Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Insurance Requirement Anxiety

Hey, so I am in the early process of the getting the sleeve done. I have two more "supervised weight loss" appointments and my anxiety is through the roof. As a requirement for my insurance, I cannot gain any weight. I go next week for my weigh in and obsessing over it. I was down 8 pounds, and now I am down 5 pounds, but I still have six days to go. And then I cannot gain any weight from the previous weigh in. Anyone else feel stressed about this requirement? The whole point of the surgery is because we cannot lose weight easily or even maintain the weight. Any advice?

My doctor told me that that was not going to be an issue for the approval when I was getting it. These preliminary things are just a loophole you have to jump through to get the surgery. I seriously doubt the Doctor is going to submit for approval if he thinks it will be rejected. I am sure he or she will make it work to get it approved. I think the point the insurance company makes is discipline. Why spend 20K to give someone surgery who does not have the determination to keep the weight off or get the weight off.

My doctor told me that that was not going to be an issue for the approval when I was getting it. These preliminary things are just a loophole you have to jump through to get the surgery. I seriously doubt the Doctor is going to submit for approval if he thinks it will be rejected. I am sure he or she will make it work to get it approved. I think the point the insurance company makes is discipline. Why spend 20K to give someone surgery who does not have the determination to keep the weight off or get the weight off.

36 minutes ago, Tony B - NJ said:

Very true, thanks for lessening my anxiety a little lol. And I have been dieting and changing the way I eat, so it shouldn't even be an issue anyways, but I am a worrier anyways. Thank you

Stress will do weird things to your body and I am convinced it will make you retain Water. Just be calm and be kind to yourself. Eat really healthy, Protein and salad with low cal dressing. Protein and non carby veg. Its boring but you cant fail. You haven't far to go now . Good luck and let us know how you get on