Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch to 5K Anyone want to start with me ?

Thanks for the info! I called yesterday and left a message, and I am still waiting to hear back. I did talk to my DH and he is going to do the program with me! I am just excited to get started!

Week 6 day 1 is finished!!!! It just about wore me out....now for a personal question.

Does anyone else have this issue: Now that I'm losing weight and jogging more I can feel my belly jiggling. Do you wear tights or biking shorts under your sweats or do "let the jelly roll"?

good job so far!!!! I would just let it roll! maybe it will melt away that way:)

ppl know your doing to lose weight. I probably look treible when i run but i had to make a decision not to let that hold me back.

so i say jelly:lol:

Hey Nurse Niki - I think I was 2months post op when I started this. I pretty much walked up until then & started weight training at that time as well.

Welcome aboard!!!

Got my time to 29.5 mins right now - YEAH!!! And I like the scale at the moment.:thumbup:

Big Baby - I've read in another thread some have used Spanx underneath their workout clothes if that helps??

148, Lulu? Wow, that's amazing!!!! Good for you! I'm STILL not in ONEderland! UGH!

Lulu--I was going to start the program next week (three weeks post op) if I haven't heard back from the doctor...but after reading your post, I think I will wait til I see the doctor April 6th. Thanks for the advice!

i waited & weighed 3 days to make sure i hadn't lost my mind in losing 7lbs in 2wks - but this AM even with PMS bloating i'm still down.

2 good fills & working out like mad has helped - watch, i'll be 148 for a month or 2:)

Yeah, I found that the running hasn't really aided my weight loss to my liking....doesn't mean I'm quitting for good, but I have taken a 2.5 week hiatus. I felt like I was left hanging when I finished my Couch to 5k. Nothing to really hold myself accountable to. Totally stinks. I feel like a lazy lump, but unfortunately, that hasn't gotten me to the point of motivation yet.

I'm getting another fill on 4/10. That will be 9 WEEKS since my last. Hopefully, I can sneak in on 4/3 if someone else cancels. I really didn't want to go back until I was under 200, I just didn't want the nurse to write down a number in my chart that starts with a 2. But, at this point, I'm getting VERY hungry, and it's just time.

stranger i got very aggressive w/working out by getting my trainer to do a boot camp w/dh. twice a wk, no 2 workouts the same bumped things up.

i understand the running & thinking it would speed along the weightloss - i thought i had to do hard cardio all the time, not paying too much attention to weight training. i've found that i have to change my exercise routine up frequently & my food choices. i have a habit of getting into a rut with both, and for 3 wks i have payed a lot of attention to mixing things up.

getting restriction for me was like an act of congress - took forever. i was STARVED after a workout & had to use that damn willpower crap, that i could have easily hurt someone. i could go every 2 wks to get a fill if i wanted but, i seemed to avg every 3wks. right now i'm 8.5cc's in my 10cc band, and that is all i want.

now - i'm avging' the couch 5k run twice a wk .... Might try to go further after boot camp ends in a month:rolleyes:

How incredible that you're up to 8.5 cc's. I got banded a month after you, and when I had my third fill, I went to 7cc and it was wayyyyy too much, had to get some taken out. Now, my doc is going to go .5 at a time. Never mind the fact that my boyfriend is really hesitant about me getting fills and always thinks I should wait wait wait. Not that it's any of his say, but sometimes in a relationship you have to pick your battles, know what I'm sayin'?

....So, I think this journey is going to be a long one. I'm trying not to be too upset about it, because ultimately, the result is the same, no matter how long it takes.

I just can't wait to have to buy new clothes. My 16's that I was wearing 29 pounds ago are all big on me, but 14's at the store are too tight. It totally sucks.

Hey y'all :tongue_smilie:

I've been repeating week 7 this week. I'm ready to move on to week 8 next week!!

Nurse Niki - I was a lazy slug - I didn't exercise for the first 6 months. Not sure why - guess just scared of hurting something.

Luluc--thanks for the idea about spanx--I have some already--so I'll give it a try.

I did day 2 of week 6 today. I am going to repeat it on Saturday. It was a struggle.

Stranger--Although I haven't finished yet, I have often wondered if I will continue running after the 9 weeks. I'm so dag gum competetive--even against myself!!! I wanted to quit tonight--but I had to keep saying---you can do it.....I refuse to be a quitter--even if I'm the only one who knows that I quit. AAAAAHHHHGGGGG!!!

Hey fellow Couch to 5K'ers,

I've been doing the program too and am repeating week 7 also. I have been so proud that I've gotten this far. I had to LOL when I read the post about dying the first week after the 60 second run. ME to a T. I was so motivated until I hit that 25 minute!! I got thru the 20 minute one fine, by telling myself just run a couple more minutes, a couple more etc. until it was time to stop. Unfortunately I totally psyched myself out when it came time for the 25 minute run. I thought there is no way I can keep 225 lbs in motion for 25 minutes. Then, while I was running, I thought geez I'm so bored, is this run over yet? Now I can't get motivated to finish the program. I just basically want to run for 'awhile' then walk and then run when I feel like it. :scared2: I've been having alot of problems with my right knee and the long runs really aggravate it. I did take a week off and then tried to work up the run times slow this week. My legs and knee hurt so bad I just wanted to cry.

Its not like my knee just started hurting, it has been bothering me since I started the C25K, but I figured hey, they hurt when I was 265 lbs and not getting any exercise, whats the big deal if they hurt now. I'm thinking that was a mistake. :w00t:

I just wanted to put my 2 cents in. I haven't lost the lbs either, but the inches are coming off. My legs are looking good and the shelf butt is disappearing!! I've gone from a 24 to a comfortable 18 and would like to be in a loose 16 by Memorial day.

I've had 3 fills for a total of 6.8 cc in a 10 cc band. After the first 2 fills basically doing nothing, I've been caught with alot of bad habits to break since this 3rd one. Everything gets stuck, (except junk of course) unless I chew REEEALLLY slow, which of course I forget to do almost everytime something goes in my mouth.:blush:

Anyway, keep it up you guys, the running makes you feel sooooo good. And yes I am annoying the hell out of everyone around me too with my exercise craze.

i've been mixing the running up w/the elliptical & bike to not get bored as well. i'm wondering if running outside with the change of scenery would help??? don't know - i guess if i try that i have only another month or 2 to do so before it starts to get over 100 degrees.

i had downtime yesterday & spent HOURS downloading new songs from ITunes plus trying to see if I could merge my playlist w/my husbands. hopefully new songs will change things up a bit???

100lbsforsale...lol i like that name! Yeah it can get boring on a treadmill. I ran outside for a few days a few weeks ago while i was in Florida and it was WAYYY more interesting and fun. Now im back in Wisconsin and back on the treadmill.

Luluc makes a VERY good point here...download new songs as much as you can. Keep it interesting.

Also i mix it up...right now im doing runnning and swimming every other day and then weightlifting and my spin class on the other days.

Goal!....this is important! I signed up for some runs this year...my first is a 5k in two weeks. That motivates me to keep trainning at it. Then i have a 10k in June also. I cant wait. There is a Dualathlon i want to try to...run 5k ..cycle 22miles...run 5k. The triathons are a little scary for me right now as i dont want to deal with the wet suit and swimming in a lake in WI is a little scary. But im hopeing to do them soon.

Wdaddy--you can do it!!!!! We're all doing so well--no matter what stage we're in...I won't weight until April 1st. I know the inches are coming off--I have on some pants today that are fitting well.

When I weight I am looking for my weight to begin with a 1. I am so close..If my weight starts with a 2--I'll be so disappointed!!!!1