Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Protein - how to keep track

I track everything I eat and drink in MyFitnessPal. It calculates all the macros for you.

I track everything I eat and drink in MyFitnessPal. It calculates all the macros for you.

I tried that one and it requires you to add in how much Protein, is that right?
I thought there'd be an app that automatically calculates the protein

Sent from my SM-S908E using BariatricPal mobile app

5 hours ago, elesir8 said:

I tried that one and it requires you to add in how much Protein, is that right?

Only if you're adding foods that aren't already in the database. (Most are -- it's just a matter of finding them.)

You may have to play around with the settings to get it to show more easily. It's easier if you have the premium subscription, but I know you can do it without that. Their support team is really good, so if you can't figure it out, reach out to them. Here you can see that the grams of Protein for each meal is listed but if you click on each food you can see it. If you scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on "nutrition" it will show you the macros and micronutrients for the day so far.

MFP.thumb.png.140dd8f3d638bb85f14390861d02ce34.png

I use the Web version because I'm mostly on my laptop, so it always shows up there. I only use the cell phone app version when I'm away from home and eating something that's off plan, so I won't forget to add it when I get home. However, you can see the Protein there (on the app version) if you scroll to the bottom of the food diary page and click on "Nutrition" (it gives you the whole breakdown).

and yes - there are thousands of items in the database - and those would all include the protein in them. I almost never have to add anything manually.

Edited by catwoman7