Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where Is The Connecticut Band Fam

I'm still in the hospital, since Wednesday. Just had a second chest xray and hope to be home tomorrow. God I've been so sick. I've had loose stool for days...like 15 times a day, did anyone else have this problem? Their acting like this isn't unusual. I'm so frustrated and hungry. I eat and it comes out. (if you call drinking chicken broth eating) Can't wait to get out of here!!!

Sharon :o:eek::tongue::):sneaky:

sharona, Sorry you've had problems. Hopefully they are resolving and you'll be home soon. Antibiotics can upset the stomach, so maybe that was the problem?

check in with us again soon.

well I'm finally home!!! Thank goodness. Now what to eat...feel likt I'm eating not enough. Had a Protein Drink, and chicken broth and some yogurt thinned out. I certainly am not hungry and do feel full quickly. Worried about getting enough Protein in. I do feel better and I have stopped "pooping" as they've put me on immodium...thank goodness. Thank you Ct. Man for being around very late last night while I was feeling sorry for myself. I have to miss yet another week of work...I just started this job in October and was out for a weeks vacation (which was planned prior to hire) then came home and got sick with bronchitis and out for another 6 days and now I can't go back to work until the Monday after easter which will not be another8 days....thanks goodness they like me. I don't have any time which is fine $$$ wise but feel like it will take forever to get it accumulated again. We have a new grandchild coming in September....and I'll be slim for the event....yeah!!!! Thank God its over. (or just beginning).....thank you all for your support and prayers....I'm so glad I met you all...

sharon;):thumbup::wink2::biggrin2::thumbup::tt2::rolleyes::thumbup::thumbup:

Shortgal told me about the CT section. I am scheduled for sugery 4/22/08 and am scared and elated at the same time. Dr. Ehrlich is my surgeon and I need support and guidance. Right now I am worried about the 2 wk liquid pre op. Do the Optifast shakes taste good? Anyone know??? :biggrin:

Shortgal told me about the CT section. I am scheduled for sugery 4/22/08 and am scared and elated at the same time. Dr. Ehrlich is my surgeon and I need support and guidance. Right now I am worried about the 2 wk liquid pre op. Do the Optifast shakes taste good? Anyone know??? :biggrin:

You found us! Can't help on the pre-op diet. I saw Dr.Ehrlich about seven months before I had surgey and their pre-op was different then. Low calorie Atkins type. But after surgery, I used the Atkins shakes once I passed the clear liquid stage.

Have you seen the nutritionist yet? If not, they will give you lists of foods for each stage of eating. I would suggest you try a few of the post op shakes to see what you like before surgery.

They recommend the Isopure for the CLEAR liquid stage and some people do not like the taste. I don't mind them and still drink them if I need to get more Protein in. They have lots of flavors. And if I drink just half the bottle I get 20 gms of protein for only 80 calories.

Check out a GNC store ( Trumbull Mall) or a Vitamin Shoppe ( Milford across from the Mall).

I'm sure others from the Ct group will check in and say Hi as well.

welcome to our group!!! Our Ct. Man just had his surgery on 3/4 so he will be a great resource for you. I just had my surgery on 3/12 and had a little complication unrelated to the surgery. Having asthma I got pneumonia post op then loose stools from the antibiotics. The surgery wasn't a problem, little pain, had gas for one day and that was it. I'm now home and feel great. Having a little difficulty with the post op diet in that I am hungry but trying to stay on the high Protein Drinks. But have had some Soups and yogurt. You'll do fine....This is a great blog and everyone is very supportive. I agree with shortgal go to the GNC store they have great choices and convenient take to work drinks for your preop diet. Mine was for 10 days and had the option of Protein drinks, and one yogurt a day and 1/2 cup of cottage cheese so that was good. I think its good to have the preop diet to prepare you for the not eating thing after surgery. Good luck and welcome!!! Now work on your ticker...

sharon:):(:biggrin:

Welcome CTcutie,

The Optifiast shakes are good, better than I expected...chocolate was my favorite. Dr Craig Floch was my doctor from the same pratice..they're great. Good Luck on all your pre-op testing and your surgery.

the preop diet really isn't bad. can't say I was "good" all the time but went back on track. lost 8 lbs and the doctor was happy with that and stated that the surgery went well because of decreasing my fat intake. i did multiple different Protein drinks i got from the GNC shoppe, Optifast is good but you need a script to get it. my docor allowed me to have 1/2 cup of cottage cheese a day and a cup of yogurt so I didn't feel so bad. the first three days are the worst then you actually feel good and not hungry. You'll be fine...your feeling what you should feel we have all been there and this site helped us all get through each day at a time.

hang in there....its an exciting time

sharon;)

Sharona,

Glad to hear you are feeling better. Thanks for your support, words of wisdom and encouragement. I hope when my day comes I will be as strong as you were. Be blessed!

Welcome CTcutie,

The Optifiast shakes are good, better than I expected...chocolate was my favorite. Dr Craig Floch was my doctor from the same pratice..they're great. Good Luck on all your pre-op testing and your surgery.

Thanks for the tip on the shakes and the warm welcome. It is very much appreciated. Congratulations on your weight loss and I intend to follow your path very soon. :lol:

Hey Ct Bandsisters,

I hope all are healing and loosing well.

Today is my 2wk. preop and all is going great. The gas is almost completely gone. I still have a black and blue that is fading on my stomach and the sites are healing well but itchy. I'm walking everyday and joining the gym next Fri.

CTcutie welcome to the fam. This site and especially this spot is full of the most supportive people you could ever meet.

The Optifast shakes are good. I cheated 1 day and lost 15 lbs in 2wks.

The chocolate was my favorite but they are all good. Ffld County Bariatrics are the best. Dr. Ehrlich was excellent to me. They kept me well informed and I researched a lot before I even went to the initial seminar. Surgery was a breeze and post op hasn't been bad at all. Good luck and remember you can do all things through HIM that gives you strength. Blessings to all of you ~ Chris = CTman

PS. SHARONA - I made some changes just for u !!!

OH my God that is a fabulous "manly" ticker...proud of you Chris(hahaha)...I can't believe the amount of weight youve lost...you guys always lose faster then women...I am one week out now and doing better. I have an appt on 3/27 and can't say I'm hungry if I drink my Protein. Sometimes I feel the restriction and sometimes I don't. I haven't even thought about exercising, but I do have a gym membership. I think I'll give myself a few months, start walking when the weather is better and move from there. I'm so proud of our accomplishments. Chris you're such an inspiration to us all, so glad I found the group. Now Ct.Cutie....you have time to process the changes prior to your surgery. I find the time it takes to get through this is helpful...My bruising is still there but I am healed...hey Chris did you get the "superglue" closing? I think it works great

I went back to work today 1/2 day....came home and slept from 2:30 to 6:30....I just have no time left at work since I just started in October and have been sick and hospitalized twice and had a planned vacation for one week....I'l be working for a long time to play catch up for our pending grandchild in September. Here's to a great summer.

Sharon:)

I'm new to the website- I've been doing the liquid diet -go for my surgery on Monday!!! My husband is also going for the surgery the same day- of course he has lost more than me this week!! The hardest is being at home with the kids, and making meals for them. It is easier when I am at work and keeping busy. Today and tomorrow will be hard. Easter will be very hard, but I vbout my kids candy that I don't like. No Easter ham, no Easter peeps, etc....

Thats o.k. I am trying to keep busy and clean the house so by tomorrow my whole house should be spotless!!!