Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 hour ago, smc124 said:

I just discovered the fine art of heating store bought chocolate Protein Shakes and pretending it’s hot chocolate and I’m here to say I’m a fan.

I'm in. lol I am trying not to struggle over here so I appreciate all these tips!

I'll have to try that myself.

24 minutes ago, Voogs said:

I'll have to try that myself.

How are you feeling, Voogs? Did you have your procedure on the 14th, afterall? Hope you are doing well!

On 12/15/2022 at 6:47 PM, Lisa XO said:

I'm in. lol I am trying not to struggle over here so I appreciate all these tips!

Lisa how are you doing with the pre op? Hope you found something a bit more savoury to enjoy a little!

Just a few days to go! Are you getting excited? 😁 I am SO ready to be in recovery mode, already. The waiting is hard, my heart goes out to folks who are waiting months and years!!! ❤️

7 hours ago, cici88 said:

Lisa how are you doing with the pre op? Hope you found something a bit more savoury to enjoy a little!

Just a few days to go! Are you getting excited? 😁 I am SO ready to be in recovery mode, already. The waiting is hard, my heart goes out to folks who are waiting months and years!!! ❤️

Good morning, Cici. I have found that making Soups, straining them, and adding the Isopure unflavored Protein is saving me. Mostly I've done from scratch cream soups (last night was carrot) but I have done canned chicken noodle (strained) with protein, as well. I have tried almost all the sweet Protein Shakes available to me locally and don't like any of them. So, that is disappointing. If I Water them down or add some almond milk, they are better. Two days until I switch to clear liquid only!

I'm super nervous! I've never had surgery of any kind before so the unknown is freaking me out a little.

I hope recovery is easy for all of us and we meet our goals! I will try my best to get on here and give you an update after my surgery but before yours! Do you have a time set, yet?

Edited by Lisa XO

On 12/7/2022 at 11:39 AM, Lisa XO said:

Just got my date: December 27

Now I'm nervous. lol

My gastric bypass is 12/29! Good luck. Which procedure are you having?

2 minutes ago, BookingMama said:

My gastric bypass is 12/29! Good luck. Which procedure are you having?

I am having a sleeve done. And good luck to you, as well!

Edited by Lisa XO

On 12/6/2022 at 5:36 AM, cici88 said:

Anyone mad like me & scheduled at the end of the month? Mine is happening 12/29, all going well!

Seems a strange time to put it, but I'm single & live alone. I usually spend the holidays feeling a little down, as all of my family/friends are coupled off & hibernating together. But this year I'm excited to use my time off to do something to change my life for the better.

I'm a little scared about travelling alone, but it won't be my first time by any means, so it's more the hospital stay that concerns me. Hoping I can meet some friendly folks doing our 'laps' around the wards 😁

We're surgery twins! I'm having gastric bypass on the same day. I wouldn't have selected that day myself, but I appreciate that my surgery center held the date for me in November while waiting for my insurance to pre-authorize. Which procedure are you having? How far are you traveling for your procedure?

On 12/11/2022 at 10:57 AM, PNWgrandma said:

My surgery in 12/29 as well. On Friday I receieved a letter from Kaiser titled, "crisis standards of care declared by Portland hospitals." While they haven't cancelled any procedures yet, they may need to reschedule if the hospital can't accommodate me due to high numbers of patient's. Ugh, I have been in the program for 1 1/2 years and ready for my new journey!

With that being said, I am hopeful and excited. I begin my 2 week liquid diet this coming Thursday and pray I do not become too crabby. Lol.

Best wishes

I live in the state next door to you, and I'll be thinking of you. The part of WA State where I live is having massive RSV, influenza, and COVID outbreaks, so I'm worried about similar news for my surgery center in Seattle.

My WLS is scheduled for 12/29. I started my 14-day liver shrinking pre-op diet on Thursday and the first few days were rough with headaches. I don't know why this didn't dawn on me sooner, but I've just just cancelled my Christmas plans with 24 members of my extended family to avoid getting COVID, flu, or RSV (our county/region has high rates of all 3 right now) because I don't want anything to interfere with my procedure, and I'm pretty sad about that, but I've invested too much now to have my procedure delayed.

Anyone else facing similar decisions? RSV, influenza, and COVID cases are really high in my region and hospitals are already full (especially pediatric), so I'm just being extra cautious with my family. Besides, they are grazing all day and I also wondered how my 2 Protein Shakes and 1 very small meal was going to get me through that holiday.

On 12/12/2022 at 9:26 PM, babygo88 said:

My surgery is 12/21 I’m excited and scared at the same time. Currently on a liquid diet.< /p>

Same! Liquid dieting is kicking my butt currently.

5 hours ago, Lisa XO said:

Good morning, Cici. I have found that making Soups, straining them, and adding the Isopure unflavored Protein is saving me. Mostly I've done from scratch cream Soups (last night was carrot) but I have done canned chicken noodle (strained) with Protein, as well. I have tried almost all the sweet Protein Shakes available to me locally and don't like any of them. So, that is disappointing. If I Water them down or add some almond milk, they are better. Two days until I switch to clear liquid only!

I'm super nervous! I've never had surgery of any kind before so the unknown is freaking me out a little.

I hope recovery is easy for all of us and we meet our goals! I will try my best to get on here and give you an update after my surgery but before yours! Do you have a time set, yet?

I totally agree on the shakes, I find them really tough to drink! Glad you've been able to find a solution with the Soup and Isopure.

I'm nervous, too. I've not had a surgery either. I keep telling myself they do this every day, though. I really hope recover goes well for us, too! I'll be alone in hospital for 3 nights and then in a hotel for 2, so I'll try to come on here and update, too.

I'm not sure what time of day the surgery will be, I hope early so I don't have to wait around much! Did you get a time?

5 hours ago, BookingMama said:

We're surgery twins! I'm having gastric bypass on the same day. I wouldn't have selected that day myself, but I appreciate that my surgery center held the date for me in November while waiting for my insurance to pre-authorize. Which procedure are you having? How far are you traveling for your procedure?

Oh amazing! 😁 Glad to find a surgery twin.

I'm having a sleeve. Hopefully keyhole, but I might need open, due to some scar tissue from a surgery when I was born. Im terrified of waking up and hearing they couldn't perform the procedure, so a bit nervous!

Im traveling around 4 hours away. I have to take a connecting flight, which isn't ideal but had to be done. How about you, how far will you be traveling?

5 hours ago, BookingMama said:

My WLS is scheduled for 12/29. I started my 14-day liver shrinking pre-op diet on Thursday and the first few days were rough with headaches. I don't know why this didn't dawn on me sooner, but I've just just cancelled my Christmas plans with 24 members of my extended family to avoid getting COVID, flu, or RSV (our county/region has high rates of all 3 right now) because I don't want anything to interfere with my procedure, and I'm pretty sad about that, but I've invested too much now to have my procedure delayed.

Anyone else facing similar decisions? RSV, influenza, and COVID cases are really high in my region and hospitals are already full (especially pediatric), so I'm just being extra cautious with my family. Besides, they are grazing all day and I also wondered how my 2 Protein Shakes and 1 very small meal was going to get me through that holiday.

I started wearing masks in public again a couple of weeks ago and I will be home from now until surgery date. Only grocery pickup, if I need to. I was contemplating getting another booster for my C-19 series but my doc said I should be good since it ran through my family a couple of months ago. My partner still has to go to work for a few days before my surgery, so that is a potential exposure. Glad my kids are out of school, though!