Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weirdest None-Scale-Victory - I'll go first

I managed to go to a conference all of last week and still have energy to hit the Disney parks in the evenings. I had 20k+ steps every day. I wasn't afraid of not fitting in rides (even the kiddie ones), I didn't feel like people were looking at me and judging me, and I managed to loose a few pounds even with the crappy food provided (kids menu were just fast food and at sit down restaurant massive 4oz of steak, 20 baby potatoes and half a head of broccoli)

I do so love that my thighs don’t rub together anymore. No heat rash. No pilling on the inside of pant legs or the fabric thinning. No friction sores or redness on my inner thigh. Even the discolouration there has faded. And I can walk at a pace with ease. Bliss.

3 hours ago, Arabesque said:

I do so love that my thighs don’t rub together anymore. No heat rash. No pilling on the inside of pant legs or the fabric thinning. No friction sores or redness on my inner thigh. Even the discolouration there has faded. And I can walk at a pace with ease. Bliss.

I can’t believe I haven’t really thought about this NSV until now, but now that you mention it, I remember that I used to go through so many pants because of wearing out the inner thighs. I haven’t worn out a single pair of pants since I’ve been my current size (about 2 years)!

Weird NSV. I know I've slimmed down a lot but I still feel like my heaviest self some days, especially in social situations. I have my days. I was at a work conference meeting a bunch of new people and I was having some appetizers with a new coworker.

We were talking about food and I was telling her how I was super hungry because I hadn't eaten much that day. She laughed and said "Are you one of those people that eats like crazy amounts of food but still stays skinny???"

I was so taken back by the comment I didn't even know how to respond in the moment. I still see myself as a big person but then stuff like that happens and I need to take a second and enjoy how far I've come. Coming from being super morbidly obese I was shocked to hear that.

I kind of laughed when I got myself together and said no, and that I watched what I ate because I had recently lost a lot of weight.

Another NSV, I recently got the opportunity to travel through Europe. I could find clothes everywhere. Old me would've been worried about finding clothes. I got to go dress shopping in Europe and could buy and try on normal sizes. I am now sitting between a L/M dress size, coming from an XXXXL. I bought myself a summer dress as a little reward for the weight loss.

Newest nsv.......Walking out of my swimming shorts! Luckily i was at home. While walking through my hallway with items in both hands, my swim shorts fell down to my ankles! I almost also walked out of my pants at work! Great NSV's if you ask me!!!

Here's another one im sure people can relate to......not having to use the handicap stall in the restroom anymore! I fit in a normal stall now!!!!

3 hours ago, NCL04321 said:

Newest nsv.......Walking out of my swimming shorts! Luckily i was at home. While walking through my hallway with items in both hands, my swim shorts fell down to my ankles! I almost also walked out of my pants at work! Great NSV's if you ask me!!!

Great problem to have! I've had to put drawstrings in all of the pants that I work in (scrubs).

Just came out of a long meeting at site and realized I was sitting on one of those foldable chairs with my legs crossed in order to take notes for almost 2 hours. Both my legs and the chair are fine and unharmed.

On 6/14/2023 at 10:49 PM, Yahoo said:

I was feeling a little crummy about my progress (instead of weightloss punctuated by stalls it is more a stall punctuated by a few ounces lost every couple of weeks - and I am only 2.5 months out) and my hair has started falling out - then today I had an ultrasound and the technician asked me to stay while she went back to check that she had the right comparison chart - my liver shrank from 21 to 16 and from severe fatty liver to moderate - so thrilled!! - and a great reminder of why I did this!

See, we can't always see the change on the scale, however changes are happening inside us for the better. Might I suggest you measure your thighs, hips, waist, chest and neck every month. That way you can see the inches coming off rather that the scale moving. This may give you the confidence and motivation to feel better about yourself!

Edited by NCL04321

Maintaining my weight between 160 and 164. Happily so. Will be getting my knee replacements this coming winter !! Newest odd thing that happened ? My weight has been stable for many months - and I am thrilled at being comfortable in my skin ( in all of it's lovely looseness ) - I noted my bras not fitting well. Decided to go in and have a proper fitting. I have been wearing a 40 D - was measured at between a 36 and 38 DD - Huh ? Really ? Tried on said correct sizes depending on brand. And They fit beautifully. Even at 67 years old our bodies change is such strange and unexpected ways, even years after losing the weight !

I've had several NSV's, such as comfortably fitting in a normal size chair, using a regular stall in the bathroom, fitting in the movie theater seats. But today is, without a doubt, my happiest. Today, after I did a 1 hr workout early in the morning, I spent the day with my son and we unexpectedly ended up doing a 4 mile hike!!!! I didn't have to stop and rest, I wasn't out of breath, and we were chatting the whole time without me struggling. He mentioned it a few times, and said he was so proud of me, and I was shocked. I literally didn't even notice how easy it was for me!!! I just got on with it and walked. It was AMAZING!!!!!

On 7/22/2023 at 8:56 AM, SleeveToBypass2023 said:

I've had several NSV's, such as comfortably fitting in a normal size chair, using a regular stall in the bathroom, fitting in the movie theater seats. But today is, without a doubt, my happiest. Today, after I did a 1 hr workout early in the morning, I spent the day with my son and we unexpectedly ended up doing a 4 mile hike!!!! I didn't have to stop and rest, I wasn't out of breath, and we were chatting the whole time without me struggling. He mentioned it a few times, and said he was so proud of me, and I was shocked. I literally didn't even notice how easy it was for me!!! I just got on with it and walked. It was AMAZING!!!!!

That is amazing! Well done and keep it up (or shall I say down haha).

Yesterday I put on a pair of trousers I hadn’t worn since last year. Pulled them up, zipped & buttoned, fitted perfectly & then it hit me. I didn’t have that fear of the pants not fitting. You know that fear. That I would have put on weight & then the expectation that what I wanted to wear wouldn’t fit. I used to feel that way just about every day (unless I was wearing elastic waists LOL!). Even with something I’d recently bought. Will my pants zip? Will the waist of my skirt be tight? Will my shirt pull across my chest? I realised I haven’t felt that fear for a couple of years now. The wonder & miracle that is maintaining a stable weight. Something I’ve never been able to do in the past.

2 hours ago, Arabesque said:

I didn’t have that fear of the pants not fitting. You know that fear. That I would have put on weight & then the expectation that what I wanted to wear wouldn’t fit. I used to feel that way just about every day (unless I was wearing elastic waists LOL!). Even with something I’d recently bought. Will my pants zip? Will the waist of my skirt be tight? Will my shirt pull across my chest? I realised I haven’t felt that fear for a couple of years now. The wonder & miracle that is maintaining a stable weight. Something I’ve never been able to do in the past.

That's great! I'm still at the point where I look at a piece of clothing and think, "There's no way that thing is going to fit me." I have to actually put the garment on and then I end up pleasantly surprised. But, I have to not talk myself out of trying it.