Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Over 2 mo po and stalled

Hey all..

I was sleeved 12/1 HW 432 SW 416 and current weight fluctuates between 378 and 370.

Im not losing inches or pounds. I have multiple chronic illnesses, including PCOS. Goals consistently met, following plan. Its been almost a month and a half stalled. Ive tried everything- sugar, alcohol, carbs, Protein. Cannot workout due to POTS, so doing what I can at home. Frustrated beyond belief.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using BariatricPal mobile app

I had revion from VBG to RNY 12/3. SW 230. CW 205. Im having the exact same issues you are. The more I read I am noticing that many bariatric patients say stalls happen alot. Dont worry. Youve done very well for 9 weeks post opp. Be happy for yourself!

Edited by Mo'Nique

Because your stall is longer than the usual 1-3 weeks duration, have a chat with your dietician & review your food choices, portion sizes etc. Do you measure & track everything you eat? It can be easy to over or underestimate, misunderstand your plan or include a food that’s not the best option. Sometimes a small tweak is all that’s needed to your food intake or your activity. You could be fighting against your other health concerns & any meds you may be taking too.

Don't give up though. It may take you a little longer but it’s not a competition.

All the best.

Unfortunately stalls are a reality. If your stall lasts more than 3 weeks, it's time to revisit your portion sizes, Protein intake, and monitoring everything you put into your mouth. If you still are stalled after 5 weeks and you're doing everything to the letter, you should consult the nutritionist at your surgeon's office.

That is a long stall but I have seen others on here that have had them. If you are measuring and logging everything it can’t hurt to check in with your nutritionist and see if they can see something you are missing but if you are following plan the stall will break and most likely when it does you will drop a few pounds right away.

I lost such a lot of weight really quickly because of vomiting and my calorie intake was very low. About 200 to 300 cals a day. I couldnt make any Protein or Water goals. So I had a 5 week stall. Its frustrating. Now I am eating more calories and much more protein and reach my water quota, things are moving downwards again.

Yup. I'm one of those on here who was/is in a longer stall. I weighed in at 241.2 on Oct 25th then nothing for months!!! I would hover above that lowest number for months, just like you. Somewhere between 5 and 7 lbs over. I finally contacted my nutritionist in December and provided her my food logs and she said that I was being very inconsistent with my Protein and was making a few other mistakes too. So she had me stick to around 800 cals, 50 grams of carbs and keep my Water intake up. So I did what she suggested (although some days I go up to around 1200 cals a day and a lil over the carbs but never over 75 grams) and the scale finally did move and I lost another 5 lbs. But I'm sorta at a stall again but I personally think the problem is due to lack of exercise now (since I'm still eating/drinking the same). I did none the entire month of January as my time was occupied fixing up my shed into a home gym. But I also think, for me, upping my protein to almost double worked too. 60-70 grams just wasn't enough and it wasn't until I upped it to double that that the scale moved again.

So yeah, if you're not logging food I highly suggest you do and then contact your nutritionist and tell her what's going on. She/he will most likely be able to see where you're making mistakes and help you fix and adjust them. Best of luck!