Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 hour ago, Tracyringo said:

Exactly. I loved that restriction and if it is not coming back then this is all on me again like before I had the sleeve.

Are you measuring portions and how much are you eating at one sitting ?

I had my revision in March and lost 40 pounds. I had my sleeve in March ( 5 years ago ) and on this date lost 55 pounds so it’s definitely slower and I’m actually exercising and counting calories etc this time around. I’m trying to restrict myself just like the sleeve so I’m only eating Protein and a very small amount at each sitting and drinking a lot a lot of Water. It’s hard because that never full feeling is depressing. It makes food and eating ALL I can think about. I’m trying to occupy my time with other things also

29 minutes ago, Tracyringo said:

My surgeon said no lifting more then 20 lbs, which I thought was a lot. Patients didn't have to wear masks, just the staff .

Now you are the first person I have spoke with that has known someone with covid. Glad your family is okay and didn't get all the horrible things the media talks about.

Phew - hate these masks LMAO :) I'm sure I'm in a private room - unsure they'd put two patients together right now - we will see ;)

yes, My husbands case was very mild. Hit him like a ton of bricks, dry cough, massive headache, just achy etc... lasted about 4 days maybe 5 - quarantined for 14. My son's friends father has it bad - been in hospital 46 days and wasn't on a vent but had pneumonia twice and is in ICU right now - going to rehab next. It does exist - unsure about the death numbers, but it's a real virus

47 minutes ago, DesperateEC said:

I had my revision in March and lost 40 pounds. I had my sleeve in March ( 5 years ago ) and on this date lost 55 pounds so it’s definitely slower and I’m actually exercising and counting calories etc this time around. I’m trying to restrict myself just like the sleeve so I’m only eating Protein and a very small amount at each sitting and drinking a lot a lot of Water. It’s hard because that never full feeling is depressing. It makes food and eating ALL I can think about. I’m trying to occupy my time with other things also

That is what I am going to do too and I know I can do it . I am just not happy about it and I don't understand why some get restriction with revision and not others and no one told me from the Drs. office.

They had me down at hospital to be taking in 8 oz of full liquids each meal. Really ? I could not understand why. I cannot wait to get to my appointment Thursday.

I weighed 296lbs the day of my surgery ( sleeve) and in 2 months I only lost 27 lbs. I hung in there and made goal by following the plan the first year. my original goal of 180. I went on to loose down to 164.8 the lowest I ever got and stayed there all last summer was on my way back down and decided to hold steady thinking there was going to be some big weight loss and I didn't want to be too thin for my frame, SHEESH had I only of known, lol. Went in Friday weighing 180 and came out Sunday 185. This morning 181 lmao

4 hours ago, Superman84 said:

You are giving people bad information about the bypass when it was your 2nd surgery not your first.

I had the RNY BYPASS and had not one issue and below my goal weight already and doing amazing!!

Since when is stating facts about ones experience considered bad information. I call it facts and like to hear all sides. Not everyone has perfect experience like you did.

Being her second surgery means squat.

Edited by Losingit2018

1 hour ago, Tracyringo said:

My surgeon said no lifting more then 20 lbs, which I thought was a lot. Patients didn't have to wear masks, just the staff .

Now you are the first person I have spoke with that has known someone with covid. Glad your family is okay and didn't get all the horrible things the media talks about.

There is a person that lives in my neighborhood that has covid. Now you know two :)

Have a question and it may sound stupid..... but if you already had the sleeve and now have the RNY..... How can there be no restriction? Did the dr not re cut the sleeve to make it small again? or did they just do the MGB... / by pass?

1 hour ago, BayougirlMrsS said:

Have a question and it may sound stupid..... but if you already had the sleeve and now have the RNY..... How can there be no restriction? Did the dr not re cut the sleeve to make it small again? or did they just do the MGB... / by pass?

Its not a stupid question. Honestly I do not know. I was told I was given the bypass and they didn't bypass as much as maybe others because I didn't want problems with Vitamin deficiency. I was drugged up but I think I remember him saying the rest of the sleeve is still in there. I am going in on Thursday to find out just what is going on. I did see the swallow test the day after surgery and it looked like a straight line pretty much and a small bump in the middle, which I thought was the stoma but as I said I was drugged up. I will let you know as soon as I know though.

Another thing though is I haven't eaten solids, so it is possible that liquids and mush just slide right on through. I am pretty sure Wendy will advance me on Thursday to a soft diet. So maybe I will feel something with eggs, cottage cheese, Beans, ect . I am hopeful. Either way I am back to tracking food like I did with the sleeve the first 18 months and weighing and measuring.

Edited by Tracyringo

The restriction for people with the sleeve varies a lot. Some people have trouble eating, some never feel it. Some get full a lot faster, and it completely goes away for some people. So I think the sleeve is still there (no way to put stomach back) but the restriction isn't felt.

4 minutes ago, JessLess said:

The restriction for people with the sleeve varies a lot. Some people have trouble eating, some never feel it. Some get full a lot faster, and it completely goes away for some people. So I think the sleeve is still there (no way to put stomach back) but the restriction isn't felt.

My sleeve was tight . After 2 years 9 1/2 months I was just able to eat a small meal and I was happy with it.

13 hours ago, Tracyringo said:

My sleeve was tight . After 2 years 9 1/2 months I was just able to eat a small meal and I was happy with it.

I probably read over it, but why did you revise? I was a bandmember from 2009-2017 and lost about 89#. (232#-143#). Lost it due to a slip, due to a stomach flu. Was WLS free for 2.5 years and gained 30#. Day of sleeve 8/28/19 (tomorrow is 9 mths) 173#.... today 126#.

I'm worried about regain with the sleeve. funny that i was never fearful of regain with the band. I had much better control with the band than with the sleeve. I've done great with the sleeve.... but i seen how people slowly increase their food and regain. Right now i'm still at the 2-3 bites and i'm full, but i'm hungry again sooner. With the band i was hardly ever hungry.

5 hours ago, BayougirlMrsS said:

I probably read over it, but why did you revise? I was a bandmember from 2009-2017 and lost about 89#. (232#-143#). Lost it due to a slip, due to a stomach flu. Was WLS free for 2.5 years and gained 30#. Day of sleeve 8/28/19 (tomorrow is 9 mths) 173#.... today 126#.

I'm worried about regain with the sleeve. funny that i was never fearful of regain with the band. I had much better control with the band than with the sleeve. I've done great with the sleeve.... but i seen how people slowly increase their food and regain. Right now i'm still at the 2-3 bites and i'm full, but i'm hungry again sooner. With the band i was hardly ever hungry.

I have erosive esophagitis Grade D. I didn't want cancer and hopefully my esophagus will repair itself now and I wont get it. You are doing really well with your sleeve. You have some bounce back room if you need it with what you have lost. Congrats.😄

At some point your sleeve will relax and you will notice pretty quickly. ( at least I did ) I had been told it would happen but didn't believe it . I was just at 2 years. I wasn't able to eat a 4 oz portion of Protein in one sitting until then so it was kind of weird when it happened. I cant imagine being 9 months out and only eating 2 to 3 bites per meal. What do you eat ?

17 hours ago, Tracyringo said:

I have erosive esophagitis Grade D. I didn't want cancer and hopefully my esophagus will repair itself now and I wont get it. You are doing really well with your sleeve. You have some bounce back room if you need it with what you have lost. Congrats.😄

At some point your sleeve will relax and you will notice pretty quickly. ( at least I did ) I had been told it would happen but didn't believe it . I was just at 2 years. I wasn't able to eat a 4 oz portion of Protein in one sitting until then so it was kind of weird when it happened. I cant imagine being 9 months out and only eating 2 to 3 bites per meal. What do you eat ?

Breakfast i normally eat a 1/4 of a piece of Good Seed bread or if im at work i like the Special K pastry crisps.

lunch today is steamed cauliflower

dinner last night was a 1/2 cup of homemade chili

My cals come in the alcohol....

2 hours ago, BayougirlMrsS said:

Breakfast i normally eat a 1/4 of a piece of Good Seed bread or if im at work i like the Special K pastry crisps.

lunch today is steamed cauliflower

dinner last night was a 1/2 cup of homemade chili

My cals come in the alcohol....

Where is your Protein ? Do you feel sick or sluggish ? I am sorry to hear about the alcohol. Did the drinking start before the sleeve?

EXACTLY! With the sleeve the weight literally falls off!! With the bypass it’s no physical stopping. I’m eating like I have the sleeve ( small bites) but the fact that I don’t get the full sensation temps me to snack[emoji22][emoji22] message you all the new sleeve patients : EMBRACE THE RESTRICTION!!!!
But with bypass isn't the dumping syndrome the physical restriction? ( I'm new here and doing my research) , please correct me if I'm wrong.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using BariatricPal mobile app

2 hours ago, Tracyringo said:

Where is your Protein ? Do you feel sick or sluggish ? I am sorry to hear about the alcohol. Did the drinking start before the sleeve?

Alcohol?