Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nov 2020 Bypass Peeps?

5 hours ago, ImSweetJane said:

Hi all,

I’m now 5.5 weeks RNY post op. I have only lost 17 lbs post-op ☹️ Has anyone else experienced this?

I was/am following all diet orders and restrictions I have recently moved to all foods stage.

I am getting all of my Protein and Fluid requirements (and more) in

I am exercising every day

I was told from my surgeon that the first three to four months are the “honeymoon” phase, where the weight comes off with little effort. Week 1 was good, the rest have been averaging 2.5 pounds. Now it seems to be slowing down - last week’s loss was 1.8. What happens when the honeymoon is over?!?

I’ve read the other posts about this issue, but I’m doing all of the recommended actions already.

I don’t even think this is a stall, loss has been slow period.

Is it because I’m older - 50’s?

My nurse and dietitian just said that some people don’t lose as much as others

Sorry to whine. I know there are no guarantees. After seeing the loss for nearly everyone else, I was just hoping for more.

thank you!

Hi Sweet Jane,

I’m sorry it’s not going your way right now!! It is the worst when the scale just won’t budge! Wow, your a strong person! It is hard to stay true to the diet and exercise regime when we don’t see the results! Congratulations!! Something I’ve learned about me, I only Celebrate big loss... it has led me to a life of disappointment. I’m learning to celebrate my success wherever it lies. I’m excited for you! The weight isn’t poring off, but you are standing tall and unflinching! I’m going to celebrate that with you!! One thing I’ve seen is people wrapping a piece of yarn around their waist each week and then taping it to their wall, so they can see the downward trajectory. Also, what kind of scale do you have? If you don’t already you may want to invest in a scale that shows what kind of weight your losing. I’ve seen fat being lost on my scale, but no lbs from my weight. (I have a Renpho scale.) it reminds me things are happening. If this is all already in your mind, I’m sorry!! Sometimes we just want to be heard. If that’s where you are, I hear you and see the tremendous effort you are making! Hoping for a downward sliding scale for you very soon!!

Had gastric sleeve 11/5. Pre-op diet of Protein Shakes and 1 meal began 10/22. liquids only 11/4. Clear Liquids 2 days after surgery. 3-4 Protein shakes per day for 2 weeks for check up. pureed food of 4-5 meals per day for 4 weeks. Last week began 3 meals per day solid food, about 1/2 cup per meal. Sticking to Proteins and vegs. I weighed 355 lbs. when I started pre-op on 10/22. Today I weighed 300.0. Since late Aug I have lost 65 lbs from my high weight of 365. Today I walked 1.5 miles. I use MyFitnessPal to track proteins in my meals. I track as honestly as I can, even the sneaks of a bite while prepping etc. My meals are 1/4-1/2 cup protein and 1/4-1/2 cup vegs. If I eat a whole cup, I feel it in my chest so most are 1/2 cup. I keep an Artic near me to drink after meals (30 mins). My program theough Baylor Scott & White has had great support for me so far

31 minutes ago, timothy.fleischer said:

Had gastric sleeve 11/5. Pre-op diet of Protein Shakes and 1 meal began 10/22. liquids only 11/4. Clear Liquids 2 days after surgery. 3-4 Protein shakes per day for 2 weeks for check up. pureed food of 4-5 meals per day for 4 weeks. Last week began 3 meals per day solid food, about 1/2 cup per meal. Sticking to Proteins and vegs. I weighed 355 lbs. when I started pre-op on 10/22. Today I weighed 300.0. Since late Aug I have lost 65 lbs from my high weight of 365. Today I walked 1.5 miles. I use MyFitnessPal to track Proteins in my meals. I track as honestly as I can, even the sneaks of a bite while prepping etc. My meals are 1/4-1/2 cup Protein and 1/4-1/2 cup vegs. If I eat a whole cup, I feel it in my chest so most are 1/2 cup. I keep an Artic near me to drink after meals (30 mins). My program theough Baylor Scott & White has had great support for me so far

Sounds like you’re crushing it! Congratulations on your success so far!

54 minutes ago, timothy.fleischer said:

Had gastric sleeve 11/5. Pre-op diet of Protein Shakes and 1 meal began 10/22. liquids only 11/4. Clear Liquids 2 days after surgery. 3-4 Protein shakes per day for 2 weeks for check up. pureed food of 4-5 meals per day for 4 weeks. Last week began 3 meals per day solid food, about 1/2 cup per meal. Sticking to Proteins and vegs. I weighed 355 lbs. when I started pre-op on 10/22. Today I weighed 300.0. Since late Aug I have lost 65 lbs from my high weight of 365. Today I walked 1.5 miles. I use MyFitnessPal to track Proteins in my meals. I track as honestly as I can, even the sneaks of a bite while prepping etc. My meals are 1/4-1/2 cup Protein and 1/4-1/2 cup vegs. If I eat a whole cup, I feel it in my chest so most are 1/2 cup. I keep an Artic near me to drink after meals (30 mins). My program theough Baylor Scott & White has had great support for me so far

Whoot whoot!!! Way to go!!

What are you all planning on eating over the holidays? Anything interesting?

Merry Christmas everyone!!

how is everyone doing??

Lost my famous 1 lbs week ! My husband has Covid, and I’m just waiting!

ootger than that it was an uneventful Christmas! Lol

9 hours ago, Grammie2 said:

Yes, uneventful is right! We are still going down, just at a slow pace😁

oh gosh, I hope you don’t get Covid!! Your surgery back will be cancelled!

16 hours ago, TrueNorth1 said:

Yes, uneventful is right! We are still going down, just at a slow pace😁

oh gosh, I hope you don’t get Covid!! Your surgery back will be cancelled!

Yes, I called about it this morning, and if I do not get COVID, I can get my ablation Jan. 22. I’m just a bit down in the dumps about having to put up with this pain especially at bedtime and all night long. I can’t get comfortable no matter what position I’m in.

Edited by Grammie2
Just remembered I wanted to ask you -

How did you find the graph for your weightloss that you have when you respond? I couldn’t figure out how to load it onto my file.

On 12/27/2020 at 7:15 AM, TrueNorth1 said:

Merry Christmas everyone!!

how is everyone doing??

Hey, Merry Christmas!! I was getting on today to ask that same question!! I’ve survived, stayed on plan and can’t get to my January 8th appointment fast enough. I miss veggies! I have been able to eat a little bit of salsa and hot sauce with Beans and eggs, but yesterday I had some Pico de Gallo and when they say your veggies need to be cooked they mean it! I think I had a thumbtack size of Tomato and tiny piece of onion...almost threw up. I didn’t mean to eat either, I was sharing a few bites of chipotle chicken and beans from my husbands dinner, I saw it peaking out as I lifted my spoon but it didn’t register fast enough. 😂

how have all of you sweet friends done? I hope we’ll and that you are healthy and safe!

On 12/27/2020 at 7:47 AM, Grammie2 said:

Oh no! How is he/you? I hope you have been able to avoid catching it!! You’re both in my prayers!

32 minutes ago, Grammie2 said:

Yes, I called about it this morning, and if I do not get COVID, I can get my ablation Jan. 22. I’m just a bit down in the dumps about having to put up with this pain especially at bedtime and all night long. I can’t get comfortable no matter what position I’m in.

I guess I missed a lot!! You’re getting another surgery? Assuming you’re able to stay healthy. I’m sorry you have to go through this so soon after RNY! I’m sorry your in so much pain! Can you get pain meds? I still am on Percocet due to back pain. I couldn’t live without them. Chronic pain stinks!! I’m so sorry!!

4 hours ago, Lanie Hardy said:

I guess I missed a lot!! You’re getting another surgery? Assuming you’re able to stay healthy. I’m sorry you have to go through this so soon after RNY! I’m sorry your in so much pain! Can you get pain meds? I still am on Percocet due to back pain. I couldn’t live without them. Chronic pain stinks!! I’m so sorry!!

It’s a nerve burn in my back that will stop the pain in my lower back and down my legs, on both sides, although my left side is worse than the right. I haven’t asked about pain meds yet. I still have some Tylenol with codeine left from my gastric bypass I’ve been hanging on to . I had been on Celebrex before my GP, but had to go off because of it being an NSAID. So my lower back nerves have really gotten agitated in the last 2 months. Thank you for asking. I afraid they won’t give it to me if I ask for something stronger. I’m taking cyclobenzaprine but it only makes me tired and doesn’t help with the pain.

On 11/22/2020 at 9:11 AM, Grammie2 said:

Maybe Water, too??. Are you on puréed foods yet? If so are you doing that with the information you were given in your bariatric packet or did you get a bariatric cookbook? I’ve been looking at getting a cookbook if I can find one set up for the different stages of eating. I love variety, not that I like ALOT of different foods, but I like to TRY.

Try Amazon they have different stages of eating.