i am !!! HOld me accountable ya'll !!!

Mindy

Well, well, well---Week 5 is a done deal!!!! I actually jogged for 20 mins!!! Can you believe it???? If I hadn't done it--I wouldn't have believed it----YEA ME!!!

Wdaddy!!!--good for you....You are a running machine!!!! congrats on the weight loss--I had a fill last Wed.--so I look forward to dropping a few more soon

Wombat, TX & Colton--keep up the good work!!!!

Congrats Whosya / Mindy re: Weight Loss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DH and I are still in "Boot Camp" - I'm probably getting just 2 days a wk in for running, but my time is getting better each round (I even snuck out early yesterday to the gym while family was still sleeping in - Never would have done that!!). Boot camp is just pshyco training, the lbs & inches are falling off of us WAY fast (that and a good fill :wub:). "Supposdly" I've lost 7lbs in 2wks - that's just insane for me, I'll wait till we're done to see where I end up.

Have a good wk all~~

woohoo BigBaby!!!!! You made 20 minutes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm looking forward to my date with the treadmill in the morning :D

Whosya!!! :wub: WOOOHOOOO!!!! Under 300 :) awesome awesome awesome!

Mindy - glad to hear you are still working through the hip!!! We're not kicking you out :) You're the one that got me started on this!!!! (have I said thank you lately?!?!)

Lulu - 7 # in 2 weeks!!!! OMG - sign me up. Oh wait, I don't like being yelled at - no boot camp for me :)

Lulu - 7 # in 2 weeks!!!! OMG - sign me up. Oh wait, I don't like being yelled at - no boot camp for me :biggrin:

He does yell at me most of the time - more like a "stern" talking. I have the "I can't lift that much, run that long" attitude, and he doesn't put up with it. Which IS good, cause I wouldn't stretch myself if left to do alone...

I would be "bleeped" out a LOT if I was on the Biggest Loser - My trainer says I've developed "terrets" sp?, I say its the million squats:)

wdaddy----did I read somewhere that you lost 19lbs in one week??????????????

I did lose 22lbs in two weeks. I was platau for 4 weeks then dropped off like crazy.

Hey guys! I just found your thread and it looks like this is something I really want to try! I have always wanted to be able to run, and I think this is the answer for me....

QUESTION--How long after being banded did you guys start working out like this? Tomorrow will be two weeks for me and I feel READY, but I just want to make sure you guys agree!

Thanks for the inspiration and info!

n.

Nikki,

I swam for about 2 months before i started this after being banded. But i was super high weight.

I would wait untill your port isnt sore. My Doc never restricted me from any execise.

Of course...as always 'check with your DOC'

And WELCOME!

Week 6 day 1 is finished!!!! It just about wore me out....now for a personal question.

Does anyone else have this issue: Now that I'm losing weight and jogging more I can feel my belly jiggling. Do you wear tights or biking shorts under your sweats or do "let the jelly roll"?

Hey guys! I just found your thread and it looks like this is something I really want to try! I have always wanted to be able to run, and I think this is the answer for me....

QUESTION--How long after being banded did you guys start working out like this? Tomorrow will be two weeks for me and I feel READY, but I just want to make sure you guys agree!

Thanks for the inspiration and info!

n.

Ewww I would ask your doc ! My doc said no exercise for 6 weeks ! So i would check with them first.

I could walk only for the first 6 weeks.

So i would check with the doc first.

Mindy