Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nausea, need suggestions.

backstory: I was sleeved 9/14, left hospital with midline because i couldn't handle fluids. midline was taken out week 2, then week 3 i ended up in the hospital for a week with severe dehydration, was sent home on a picc line. picc line was taken out around week 8 because i was finally able to handle 40-50oz of gatorade zero/vitamin Water (cant handle regular water) and 2 Protein Shakes, and then eventually i could handle about 1oz of soft/puree food. this was until about a week ago when the nausea came back, currently taking 12mg of zofran a day because of it (not all at once). it's been getting worse since last week and now im basically back on Clear Liquids and even that is giving me ridiculous nausea. I'm also on 80mg of pantoprazole. I talk to the PA and dietician on alternating weeks over zoom. I am going in person this week. I might also go get a second opinion. No imaging or tests have been done to rule out any causes. They basically have given me no answers as to why this is happening.

does anyone have any ideas or suggestions as to why this is happening or what to do?

has anyone gone through anything similar?

i feel so helpless at this point. I don't know what to do.

I dealt with chronic nausea as well. After a while I noticed it was triggered more by if I waited too long to eat or if I ate too much. In addition to prescription anti-nausea I started taking two ginger root pills a day to supplement when the nausea got really bad and the ginger root helped sooooo much! It's still my go-to when I get nauseous.

You must feel terrible and wonder what you would have done if you knew this was on the cards for you. With out hindsight we are blind to the path we tread. I really feel your pain and helplessness. You have suffered long enough

I do think you need a second opinion and some imagining and tests. Even if its to put your own mind at ease.

I hope your luck and health change soon

I thought you would be interested that I found through my Pantoprazole packaging information of the Common Pantoprazole side effects may include the following:

Headache, dizziness

stomach pain, gas, NAUSEA, VOMITING, diarrhea

joint pain or

fever, rash, or cold symptoms (most common in children)

I hope this can help you out. I bet some of the nausea you’re experiencing could be from the 80mg of Pantoprazole.

I'm so sorry you're dealing with this. I'm suffering from intermittent nausea in the last few weeks, but nothing like what you're dealing with. For me, if I eat a cracker or some cream of wheat, it helps a bit, as does diet soda, slightly flat. I had surgery the day before you.

Good luck!

10 hours ago, Lifestyle Changer said:

I thought you would be interested that I found through my Pantoprazole packaging information of the Common Pantoprazole side effects may include the following:

Headache, dizziness

stomach pain, gas, NAUSEA, VOMITING, diarrhea

joint pain or

fever, rash, or cold symptoms (most common in children)

I hope this can help you out. I bet some of the nausea you’re experiencing could be from the 80mg of Pantoprazole.

honestly i'm still getting GERD symptoms while on it so im afraid of the pain if i stop taking it

i'm going to ask my doctor thought thank you i didn't even realize that

On 12/16/2021 at 12:11 AM, NovaLuna said:

I dealt with chronic nausea as well. After a while I noticed it was triggered more by if I waited too long to eat or if I ate too much. In addition to prescription anti-nausea I started taking two ginger root pills a day to supplement when the nausea got really bad and the ginger root helped sooooo much! It's still my go-to when I get nauseous.

do you know what dose you took/take?

19 minutes ago, lindseylovesdogs said:

do you know what dose you took/take?

They're 550mg per pill.