Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

> Sleeve made me really ill and might cause cancer
> I miss my sleeve

Can someone please explain the logic here?

With the sleeve, she felt the restriction when eating right away. Not as much now with the bypass. I had a mini gastric bypass and I feel the restriction, but it’s also the only weight loss surgery I’ve had, so that may play into it.

Also, I love sweets and savoury, cheesy goods. But they played a major role in my weight gain over the years. Along with little exercise, they helped make me fat and unhealthy. Yet I still miss them. Where’s the logic in that?

2 hours ago, BayougirlMrsS said:

That's great and i was thinking that it was prob because you are still doing liq. I have a very good friend that had GB in 1999.... she lost about 150lbs maybe more. a few years ago she started gaining and is so depressed. I can hear it in her voice when we talk. She has no other issues, she told me last night that she is on a diet and lost 11lbs so far.... My job is to just be a friend and encourage her.

She has mentioned trying to get another WLS, but i don't want to tell her bad advice. I simply told her to look into the DS.... which i think maybe the only option except for band over BP.

21 years ago wow. How much has she regained in 2 years ? Well I will tell you had I had this revision due to weight gain I would be very upset right now. It is not at all like I thought it would be. I just had Breakfast and ate a whole scrambled egg with parmesan cheese no problem. Has she talked to a surgeon ?

On 5/29/2020 at 10:13 AM, Tracyringo said:

21 years ago wow. How much has she regained in 2 years ? Well I will tell you had I had this revision due to weight gain I would be very upset right now. It is not at all like I thought it would be. I just had Breakfast and ate a whole scrambled egg with parmesan cheese no problem. Has she talked to a surgeon ?

well she is about 5'6" and she got to a size 2-4... which was skinny.... over the years... now she back to about a size 14ish.... i would say she put on at least 50lbs.... Her SX retired. So check with another and it doesn't look good. She is a bit up in age... 60 i think

Stop complaining okay there's people out there who can't even get surgery either due to insurance or lack of money so be thank full

On 5/26/2020 at 5:33 AM, Superman84 said:

You are giving people bad information about the bypass when it was your 2nd surgery not your first.

I had the RNY BYPASS and had not one issue and below my goal weight already and doing amazing!!

What bad information>? This RNY was my first surgery and I have the same problem. Im hungry ALL the time.

On 5/28/2020 at 9:41 AM, yams2510 said:

But with bypass isn't the dumping syndrome the physical restriction? ( I'm new here and doing my research) , please correct me if I'm wrong.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using BariatricPal mobile app

I don't dump at all. I can eat Cookies, cake, whatever. I feel sick to my stomach if I overdo it but I dont get dumping syndrome. (RNY)

Dr. Matthew Weiner has a lot of informational videos on YouTube. He covers a wide range of topics, I’ve learned a lot by watching him. This first video on metabolic thermostat/set point was a lightbulb moment for me.

How bariatric surgery changes your hunger, metabolism and even your tastes for certain foods.
Metabolic Thermostat

This one is titled: Bariatric revisions, Will they help or not?
Bariatric revision

As always, listen to your own Doctor

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Cheeseburgh said:

Dr. Matthew Weiner has a lot of informational videos on YouTube. He covers a wide range of topics, I’ve learned a lot by watching him. This first video on metabolic thermostat/set point was a lightbulb moment for me.

How bariatric surgery changes your hunger, metabolism and even your tastes for certain foods.
Metabolic Thermostat

This one is titled: Bariatric revisions, Will they help or not?
Bariatric revision

As always, listen to your own Doctor

Yes, he is why I eat my veggies :)
Like most people I focused alot on Protein out of surgery, throwing away my knowledge about the body needing some of every macronutrients. I missed the veggies, the fruits and the berries and protein was just gettin' old. So I started reading the pound of cure a couple of months ago, and I am a reborn again.

Of course we should eat carbs, but not throw down sugar every meal. I pack the little I eat with as much veggies as I can, because I need the fiber, the minerals, the Vitamins + it satisfIies me. He also got me to eat spinach and Beans, two things I wouldn't have touched a year ago. I love it. If I eat less carbs in form of veggies, berries, fruits, beans or nuts over a day my body just goes "meeh...I don't like this, were is my spinach".

Certain vitamins needs other vitamins and/or fat to be absorbed properly. Fx. If you lack Vitamin D, remember it needs vitamin K to absorb, which is found in green and leafy veggies.

Edited by MsMocie

Posted (edited)

On 6/5/2020 at 11:35 PM, jasmineinmymind said:

I don't dump at all. I can eat Cookies, cake, whatever. I feel sick to my stomach if I overdo it but I dont get dumping syndrome. (RNY)

You wanna trade ? lol

I haven't tried any of that stuff but I figure if I am dumping on 8 grams of sugar in cereal then I am gonna dump on everything. I am hoping after a few months it will stop. I would like to lose 10 or 15 more lbs and try some braums frozen yogurt twist in a cup.

Edited by Tracyringo

How are you doing with weight loss now? I just wanted to give you some encouragement. I had a MGB in February, and have lost 45 from the day of surgery (I have lost a little more, but only if you include the 2 week pre-op diet). It’s been slow, but pretty steady with only a few stalls. So I’m averaging 10 lbs a month while only eating around 800 cals a day and getting in at least 10,000 steps a day. It can be frustrating when you read about others who aren’t exercising, are ingesting more, weigh less than you do, and are losing faster. I just have to assume that my metabolism is a bit messed up. But I’m determined to continue to lose weight.

I thought bypass would be more restrictive. It’s less space for food to fit in. Could someone explain? I have to have bypass due to reflux already

39 minutes ago, Ashley.Sheridan said:

I thought bypass would be more restrictive. It’s less space for food to fit in. Could someone explain? I have to have bypass due to reflux already

I guess if it isn't your first surgery you may not feel restriction. I had not felt anything until recently when I started eating about 3 oz of firm Protein. Last night I had shrimp and steak stir fry and I finally felt something. Seems like everything else just basically goes right through. Good luck

1 hour ago, ResaRoo said:

How are you doing with weight loss now? I just wanted to give you some encouragement. I had a MGB in February, and have lost 45 from the day of surgery (I have lost a little more, but only if you include the 2 week pre-op diet). It’s been slow, but pretty steady with only a few stalls. So I’m averaging 10 lbs a month while only eating around 800 cals a day and getting in at least 10,000 steps a day. It can be frustrating when you read about others who aren’t exercising, are ingesting more, weigh less than you do, and are losing faster. I just have to assume that my metabolism is a bit messed up. But I’m determined to continue to lose weight.

If you are asking me I have lost 9 lbs so far which is really good for me considering I weigh 171.2 . I never got under 164.8 so I would like to see if I can get to 155 but I am not going to kill myself to do it. I have a large frame and am weighing around my high school weight and I am okay with how I look.

I am eating around 700 to 800 . You are doing great to average 10 lbs a month on a revision. How much weight are you wanting to lose?