Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

These two muffin recipes are practically the same, save for instead on the blueberry ones they have 100g of granulated erythritol instead of 60 brown 60 granulated, are they okay?

image_2024-03-11_191432703.thumb.png.36d2f66e24383a070cde1d8824f8033c.png image_2024-03-11_191242120.thumb.png.fd1d4a7f64a215c380d0903c7ef42b36.png

You're seven months out, correct? One of those could have been a meal on MY program at that point - although I can't speak for yours.

depends on what your asking for i guess.

they seem ok to ME.

but maybe not for someone on a low carb diet.

nor for someone on a low calorie diet, unless they are only eating 3 (maybe 4) of these a day, and nothing else?

I am 7 weeks out and I would not eat that, its too many carbs. But the calories are good, each meal for me is around 150-200 cal. Morning usually being the most calories. That is just me.

Yeah that's tough to determine as everyone has different programs and/or personal macro goals. It also depends on how often or how many you plan on having and maybe what the rest of your day looks like.

It's pretty decent on calories and Protein for what it is, the carbs even net are a bit on the high side imo. So it's more so if the carbs matter to you and how you navigate the rest of your day.

Thank you all! I've been doing one for Breakfast typically as I was under in calorie goal and it had been stalling me. I've actually finally started dropping weight again. I'm typically hitting 1100-1300 now and am doing one Protein Shake and one to two meals consisting of a Protein (steak, chicken, or eggs) and vegetables and sometimes more carbs (1/2 bagel).

If you need to increase your calories then these seem fine (and you'll be reading the room by now, LOL, they're just about fine if you can't have something else) but there are loads of alternatives to food made with artificial sweeteners you might want to think about.

When I was at your stage and missing calorie goal I had a couple of spoons of raw nut butter (no sugar) or some cheese, or a few whole nuts. I ate a tiny portion of porridge with whole milk or had some full fat greek yoghurt. I am a sugarholic though so I completely avoided anything that tasted sweet.

I hope it goes well for you!

That many calories would have been a meal for me too at your stage. Personally I would avoid them but I’m a very low sugar consumer & avoid artificial sweeteners or sugar alternatives whenever possible. I’d worry about the carbs too (high processed white flour - whole meal would be a little better) & the fat content.

Check with your dietician to be sure especially in relation to what else you usually eat each day. Plans & requirements do differ.

You might consider a version of these: https://www.wholesomeyum.com/keto-banana-muffins-recipe/ They are Keto, so they are low in carbs, but you could always add some blueberries and skip the banana bakery emulsion, swapping in vanilla. They keep well in the fridge. I used real dark chocolate in mine and a combo of Splenda and Allulose, they still came out to only about 10 total carbs and 8 grams of Protein. That would change a bit if you add blueberries though.

17 hours ago, ChunkCat said:

You might consider a version of these: https://www.wholesomeyum.com/keto-banana-muffins-recipe/ They are Keto, so they are low in carbs, but you could always add some blueberries and skip the banana bakery emulsion, swapping in vanilla. They keep well in the fridge. I used real dark chocolate in mine and a combo of Splenda and Allulose, they still came out to only about 10 total carbs and 8 grams of Protein. That would change a bit if you add blueberries though.

these look delish! and Girl your new profile pic! you look AMAZING!!! How much have you lost?

2 hours ago, AmberFL said:

these look delish! and Girl your new profile pic! you look AMAZING!!! How much have you lost?

They are way more delicious than they should be. LOL

Thank you for the compliment!! I've lost the same amount as you, 75.5 lbs !! Though I adjust the weight through the side thing on the right and it only does whole numbers... I can't believe you've lost that much so soon! You are hoofin' it to your goal!

3 minutes ago, ChunkCat said:

They are way more delicious than they should be. LOL

Thank you for the compliment!! I've lost the same amount as you, 75.5 lbs !! Though I adjust the weight through the side thing on the right and it only does whole numbers... I can't believe you've lost that much so soon! You are hoofin' it to your goal!

Its pretty insane! I have upped my calories, just making sure that I hit my Protein and Water goals. I eat 50g of carbs and 30-50g of fat. Its all "healthy fats" but its falling off a lot quicker than I anticipated! Which I guess is a good thing? I saw you comment about just trusting my body and letting it do it thing but I adjusted my goal to 170 that puts me in the "normal" BMI section. I am trusting the process, but its sus LOL

We both are killin it!