Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November Surgery Buddies!!!

On 10/27/2021 at 09:56, gmryedwards said:

Oh no[emoji17]....hoping your BP goes down sometimes it's stress,...excitement & anxiety because of your up coming surgery take it easy

Sent from my SM-N986U using BariatricPal mobile app

It was still 150/90 but he cleared me. So I guess that’s all that matters.

Hello all. I can’t believe I actually get to post in one of these threads now. I’ve been on these forums for years but haven’t had insurance that covered it. That’s finally changed! My surgery is scheduled for November 22. I have my pre op appointment on November 11th. I hope you’re all doing well and kicking butt on your pre op diets!

Hello! November 11 surgery in Austin. I am starting my pre-op diet today. 1 week “lean and green” to go into ketosis, then 1 week liquid diet.

I’m November 19th! Starting my pre op diet (she said as soon as possible) luckily I can still eat. It’s 3 Protein Shakes, 1 Protein snack, 1 fruit serving, and 1 sensible meal

I have had my surgery back November of 2019 and it feels like it was just yesterday!! I will post up a trend in the post op regarding my experience and the ups and downs if you would like to take a look. ☺️

On 10/25/2021 at 11:39 AM, ymn said:

Me too. I’m going to go ahead and start my pre op diet today. Good luck!

How are you doing on your pre-op? I am doing pretty good. I was a bit dizzy day 2, yesterday, but today I am not. It hasn't been horrible. I mean yeah I feel a little empty at times, but just keep telling myself it is only for X more days, and it is my Prep....just like for a colonoscopy only longer lol. And, I know it will be worth it. It is only going to make things easier on me. I honestly feel like a whinny butt when I get hungry. Like c'mon Robin there are tons of people that have nothing to eat every day....you can do this!! We ALL can!!!

1 hour ago, Lilypop said:

I have had my surgery back November of 2019 and it feels like it was just yesterday!! I will post up a trend in the post op regarding my experience and the ups and downs if you would like to take a look. ☺️

yes!!

7 hours ago, rturn said:

How are you doing on your pre-op? I am doing pretty good. I was a bit dizzy day 2, yesterday, but today I am not. It hasn't been horrible. I mean yeah I feel a little empty at times, but just keep telling myself it is only for X more days, and it is my Prep....just like for a colonoscopy only longer lol. And, I know it will be worth it. It is only going to make things easier on me. I honestly feel like a whinny butt when I get hungry. Like c'mon Robin there are tons of people that have nothing to eat every day....you can do this!! We ALL can!!!

I’m doing okay too. I had a headache the first couple of days. I guess due to no caffeine. It’s gone away now and I feel back to normal, other than feeling deprived. Living on Protein Shakes isn’t fun. I mixed a premier caramel shake with Decaf chai tea and it was pretty good. So far I’ve been able to resist temptations. Have you got your Vitamins yet? I’m researching the chewable vitamins and think I’ll go with those. I’ll probably order them tonight or tomorrow. The big day is coming up fast.

On 10/12/2021 at 1:12 PM, Tristenhilpert97 said:

Hey peeps,

This is my first time here and I am excited to announce that my wife and I are both having the VSG on November 8th!

We are having it in Columbia, Mo with Dr. Nicole Spencer. We are both beyond excited for our new outlook on life!

Mines November 12

Hello! :1307_wave_tone3:

NOVEMBER 9 for me.

I was scheduled earlier this year, but illness delayed me for a bit. It was frustrating then, but I'm over it now. As much as I'm going to miss the holiday "norms" I do love this time of year, and have other things to enjoy, so that helps.

I'm on a 2 week liquid diet (shakes, broth, Jello, popsicles). Day 4 and I feel pretty eh. I made it through a week of the liquid diet last time, so it's not really "new" but I feel more bored with it this time around, if that makes sense. It's all mental games, so I'm trying to remember that and use it as experience for post-op mental games.

Super nervous about the actual surgery (never had surgery before), and having somewhat irrational fears about it. But the excitement is also building.