Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November 2020 sleevers



Recommended Posts

Day 7/10 of the pre-op diet, and I'm cranky af. I have no idea why my mood has deteriorated this much, but... I should not be around humans. I hope tomorrow isn't like this, too.
LOL!! It's cruel to have to do this when we still have our hunger hormones. I'm hoping it will be easier when I don't have a huge bottomless stomach waiting to get filled!

Sent from my SM-T710 using BariatricPal mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yesterday I was having a pretty hard day. I started to freak out. Filled with anxiety!

Did not make it any better that I talked with someone I know that told me about all her complications. (Serious ones)

Did go to the hospital today, had my EKG done, talked with the nurses and had my weigh in. Getting so close now, and so real. I seriously had second thoughts yesterday.
And my daughter (she is 9 ) cried for two hours last night because she is worried about me being gone. Just broke my heart too.

Hope I can get all the negative thoghts off my mind, and be calm and secure about this surgery. Please send me some positivity! I need it bad! 😢

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, me too! Kept thinking maybe if I really try? Truth is, we did and here we are. We're going to live longer and happier at a lighter weight. I'm going to trust my gut and go. I don't want the +2 lbs, -1.5,+1, -4, +5lbs etc anymore! Hope this helps. And best of skilled surgeon to you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, lynnh said:

Hey, me too! Kept thinking maybe if I really try? Truth is, we did and here we are. We're going to live longer and happier at a lighter weight. I'm going to trust my gut and go. I don't want the +2 lbs, -1.5,+1, -4, +5lbs etc anymore! Hope this helps. And best of skilled surgeon to you.

I know. There is not a chance I can do this on my own.

The surgeon is one of the most experienced in my country, so I should be in good hands.

I also know that this anxiety come every time I have gone into hospital. Also when I was giving birth, I read stories online and was sure I would die giving birth. It actually ended up with a emergency c-section, will full anesteshia, they did not even have time to clean my belly before they cut to get my daugheter out! But we both survived! And I am still alive.

So well, I just have to keep positive. Stop reading scary stories about complications online! And I am sure I will be fine!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yesterday I was having a pretty hard day. I started to freak out. Filled with anxiety!
Did not make it any better that I talked with someone I know that told me about all her complications. (Serious ones)
Did go to the hospital today, had my EKG done, talked with the nurses and had my weigh in. Getting so close now, and so real. I seriously had second thoughts yesterday.
And my daughter (she is 9 ) cried for two hours last night because she is worried about me being gone. Just broke my heart too.
Hope I can get all the negative thoghts off my mind, and be calm and secure about this surgery. Please send me some positivity! I need it bad! [emoji22]

Ohhh no. I hope today was a little better for you [emoji847]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm allowed food on my 10 day, but probably not what I had tonight. Dang it, I wanted to eat with my family ON MY BIRTHDAY. I'm still at under 600 calories for the whole day, so I didn't blow it too bad. My family was having chicken with G Hughes sugar free BBQ Sauce, bacon, and cheese, with au gratin potatoes. I passed on the potatoes, had 4 oz chicken with a spoonful of the sauce, maybe 1/4 slice of bacon, and reduced fat cheese. Came out to 270 calories. They had more, obviously... it was really nice to eat with them (other than the potatoes), though [emoji3531]

I hope everyone is doing well... I had my covid test earlier today. Hope everything is good there. Anyone else have to record their temperature for 10 days before?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, tropico78 said:

I know. There is not a chance I can do this on my own.

The surgeon is one of the most experienced in my country, so I should be in good hands.

I also know that this anxiety come every time I have gone into hospital. Also when I was giving birth, I read stories online and was sure I would die giving birth. It actually ended up with a emergency c-section, will full anesteshia, they did not even have time to clean my belly before they cut to get my daugheter out! But we both survived! And I am still alive.

So well, I just have to keep positive. Stop reading scary stories about complications online! And I am sure I will be fine!

It’s perfectly acceptable to be scared and anxious as you are preparing for a really big surgery and life change. But if it’s any reassurance I’ve had the band, I had a lap band repair and 12 years later had the band removed and all of those surgeries went just fine. I’m having gastric bypass surgery next week and at times I get a bit anxious and that’s okay. It’s a big deal. But if you look at percentages you have a waaaaay bigger percentage of doing just fine than having a complication. Feelings are valid and okay, good or bad. But rest assured you are much more likely to be okay than not. Stop reading horror stories about surgeries that haven’t gone well and spend time thinking about what size spring clothes you are going to need. Go through a Romans catalog with your daughter and pick out fun outfits. Think about what life is going to be like in the months ahead...there is a lot of lovely new things that will be happening for you. 🥰

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Won a free 4 pack of the new Premier Protein cinnamon roll shake and it came in the mail today. It was...interesting. I’ll finish the other three but I wouldn’t buy it. I got the premier Protein clear fruit punch Protein Water and it is so much better than Protein20. Sucralose>Stevia.

And the last trial item today was BariMelts Vitamins. Those were a total win. They tasted fine, actually dissolved in my mouth, and didn’t hurt my stomach. I ordered a 30 day supply.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, blackcatsandbaddecisions said:

Won a free 4 pack of the new Premier Protein cinnamon roll shake and it came in the mail today. It was...interesting. I’ll finish the other three but I wouldn’t buy it. I got the premier Protein clear fruit punch Protein Water and it is so much better than Protein20. Sucralose>Stevia.

And the last trial item today was BariMelts Vitamins. Those were a total win. They tasted fine, actually dissolved in my mouth, and didn’t hurt my stomach. I ordered a 30 day supply.

Cinnamon roll... Interesting. I got the Equate high Protein (it's very similar to Premier) in caramel the other day, and I was very surprised at how good it was. Like, I'd love to put it into coffee (I don't drink coffee anymore because I cannot drink it without SO much sugar and creamer... It was really an unhealthy amount). Dunno how I'll react to them AFTER the surgery, though.

I'll have to look into that clear protein. Though I may just use GENEPRO in some Water with Mio in it...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

I am having Gastric Sleeve on November 2nd, 2020 !!! I have been on the waiting list since 2016 . Actual program began April 2019. I would have had surgery in April but you know ... Covid. Anyway in 3 days it will finally be here. I am down 40lbs since I started on the program.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×