Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

American Idol '08

smatyas

MissyGordon: That's a good point about the kids vs. the adults and who they're familiar with. But I was talking about the fact that Mylie and Billy are well aware of each other and in that way it seemed a little "too" cute for me. I'm not easily amused, I guess. On the other hand, it's a good thing they don't depend on me for funny or meaningful dialogue on TV shows. I'm sure I'd write something even less entertaining. :wink2:

Ha ha! I'll admit, I am pretty easily amused! Doesn't take much to make me laugh.

In fact, just last night, our puppy was chasing another dog around a tree.....laughed my ass off! LOL ;)

It's all good!

Since when did watching American Idol mean going to church? This song they are singing right now is ridiculous. If this has anything to do with Idol gives back, since when do you need to be a religious person to "give back." They should just be focusing on all they have accomplished...

Since when did watching American Idol mean going to church? This song they are singing right now is ridiculous. If this has anything to do with Idol gives back, since when do you need to be a religious person to "give back." They should just be focusing on all they have accomplished...

I agree. I can't believe the bottom 3!:redface: David A. needed to be in that group! Yeap, still hoping he get's the boot SOON. Oh and he had nerve to say he is not used to performing in front of an audience. Ummm okkkk......then what was all those people called sitting in the seats watching you at Star Search. Oh and this makes me gag....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7m9bEOZb-I0]YouTube - Happy Borthday from David Archuleta[/ame]

I agree. I can't believe the bottom 3!:redface: David A. needed to be in that group! Yeap, still hoping he get's the boot SOON. Oh and he had nerve to say he is not used to performing in front of an audience. Ummm okkkk......then what was all those people called sitting in the seats watching you at Star Search. Oh and this makes me gag....

YouTube - Happy Borthday from David Archuleta

Hahaha oh man, I used to love david a. but now I would love to see him get punched in the face. I dunno he's just getting annoying and making excuses, but I don't HATE him like I HATE KRISTY!!!!!!!! I can't believe we have to deal with her another week. I know she was decent on tuesday but that was the first time ever! I don't think they should have country singers on Idol. Didn't they have a country idol or something? go on that Kristy! I miss michael! I would have liked to see either carly or syesha go I can't believe hes gone! lol my thoughts are all over the place, I'm gonna check out the youtube link right now...

I was shocked and dismayed at the vote tonight.

Oh, and David Archuletta is sooooo freaking annoying. I can't take him anymore. How could we get rid of the hot little Aussie and keep that tiny twerp??? BIZARRE!!!

Rain

Am I the only one who thought it was rather ridiculous that Ryan felt he had to say "last year we decided not to vote off anybody in round 8".. everybody had that look of hope on their faces for one brief moment.. and then he was like, "but not this year". Why even say that at all? Sometimes I think Ryan is just a dick on purpose. He's very malicious.. He had no reason to even say that statement.

They probably did it because it was "inspirational song week". I didn't take it as meaning you have to be religious to give back. That's just me though.

I was shocked and dismayed at the vote tonight.

Oh, and David Archuletta is sooooo freaking annoying. I can't take him anymore. How could we get rid of the hot little Aussie and keep that tiny twerp??? BIZARRE!!!

Rain

LOL!!! I agree with you 100%!!

Am I the only one who thought it was rather ridiculous that Ryan felt he had to say "last year we decided not to vote off anybody in round 8".. everybody had that look of hope on their faces for one brief moment.. and then he was like, "but not this year". Why even say that at all? Sometimes I think Ryan is just a dick on purpose. He's very malicious.. He had no reason to even say that statement.

I felt really bad for Michael, when he heard Ryan say that, he looked soooo relieved for a few seconds.......then he looked soooooo disappointed. I wanted to reach through the TV and hug him! I would have been fine with either Syesha or Carly leaving, I'm not very fond of either one of them.

was featured on ER about 6-7 years ago...when Dr. Mark Green died? I don't even watch the show now, but I will never forget that episode when he passed away...makes me teary eyed to think about it to this day...

I thought that was a really cruel thing to do to Micheal as well.

I am sick of david A as well.

Kristy Lee is gaining some ground with me. She didn't act like a little brat this week and her song was really good.

As for the religous song, I thought it was beautiful. It really showcased their vocals. I don't think it says that you have to be "religous" to give back. American Idol showcases many different genres and themes of music. Whynot do a religous one as well. I rather liked it!! Lots more than Dolly's special. :sad_smile:

I'm not a David fan either, but I took his comment to mean that he had never played the Piano in front of this large of an audience. I was shocked by the votes, I really thought Syesha was gone after her comments last week with Ryan S.

I'm not a David fan either, but I took his comment to mean that he had never played the Piano in front of this large of an audience.

That's how I took it as well.

It is SO WRONG that Michael was voted off, I was completely shocked....:scared2:

I agree, it was just plain mean of Ryan to say that. He's a meaner. :sad_smile:

was featured on ER about 6-7 years ago...when Dr. Mark Green died? I don't even watch the show now, but I will never forget that episode when he passed away...makes me teary eyed to think about it to this day...

Oh my god I remember that episode! I was probably in middle school still! lol, but it definately stuck with me, I remember they went on vacation or something. Oh man.

Not only am I shocked, I am thoroughly p***$$d off!!!!!!!! I was hoping that Michael Johns would start taking names and kicking a$$! And that he would actually win the thing and I could see him more and more often.

Ryan Secrest doesn't usually make me mad, but this time he did and he also looked downright stupid for saying that. And his question to Simon if Simon thinks they got it right this time? And Simon looked at what seemed to be Carly, and said, yes I think they've finally got it. Was that just to rile us up too?

Does anybody besides me think that they are enjoying this unheaval and controversy? Like they say, "...makes for good TV!" AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHH!!!!

Everybody ought to hold out and not vote this week just to teach them a lesson. But of course we won't. People will vote even more than usual and make it an extremely profitable week.

I like David Cook, but Michael Johns is much more fascinating. If David A. wins, there's no justice in this world.

BJean- I'm with you! I think American got it wrong this week, dead wrong. It should have been Syesha IMO. Granted, it wasn't Michaels best performance, but he is soooo much better than the other 2 in the bottom. I was very mad that he was voted off!!

I agree about the David A comment too! He better not win!! Grrrrrr!

Me and my parents have a theory, (yes they watch AI too lol.) Remember when Chris Daughtry got voted off? Everyone loved him and I definately think he was the best on the show that season. Now he is super successful, BUT we think that people at home tend not to vote for the "favorites" people just assume they are going to obviously get by, they are talented and attractive and everyone loves them, so lets vote for the underdogs. We figure enough people do this and the favorites go home! Thats how people like Taylor Hicks win! (no offense, he's such a nice guy! but seriously? HE won American Idol? Come on my dad is probably more talented than him! lol) I remember when Chris got voted off, the judges and the audience were so shocked! We thought there was gonna be a riot! It was the EXACT same reaction when Micheal was voted off. My dad was like, "look at Chris Daughtry's success I hear him on the radio all the time." Hehe oh dad, but my point is I'm sure Michael has created enough of a fan base he will have success, with or without winning American Idol.