Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August surgery buddies!

5 hours ago, CellieMil said:

Hi all! I'm scheduled for Aug 17 as well. Rny. Currently on my liver-shrinking diet (1 month )

Sent from my SM-G991U using BariatricPal mobile app

I am the same date! Good Luck!

Yes, I'm allowed solids. I have to replace 2 meals with shakes, and I get one Protein & veggie meal. I also get 2 Snacks (yogurt, cottage cheese, and other approved things), and unlimited veggies. I snack on cucumbers and grape tomatoes a lot. When I drink my shakes I have my yogurt or cottage cheese with it instead of making it a separate snack. So far so good, and under 1000cals/day.

Sent from my SM-G991U using BariatricPal mobile app

On 7/14/2022 at 8:17 PM, heartofmercury said:

I did my first day of liquid diet thanks to your inspiration!

It wasn't bad at all. I think you've got the right idea keeping Protein high in everything.

Sent from my SM-N986U using BariatricPal mobile app

It's kinda funny now, since I have been doing this for a couple weeks. I've lost 6 pounds so far and I feel great! I'm really surprised at how much my tummy is already shrinking. When I do eat a solid food, I'm finding that I definitely do not need as much as I used to. Starting to take the new supplements and creating the new habits are seriously helpful for me so I don't have to try and figure it all out after post-op when I'm feeling not so great and just trying to focus on healing.

On 7/17/2022 at 6:04 PM, Doodles603 said:

Anyone planning on Bone Broth for post op? Ive had a few options in my Amazon cart. 10g Protein per packet.

Of course i can make my own but i’d like some grab and go things too!

Which ones did you choose? I tried making chicken Bone Broth and it turned out good, but I might try others too.

I'm scheduled for my gastric sleeve on august the 8th. I'm exited but also nervous, quite mixed feelings...

Sent from my SM-G935F using BariatricPal mobile app

Me, too! I’m so nervous!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 7/6/2022 at 7:07 PM, karakent said:

I’m nervous, but I wish it was sooner rather than later. I’m an educator and I was only able to get it scheduled 1 week before I have to go back to work! So I’ll only have 1 week off. Is anyone here worried about going back to work? Or are you guys blessed with staying home?

I feel your pain, there. I'm a teacher as well, but fortunately, my surgery is scheduled for 8/4, so I have a couple of weeks to recover before having to head off and start herding the squirrels again. Hopefully you can have your room ready to go before surgery so you don't have to worry about too much heavy lifting before you actually have to go back. Good luck!

I am scheduled August 29th for a revision from sleeve to bypass! I start the clear liquid diet August 15th and I am beyond nervous for that! My sleeve back in 2018 required no strict diet other than drinking magnesium citrate the night before. August is such a busy year for us as well! Birthdays and the big MInnesote State Fair. I am a faithful state fair goer...and it always runs from August 25th until Labor Day. I am contemplating on going just for the walk and to keep myself busy but the smell of food will definitely torture me!

I've been reading a couple of member's liquid diets and it is far more flexible than mine. Sample menu is 4 Protein Shakes daily, 32 oz of Liquid IV, and 16 oz of regular orange juice. That is required for a daily meal. Then between is Water, broth, sugar free Jello and popsicles. I can have Decaf coffee and tea as well as sugar free drinks but a lot of sugar free drinks still has 5 calories.

Edited by jenuinelygenuinely

Hi,

Im so excited to see these forum!

My surgery is scheduled for tomorrow and im totally nervous but ready! After trying so many diets in my young life and gaining right back made me grateful that we have these options today.

On the pre opt diet i lost already 7 lbs and waiting to lose more with this amazing tool of the sleeve.

This forum is so super helpful! looking forward to walk this journey together with so many people.

10 hours ago, jenuinelygenuinely said:

I am scheduled August 29th for a revision from sleeve to bypass! I start the clear liquid diet August 15th and I am beyond nervous for that! My sleeve back in 2018 required no strict diet other than drinking magnesium citrate the night before. August is such a busy year for us as well! Birthdays and the big MInnesote State Fair. I am a faithful state fair goer...and it always runs from August 25th until Labor Day. I am contemplating on going just for the walk and to keep myself busy but the smell of food will definitely torture me!

I've been reading a couple of member's liquid diets and it is far more flexible than mine. Sample menu is 4 Protein Shakes daily, 32 oz of Liquid IV, and 16 oz of regular orange juice. That is required for a daily meal. Then between is Water, broth, sugar free Jello and popsicles. I can have Decaf coffee and tea as well as sugar free drinks but a lot of sugar free drinks still has 5 calories.

I'm scheduled for Aug. 2nd. My Birthday is next week and our state fair is a week and a half after surgery. So I 100% feel your pain there. I've decided I wasn't going to let that get to me though because I know it will all be worth it "sacrificing" all the delicious food for this next chapter of my life. My pre-teen daughter had a group of friends over this past weekend and decided to order in pizza, I made sure to order enough that they would eat every last bite and no leftovers sitting out. Cake is gonna look like sugar-free popsicles this year and as far as the state fair I think I'll be ok. I'm not really craving sweets or any "bad" food really... I'd honestly really like some grilled chicken or something other than what I'm continuously eating in the last week. This has been such a mind game. But thankfully I have my daughter to help me laugh it off and humor my way out of and food-loss depression I may have.

On 07/24/2022 at 22:26, jenuinelygenuinely said:

Oh my goodness. The ONLY thing I remember about the Minnesota State Fair is the delicious food! My heart goes out to you. But you can do this! Just keep moving through it and if you can’t skip it (which would probably be the easiest thing) then make sure you pack your Water and maybe bring a shake with you!

These pre-op diets are so different! I’m surprised you get orange juice. You’re the first person I’ve seen mention that, as part of their pre-op. Maybe you can also pack a little container of orange juice as well. Instead if a purse just carry a little lunch tote w/ ice packs to keep it all cool. Minnesota in August is HOT! I know I did the liquid diet when I got my band put in, but its been over 10 years since then, so I don’t remember how I made it through. I’m praying for you and hope it goes smoother than you imagine.

On 07/24/2022 at 22:40, Rechele said:

Hi,

Im so excited to see these forum!

My surgery is scheduled for tomorrow and im totally nervous but ready! After trying so many diets in my young life and gaining right back made me grateful that we have these options today.

On the pre opt diet i lost already 7 lbs and waiting to lose more with this amazing tool of the sleeve.

This forum is so super helpful! looking forward to walk this journey together with so many people.

Good luck! Hope it all turns out well and that you have an easy and speedy recovery!

26 minutes ago, karakent said:

Oh my goodness. The ONLY thing I remember about the Minnesota State Fair is the delicious food! My heart goes out to you. But you can do this! Just keep moving through it and if you can’t skip it (which would probably be the easiest thing) then make sure you pack your Water and maybe bring a shake with you!

These pre-op diets are so different! I’m surprised you get orange juice. You’re the first person I’ve seen mention that, as part of their pre-op. Maybe you can also pack a little container of orange juice as well. Instead if a purse just carry a little lunch tote w/ ice packs to keep it all cool. Minnesota in August is HOT! I know I did the liquid diet when I got my band put in, but its been over 10 years since then, so I don’t remember how I made it through. I’m praying for you and hope it goes smoother than you imagine.

Thank you so much love! Yes it is going to be soooo hard! That is such a great idea!! I will definitely pack a lunch tote.

I am doing my surgery at mayo Clinic and they said the pre-op diet was introduced again this year. I'm almost wondering if the orange juice is to break the weakness of having low blood sugar. When I heard others can have lean meat and non-starchy veggies I was surprised! These diets are crazy different. Thank you for the prayers!

1 hour ago, SHORTY_ said:

I'm scheduled for Aug. 2nd. My Birthday is next week and our state fair is a week and a half after surgery. So I 100% feel your pain there. I've decided I wasn't going to let that get to me though because I know it will all be worth it "sacrificing" all the delicious food for this next chapter of my life. My pre-teen daughter had a group of friends over this past weekend and decided to order in pizza, I made sure to order enough that they would eat every last bite and no leftovers sitting out. Cake is gonna look like sugar-free popsicles this year and as far as the state fair I think I'll be ok. I'm not really craving sweets or any "bad" food really... I'd honestly really like some grilled chicken or something other than what I'm continuously eating in the last week. This has been such a mind game. But thankfully I have my daughter to help me laugh it off and humor my way out of and food-loss depression I may have.

You got this!! You're almost there!! I might have to separate myself from my family until I get through the pre-op. We have about 8 birthdays this August and it will have to be zoom calls. LOL Tell your family you will need a birthday party planned for after your post-op phase. When I had the sleeve we had a picnic type thing and they were serving root beer floats, I opted in getting diet root beer with ice cream. I was literally on the floor in the bathroom from dumping syndrome. It was the worse feeling! It truly is a mind game! I did a liquid diet last month but not a clear liquid diet and I was already feeling tortured.