Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Someone who hadn't seen me for a year....

You know how sometimes it's difficult to see progress? I had lunch with a friend today who moved out of state a year ago. Her response to my weight loss felt so good to me. She was floored...and gushing. What a great way to put things in context. I keep looking at the last pounds I have to lose and forgetting to be grateful...or even notice...the pounds:whoo: I've already lost!

WAY TO GO!! You have come soooo far ! I think you should "eat" that gushing slowly.......lol

Funny you should mention a drivers license. Mine expires next month, so I just went in yesterday. I'll be interested to see how the photos compare.

A few weeks ago a neighbor guy wanted to say something to me, and didn't know how to address weight with a woman, I guess. He did it well. He said,"You're looking so fit!"

Betsy, that's wonderful! I totally relate...all I could see for the past few weeks was how far I have to go...and forgot that I USED to look at people my size and think..."If I could just look like THAT I could be happy". Funny! Anyway, I decided to enjoy my progress and be thrilled with where I am now.

I'll be seeing friends I haven't seen in a year at christmas...can't wait to see the AH! factor!!!

OH, and the drivers license...I lost mine, got a new one at 220 lbs...then, last week, I found the old 285 lbs one...OMG!!!! I couldn't BELIEVE the difference!!! You won't either! :)

Betsy,

I've fallen off the bandwagon in a HUGE way. I haven't lost a thing in three months and have gained and lost the same ten pounds in that time.

A dear friend who moved away a year ago is coming back to town the first week in January and doggone it, I want more weight off before I see her. She knows nothing about the surgery, and I don't plan on telling her. I'll be curious to see if she notices I've lost weight or not.

Thank you for this thread, it may help motivate me to get back on track!

FaithMD....I've had my plateaus too. I'm amazed that the band will hold my weight while it's waiting for me to figure out how to get my act together. Before, that gaining and losing of 10 pounds would have been a steady gain!

Do you know how you're off the wagon? Usually I know. Once I had to keep a food journal for just a day to realize how out of balance my protein/carbs/fat/calories were.

That is so awesome! I can't wait to look forward to seeing people I haven't seen in awhile rather than being afraid of seeing them.

starryeyed

I think a big part of my being off track is I stopped food journaling, that and a few other things. Yep, I know what I'm doing wrong and have no one to blame but me, but I just can't seem to get back on track. I'm hoping a few things I've read (including your post) as well as me coming to terms with the fact that I can't do it alone, I need the band, that's why I got the band and it's really okay to get it filled (I have no fill other than the OR fill, I do feel a soft stop, I do get "satisfied" after about 1/2-1cup of food). But I can't stop, I gotta work on that!