Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can't believe I only have 2 sleeps until my procedure! Nervously excited and looking forward to a new year and this needed change in my lifestyle :) I wish I would have found this website early on!

Best of luck to my surgery buddy, Kimpossible00!

That Tom Petty really did know that "the waiting is the hardest part"! The anticipation is killing me.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using BariatricPal mobile app

3 hours ago, Lisa XO said:

I am out of surgery and in my room. I feel better than expected. Thank goodness.

Yay!

Sent from my SM-G998U using BariatricPal mobile app

Amazing news, thrilled for you Lisa 🥳

I am out of surgery and in my room. I feel better than expected. Thank goodness.

Yay!

Terrific news! Keep sipping and keep us posted on the post-op recovery. Glad all went well.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using BariatricPal mobile app

Amazing news, thrilled for you Lisa [emoji3060]
Within hours for you. Wish you luck, as well!

On 12/28/2022 at 8:14 AM, Lisa XO said:

Within hours for you. Wish you luck, as well!

Aww thank you Lisa! ❤️ How are you doing today?

I'm all done and in my room now recovering. Have an IV in my arm, that has meds so feeling pretty fine. Waking up is probably the worst part, when you're so out of it 😂 Just trying to walk every hour and the gave me a little breathing test to do, too.

Excited to hear how it went for everyone else! ☺️

21 hours ago, cici88 said:

I'm all done and in my room now recovering. Have an IV in my arm, that has meds so feeling pretty fine. Waking up is probably the worst part, when you're so out of it 😂 Just trying to walk every hour and the gave me a little breathing test to do, too.

Glad the surgery went well for you! Hope you are still doing fine. I'm at home and still doing okay. Getting liquids in is harder than I thought it would be. Mostly because my drinking sensation has changed a little but also my sense of taste has changed. I got a little breathing device for exercise. Apparently I like to hold my breath in recovery. I remember being yelled at, "deep breaths, Lisa" over and over. lol So, now I have my little device.

Are you at the hotel yet? Hope you have continued to have a good recovery.

How are the rest of you doing? Would love updates.

Im making it through ok, the hunger is much more in my head as a sort of spacey feeling rather than in my stomach. Im working on getting enough calories in. I made a Decaf tea latte with fairlife milk which was nice. I was missing coffee!

On 12/29/2022 at 10:40 AM, cici88 said:

I went in for my surgery yesterday at 12:45. Waking up was a bear. I was in a lot of pain for a very short time and they quickly got it under control. I slept pretty good last night.

Getting my fluids in is taking some getting used to. They want me to do 2 oz every 15 minutes. I tried to introduce Boost and my stomach told me that wasn't hopping today. Lol

Overall, I feel surprisingly well for having surgery. I asked for an abdominal binder, and it has helped me tremendously.

Happy Healing!

15 hours ago, Lisa XO said:

Glad the surgery went well for you! Hope you are still doing fine. I'm at home and still doing okay. Getting liquids in is harder than I thought it would be. Mostly because my drinking sensation has changed a little but also my sense of taste has changed. I got a little breathing device for exercise. Apparently I like to hold my breath in recovery. I remember being yelled at, "deep breaths, Lisa" over and over. lol So, now I have my little device.

Are you at the hotel yet? Hope you have continued to have a good recovery.

How are the rest of you doing? Would love updates.

Haha no way, I remember being tapped a lot while they were waking me up, actually, so strange how little you remember!

I am still at the hospital right now, staying here for 4 nights total and then tomorrow I'll move to the hotel for 2 nights. They are really looking after me, which is a big help when you travel solo!

I had Water and sugar free apple juice yesterday, and now today I have lactose free milk and some drinkable yogurt. My tummy's not ready for the yogurt, it seems, so milk and water it is! The milk seems very sweet, I wonder is it my taste buds or is the milk here just different?! 🤷

5 hours ago, 321cathy said:

Im making it through ok, the hunger is much more in my head as a sort of spacey feeling rather than in my stomach. Im working on getting enough calories in. I made a Decaf tea latte with fairlife milk which was nice. I was missing coffee!

Ohhh tea sounds amazing, looking forward to that stage! I will miss coffee too, once I get home, dreaming of some vanilla Protein milk in a decaff latte... All in good time! 😋

5 hours ago, PNWgrandma said:

I went in for my surgery yesterday at 12:45. Waking up was a bear. I was in a lot of pain for a very short time and they quickly got it under control. I slept pretty good last night.

Getting my fluids in is taking some getting used to. They want me to do 2 oz every 15 minutes. I tried to introduce Boost and my stomach told me that wasn't hopping today. Lol

Overall, I feel surprisingly well for having surgery. I asked for an Abdominal binder, and it has helped me tremendously.

Happy Healing!

I hear you, waking up was the weirdest sensation ever. What is boost, exactly?

When you say tummy binder, do you mean a tablet or like a garment you wear?

Glad you got some sleep! It's the best thing to wake up rested 😁