Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Aw I saw you had just posted and I was hoping it was this. Well done for keeping your sanity! :99_muscle:

Meanwhile I GAINED two pounds this week. Not the first gain and I suspect not the last, but irritating. I will borrow your zen for a few days...

38 minutes ago, Spinoza said:

Meanwhile I GAINED two pounds this week. Not the first gain and I suspect not the last, but irritating. I will borrow your zen for a few days...

Oh geez lol There was no zen. There was "try super hard not to throw the scale of the balcony" LOL But I'm sure you'll get those pesky pounds off in no time.

Ugh, same here. Week two and I lost nothing. I started freaking out because I thought it was too soon! I’m still on the puréed stage. Surgery was May 17th. Still in the back of my head I keep thinking something is wrong because I have had no issues with anything but the surgeon just told me to trust the process so I’m trying to stay positive.

I just hit my third week stall and I’m kinda meh about it. Thanks to this thread, i am taking the zen approach that it will happen (stalls) and i just need to channel my energy into something else (walking, getting outside to work on my garden, playing with my dog) instead of obsessing. I used to obsess all the time when i did weight watchers and the stupid scale wouldn’t move. I’m just grateful i was able to have the surgery and take a new approach to life.

Plus the warmth and sunshine has come to Connecticut and I’m enjoying it!

On 5/26/2022 at 12:22 PM, redhead_che said:

I’m telling you, if I weigh in Monday and it’s still 272 I’m throwing a brick at it. 🧱 272 has become my enemy 🤣

That’s the same weight I’m stalled at too! 🤣 it’s driving me nuts! 🤪

To be fair ... also consider the fact of being a woman, for those that are. Our bodies are completely different from men biologically. Due to things our bodies do that men don't, our weight can readily fluctuate from day to day. Water weight, menstruation, stressors - just to name a few - can affect our weight loss/gain even with something as restricting as bariatric surgery.

The weight comes off differently from women compared to men as well. Men don't plateau as often or as long typically either. Being a woman comes with a whole different scope of resistance that we have to battle through to get the same results.

Just stick with it and, as stated, if weighing less often is better for you personally to see a bigger picture of loss then do that. It doesn't hurt anything.

Edit: Another thing that could help is to fluctuate your caloric intake. If you steadily take in 500 calories, your body will adjust to living on that 500 calories. Meaning suddenly. you aren't burning more than you're taking in. This is why most calorie restricting diets do not work long-term.

Edit2: Along with changing up caloric intake, adjusting how much you're burning as well can help. You just have to not let your body get set into a routine and get comfortable.

Edited by daynuhlicious

I'm so frustrated. I lost 30 pounds the first 2 weeks after surgery. Then I hit a stall for 2 weeks. Lost 5 pounds when the stall broke, and then literally lost nothing else. Stayed at that weight for a week, and now I'm gaining weight!!!!! I don't understand it. I bought a food scale and I weigh everything. I check the labels on everything to make sure Protein is high and carbs and fats are low. I work out once, sometimes twice, a day. I never have restriction, so I make sure to set alarms for when I can eat so I don't graze or eat too much (I eat 3 meals and 1 snack per day). I'm always hungry, but I do my best to ignore it and stick to the diet and eating schedule. I did a journal of what I eat and I sent it to my dietician and she said "it looks good, you're doing what you're supposed to. It might be that you have PCOS and it's holding on to your weight and even putting some back on. We see this a lot in PCOS patients." Wait....what???

I lost 100 pounds in 8 months on Keto, but I can't lose more than 30 with WLS??? And it took 2 months before the weight came back with keto, but I can't even make it to 6 weeks post op before the weight starts coming back with WLS??? I went down from a size 30 in clothing to a size 22 before the weight came back with keto. I haven't gone down any clothing sizes with WLS and my clothes are still fitting pretty much the same (I've gained 6 pounds back from the 30 I lost).

I can drink as much as I want, eat anything I want, don't have to eat slow because there's no restriction and nothing to make me slow down, I could only eat 1/3 of a burger a week or so ago, now I can eat a whole one with no issues and not quite feel comfortable yet (I still stop, even though I'm still hungry). I know everyone says my stomach is still healing, but I never lost my hunger hormone, I never had food aversion, I never really had any restriction. After the first 2 weeks (my stomach was still very sensitive and I had to crush pills and be careful what I ate because PAIN), I never had any other ANYTHING that would even indicate I had surgery. Literally nothing has changed.

So I follow the diet, weigh my food, eat only at my designated times, work out, journal what I eat, stay hungry, gain weight back, and basically just live miserably every day.

1 hour ago, SleeveDiva2022 said:

I'm so frustrated. I lost 30 pounds the first 2 weeks after surgery. Then I hit a stall for 2 weeks. Lost 5 pounds when the stall broke, and then literally lost nothing else. Stayed at that weight for a week, and now I'm gaining weight!!!!! I don't understand it. I bought a food scale and I weigh everything. I check the labels on everything to make sure Protein is high and carbs and fats are low. I work out once, sometimes twice, a day. I never have restriction, so I make sure to set alarms for when I can eat so I don't graze or eat too much (I eat 3 meals and 1 snack per day). I'm always hungry, but I do my best to ignore it and stick to the diet and eating schedule. I did a journal of what I eat and I sent it to my dietician and she said "it looks good, you're doing what you're supposed to. It might be that you have PCOS and it's holding on to your weight and even putting some back on. We see this a lot in PCOS patients." Wait....what???

I lost 100 pounds in 8 months on Keto, but I can't lose more than 30 with WLS??? And it took 2 months before the weight came back with Keto, but I can't even make it to 6 weeks post op before the weight starts coming back with WLS??? I went down from a size 30 in clothing to a size 22 before the weight came back with keto. I haven't gone down any clothing sizes with WLS and my clothes are still fitting pretty much the same (I've gained 6 pounds back from the 30 I lost).

I can drink as much as I want, eat anything I want, don't have to eat slow because there's no restriction and nothing to make me slow down, I could only eat 1/3 of a burger a week or so ago, now I can eat a whole one with no issues and not quite feel comfortable yet (I still stop, even though I'm still hungry). I know everyone says my stomach is still healing, but I never lost my hunger hormone, I never had food aversion, I never really had any restriction. After the first 2 weeks (my stomach was still very sensitive and I had to crush pills and be careful what I ate because PAIN), I never had any other ANYTHING that would even indicate I had surgery. Literally nothing has changed.

So I follow the diet, weigh my food, eat only at my designated times, work out, journal what I eat, stay hungry, gain weight back, and basically just live miserably every day.

why on earth are you eating burgers this early after surgery?????, you are not following the plan. you are meant to eat slowly, don't eat burgers or fries or anything like that. What are you drinking ? I suspect that could be a source of uncounted calories too. As I said before just because you can doesn't mean you should . for this to work you have to stick to the plan once you are 6 months out and lost most of your weight then you can play around with it a bit but while you are drinking and eat what you want and as much as you want its not going to work.

Edited by SleeverSk

@SleeveDiva2022.

One word: Perspective. You’ve lost 26 net lbs in 6 weeks. That is a good amount. The glory of losing 15 lbs a week those 2 first weeks is just not sustainable. You were actually above the curve those first weeks. But really, it all evens out in the end for everyone. So long as we stick to plan and make intelligent adjustments along the way, we’ll lose weight. And yes, some at faster/slower rates than others.

I know it probably feels like its over and that this is all the weight you are destined to lose, but frankly its just not true (if u stick to it). And basically impossible (so long as u stick to it).

So another word for you as well: Patience.

Good Luck! ❤️

3 hours ago, SleeverSk said:

why on earth are you eating burgers this early after surgery?????, you are not following the plan. you are meant to eat slowly, don't eat burgers or fries or anything like that. What are you drinking ? I suspect that could be a source of uncounted calories too. As I said before just because you can doesn't mean you should . for this to work you have to stick to the plan once you are 6 months out and lost most of your weight then you can play around with it a bit but while you are drinking and eat what you want and as much as you want its not going to work.

Homemade burgers. I was told I can since I'm a couple of days from 6 weeks out. I don't eat fries or Pasta or breads or any of that. I don't eat sweets. I drink black tea, green tea, Protein Water, my Protein Shake in the morning (has caffeine), sugar free juice, flavored water.

4 hours ago, SleeveDiva2022 said:

Homemade burgers. I was told I can since I'm a couple of days from 6 weeks out. I don't eat fries or Pasta or breads or any of that. I don't eat sweets. I drink black tea, green tea, Protein Water, my Protein Shake in the morning (has caffeine), sugar free juice, flavored water.

So you are just eating a home made " burger patty" without all the trimmings such as the bun the cheese the sauce etc etc 🍔? If that's the case maybe don't say you are eating a whole burger because we all imagine a big burger if it is just the patty say a meat patty , big difference what people picture in their minds. If that is the case my apologies I pictured a person chowing down on a big burger 🍔 with everything.

As @ms.sss said it all evens out. You lost a large amount to begin then nothing with your stall but your average is still 4lbs a week. This is a great rate of loss. You should be jumping for joy.

Don't worry about small gains. We all have a natural fluctuation. We women gain & lose just with hormonal fluctuations & Fluid retention that actually have nothing to do with our true weight & how much fat we’re carrying. Plus our bodies can be just weird & react unexpectedly. Two weeks ago I literally peed every 30-60minutes all day long & peed a lot overnight. I felt like ever drop of fluid in my body was gone yet got on the scales the next morning & weighed a pound more. I should have weighed at least a pound or two less.

Our weight loss graph is never a straight line. It zigs & zags up & down but as long as the general tend is in a downward direction you’re doing fine.

PS - have to admit I imaged you eating a giant loaded burger at first too. 😁

Edited by Arabesque

ok ssooooo I am in a Facebook group that has lots of veterans in it and one made this comment to me today and it makes sense.

"its only considered a stall if you have lost no weight for 6 consecutive weeks."

She stated that this is what her surgical team have told her and few others agreed, I kind of agree with her because I did think calling a few days or a week or 2 of no weight loss a stall especially straight after surgery was a bit soon because your body does need time to heal and adjust.

this is how the comment came about,

someone had posted about not losing weight after week 2 they were now in week 4 I chimed in and said oh yes don't worry its call the week 3 stall, there are numerous post about it in the forum I am in blah blah blah thinking I was giving good advise only to be shot down in flames. so yeah its interesting how people have a different view on what a stall is, I like this one 6 weeks no loss because your body does need time to adjust and we all know that even though the scales dont move the inches can so that needs to be considered too because you are still losing its just in inches not on the scales.