Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm half the man I used to be before WLS and NSVs on recent holiday

Just came back from a short trip to Langkawi Island here in Malaysia with my wife and kids. This is my wife and I second visit after going there in 2013 for our honeymoon (time flies!). We all had a great time there specially my kids. The weather was nice and the island was not very crowded. I got to try a lot of things that I've never dared or was able to do before WLS. The trip was full of NSVs so I wanted to share some of those with you guys.

1. I didn't need a seat belt extension this time and had plenty of room in my seat! I was able to use the food tray without it pushing against my belly.

IMG_0540.JPG.988d0764fbb5026d89c0bf318f9f7791.JPG

2. I tried parasailing (parachute on a boat), banana boat and even jet skiing for the first time in my life

IMG_1190.thumb.JPG.8c25a95da3236cc58877706c93404228.JPG

3. I joined my wife and kids in playing all the rides and games in the Water theme park. I was always the guy standing out of the pool cheering while my wife and kids were having fun. Not this time. My son was so happy that daddy was with him on the big water slide. Some of the rides had a weight limit of 80 kg (they even have a scale to weigh people who are close to that weight - I was not asked to hop on the scale haha). Climbing the stairs to the ride starting point would have given me a heart attack before WLS let alone sliding down.

IMG_1189.thumb.JPG.3088e9771d0eec37d389befc65f8f417.JPG

4. We took a speed boat for island hopping which was awesome. In one of the islands we had to climb the stairs up to a beautiful lake (Unlike my first visit I was fine and not out of breath while carrying my bag and my daughter). We rented pedal boats and circled around the lake for 30 mins which was awesome.

20230630_101704.thumb.jpg.a925928be8137c3994f5eaf2b94f2a47.jpg

5. We took some photos at the resort that we stayed in during our honeymoon 10 years ago. Left photo was taken in August 2013 and right one three days ago. This was also my first time ever wearing shorts in public and being at ease with it. Guess who bought 4 more shorts haha.

IMG_1174.thumb.JPG.16d7010e7adacc886e94c72960d8aeaa.JPG

The cherry on the cake was weighing myself after returning home to find that I've lost half of my weight on surgery day. A total of 74.5 kg lost which is my wife and daughter's weight combined!

Fantastic! And looking good.

❤️ Love it all!

So happy for you and that looks like an AMAZING vacation for you and your family~ such wonderful memories.

17 hours ago, Tomo said:

Thank you so much!

17 hours ago, Tomo said:

Thank you so much!

17 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

Congratulations!

Thanks!

19 hours ago, ms.sss said:

❤️ Love it all!

Thank you so much!

5 hours ago, Sigh said:

So happy for you and that looks like an AMAZING vacation for you and your family~ such wonderful memories.

Thanks for the kind words. The vacation was amazing and for the first time I felt like I've got my money worth of fun. I was part of the action and not just an observer.

Holiday looks amazing and so do you. Nice work!

On 7/19/2023 at 4:17 AM, Spinoza said:

Holiday looks amazing and so do you. Nice work!

Thank you so much! It was amazing indeed. I'm already thinking of the next one haha