Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Recommended Posts

Sorry I was gone and didn't respond. I was on a staycation with my family for a few days. I don't know how it happened, but I dropped several pounds while I was gone. I'm mindful of what I eat. 60-80 oz of Protein per day, less than 50g of carbs and less than 50g of fat per day. I also make sure I eat half a cup or less of food per meal and weigh my food if it's not something that can be measured via a measuring cup (I make sure not to go over 3-4 oz which is what I was told I can have). I didn't do any exercise while I was gone, so I really thought I gained weight. Again, I was stunned I lost weight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel this rn. I've been stuck in between 250 and 252 for like 2 weeks now and it's so annoying. I started running to see if that helps since I wasn't getting much exercise in before. Thats also a fun experience as a bariatric patient...actually losing weight on vacay and having just as much, if not more fun that you would've consuming a bunch of stuff and gaining weight like in the pre op days haha

Sent from my SM-G975U using BariatricPal mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 5/20/2022 at 5:53 PM, SleeveDiva2022 said:

If it lasted a whole month, I would probably have a bit of a freak out.

I have not lost any weight tomorrow will be 5 full weeks. 😭

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Crisscat said:

I have not lost any weight tomorrow will be 5 full weeks. 😭

Oh wow. So did you just lose weight pre op and maybe the first week post op? Have you called your dietician? Have you tried changing up your exercise and diet at all?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, SleeveDiva2022 said:

Oh wow. So did you just lose weight pre op and maybe the first week post op? Have you called your dietician? Have you tried changing up your exercise and diet at all?

The weight showing on my time line was mostly pre op. Once I had the surgery I lost 14 additional lbs by day 9 post op. Then everything came to an abrupt stop. I battle a constant lose 1 lbs then gain it back. This has been going on the whole time (5 weeks now). I have been in the office 4 times over this and an incision that wouldnt heal come to find out it was a stitch that was sticking out. So that is finally about closed and the incision looks alot better but no more weight loss. They keep telling me not to worry but after 5 weeks I am definitely worried. I go back in the office to see the Dr and dietician on 6/20. I am actually dreading it. I cannot help but feel like a failure and boy ole boy do the mind games kick in. Today I feel defeated but I know I need to reset my way of thinking with this. I battle with Fluid intake and Protein and I have mobility issues because of my right knee.

Someone above mentioned not to let your body conform to a certain calorie intake and I think that may be what happened with me. I only get about 500-700 calories a day. Unlike you, I have no real hunger and I do have restriction and can feel it. Im not hungry all the time either, I have caught myself wanting to snoop about for something to eat and I ask myself what are you doing your not even hungry. lol

So the "tool" is there and working but my body is not wanting to let loose of the weight. Im going to look into starting with some chair exercises first to move myself more and hopefully if that helps and if weight loss starts again then maybe I can get enough off to be more mobile with walking. At best I have about 20-30 min window before the knee gives out (was told I need a knee replacement). Im a constant work in progress lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, SleeveDiva2022 said:

Sorry I was gone and didn't respond. I was on a staycation with my family for a few days. I don't know how it happened, but I dropped several pounds while I was gone. I'm mindful of what I eat. 60-80 oz of Protein per day, less than 50g of carbs and less than 50g of fat per day. I also make sure I eat half a cup or less of food per meal and weigh my food if it's not something that can be measured via a measuring cup (I make sure not to go over 3-4 oz which is what I was told I can have). I didn't do any exercise while I was gone, so I really thought I gained weight. Again, I was stunned I lost weight.

That's awesome news !!!! I was a bit concerned about you as you seem to be around most days. So happy the scales have moved for you 💓 maybe relaxing a little is the key for you. Again congratulations, you've got this !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Crisscat said:

I have not lost any weight tomorrow will be 5 full weeks. 😭

I am with you I finally crack the 70 kg to 69 only to up to 70 again 😭😭😭

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, SleeverSk said:

That's awesome news !!!! I was a bit concerned about you as you seem to be around most days. So happy the scales have moved for you 💓 maybe relaxing a little is the key for you. Again congratulations, you've got this !!

Awww thanks :) Yeah, I'm pretty active on here because I love it here. The staycation was a last minute thing, and it really worked wonders for me. I'm kinda in a weird place because I have to exercise because I have MS and have to keep moving to keep my mobility and muscles going. but when I do a lot of exercising, my weight slows down. So i have to find a happy medium to do the exercising my neurologist wants (my bariatric surgeon wants me to exercise, too) while being mindful of how my body responds to working out. I've only been doing the treadmill and exercise bike. Now I'm cleared to add cardio and working with weights. So I'm trying to figure out where the sweet spot is for everything. But at least I have the food down, finally lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Crisscat said:

The weight showing on my time line was mostly pre op. Once I had the surgery I lost 14 additional lbs by day 9 post op. Then everything came to an abrupt stop. I battle a constant lose 1 lbs then gain it back. This has been going on the whole time (5 weeks now). I have been in the office 4 times over this and an incision that wouldnt heal come to find out it was a stitch that was sticking out. So that is finally about closed and the incision looks alot better but no more weight loss. They keep telling me not to worry but after 5 weeks I am definitely worried. I go back in the office to see the Dr and dietician on 6/20. I am actually dreading it. I cannot help but feel like a failure and boy ole boy do the mind games kick in. Today I feel defeated but I know I need to reset my way of thinking with this. I battle with Fluid intake and Protein and I have mobility issues because of my right knee.

Someone above mentioned not to let your body conform to a certain calorie intake and I think that may be what happened with me. I only get about 500-700 calories a day. Unlike you, I have no real hunger and I do have restriction and can feel it. Im not hungry all the time either, I have caught myself wanting to snoop about for something to eat and I ask myself what are you doing your not even hungry. lol

So the "tool" is there and working but my body is not wanting to let loose of the weight. Im going to look into starting with some chair exercises first to move myself more and hopefully if that helps and if weight loss starts again then maybe I can get enough off to be more mobile with walking. At best I have about 20-30 min window before the knee gives out (was told I need a knee replacement). Im a constant work in progress lol

Maybe change up what you're eating. Your calories don't sound bad, but my dietician said to get 60-80g of Protein per day, less than 50g of carbs per day, and less than 50g of fats per day. She didn't say anything about counting calories. Maybe try counting the protein, carbs, and fats instead of calories. Maybe that'll help. And chair exercises sound excellent. Any additional movement is good, although I'm finding my body holds weight if I work out too much. So chair exercises might give you the movement you need to drop weight without overdoing it. If you can't eat enough food to get your protein in, drink Protein Shakes and protein Water. I also found protein gatorade that's sugar free and only has 1 carb, which helps with hydration and protein. While you should be getting your protein from food, at this point just getting it and hitting your fluid goals is more important. So definitely look into that and see if it helps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 6/15/2022 at 11:38 AM, SleeveDiva2022 said:

If you can't eat enough food to get your Protein in, drink Protein Shakes and protein Water. I also found protein gatorade that's sugar free and only has 1 carb, which helps with hydration and protein. While you should be getting your protein from food, at this point just getting it and hitting your fluid goals is more important. So definitely look into that and see if it helps.

Thank God I broke the stall after 5 weeks. It wasnt a big break through (4.6 lbs) but at this point I will take anything.

I am soooo hoping my body has broke through and doent stall out again! It drove me bonkers and I felt like such a failure. Ive had a little talk with my inner self and hopefully I just keep on going and doing what I am doing. With any luck I will continue to lose.

I think getting my fluids daily is a problem for me. when I drink to get my fluids in then I have a problem eating (too full) and vice versa. I think I need to find a happy median so I can be good on both protein and Water.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I only weigh once a week at most, sometimes every two weeks. I would drive myself nuts weighing every day, because a salty meal and I can gain 5 pounds! I learned not to do this to myself awhile back. Everyone is different, some people can handle the normal fluctuations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Trending Products

  • Trending Topics

  • Recent Status Updates

    • summerset

      Going in on Tuesday. Things are arranged (need to order a cab to the station because it's too early for a bus going there) and I'm getting more nervous by the hour.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Debbie Nichols

      No plans for surgery 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • amazingmimi

      I feel like I've finally gotten past the biggest hurdle. Surgery date is September 6th, the day after Labor Day, and yesterday I got my insurance approval letter. I've followed everything they've told me to do, and I've even lost 30 lbs on my own since hubby had to change his diet for diabetes. No worries now about having to do 4 weeks of the liver shrinking diet instead of 2. On my initial visit, if I had gained just 5lbs I would have had to do 4 weeks. It's getting closer. Just 2 more months to wait.
      · 1 reply
      1. NmMd

        Although the prep work took energy, I found the biggest hurdle was post-operative. The first 48 hrs were extremely uncomfortable. I did an overnight and trying to down the liquids, Tylenol, and especially the barium was rough. Thankfully though, I got away with only having to have 1 belly injection after surgery. Needless are not my thing.

    • Grace1234

      I am brand new to this my surgery is tentative for July 27 depending on insurance and I'll be have the Gastric Sleeve.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Pepper1

      I am looking for people to connect with that are 4-5 years out. Many of the support sights I go to are all newbies. And while I enjoyed that when i first had my surgery and found it useful, I am looking to exchange ideas with folks that are out a few years. I am slowly gaining weight back and losing my excitement. I don't want that!
      · 1 reply
      1. SleeverSk

        Maybe post in the forums. It's a more active areaI have noticed no one replies to status updates

  • Recent Topics

  • Hot Products

  • Sign Up For
    Our Newsletter

    Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

    PatchAid Vitamin Patches

    ×