Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

6 minutes ago, summerset said:

You don't need to be a hermit because of your weight.

But many become that because of shame, anxiety or just not able to move so much.

I am lot more less hermit now than 50kgs ago.

On 5/8/2020 at 1:34 AM, DesperateEC said:

No I don’t know, sweetie but I fought against the restriction with the sleeve in the beginning but I started to understand the signs of being full. With this second surgery I’m literally having to stop myself after a couple bites and my weight loss is much more decreased.

I am just guessing on this one, but I think this has to do with the fact that your stomach was already cut some years ago, and you enjoyed the honeymoon with the hunger hormon in check. Maybe that your hunger hormon has adjusted to your body now and is functioning like before surgery. I read about this somewhere.

I would address this issue to your surgeon and have some advice on what to do.
I have, as said before, seen how my stomach works with contrast and Xray and it literally does flow through 😂

19 hours ago, Superman84 said:

I've met many ppl who say they didn't lose everything they wanted with the sleeve and it took longer than people on bypass and in my experience this is the first time in my life I've ever lost this much ever and ever got this low on the scale and before surgery every little thing I ate would gain weight and now in maintenance I've had a few treats and it has not affected me weight at all...... The sleeve is really just to limit the volume of food that's about it the bypass rearranges your intestines and changes your metabolism; there's a ton of research to explain the metabolic changes..

I know look skinny and have metabolism of skinny person and I feel amazing!!

There is no real long term research on the sleeve because it is a fairly new procedure, but what I figured so far of what is, the sleeve tends to give a very limited weight loss over limited time (2-5 years) before the patients gains weight. All of this of course depends on the person and individual differences and the persons own effort in loosing and maintaining a weight loss.

Sleeve is restrictive, bypass is restrictive + malabsorbent for those wondering the difference.

Yes everyone knows that a 2nd or 3rd surgery is totally different to a first surgery I'm glad I made the right choice and did months of research before choosing the BYPASS.

Seen many people needing to be revised to bypass for many reasons over the years.

My journey lasted about 8 months from when I began my pre-op diet to when I felt I was in maintenance and all I did was eat very little calories and carbs and was very strict on myself living off shakes predominantly for months and shed 154lbs and now BMI is 22.7

I feel great. I look great. And my metabolism is amazing.

Posted (edited)

16 hours ago, DesperateEC said:

Don’t get me wrong you guys. My revision was done on March 9 and I’ve already lost 35 pounds so I’m happy, it’s just not what I was expecting . I had the perfect sleeve but the pregnancies forced my pouch to spread. The last pregnancy I was on complete bed rest for the entire thing. I guess I’m sad

Same surgery date and have only lost 15! I do not have a lot to lose so I get it, I just thought it would be more when eating 750 high Protein, low fat, low sugar diet. And If I cant lose on a post diet, diet, then what? And yes I exercise.

On a positive note I have had normal blood sugar and off all meds since my first surgery. In 4 years with the sleeve was able to keep most of the weight off.

Edited by frozengrapes

16 hours ago, DesperateEC said:

Don’t get me wrong you guys. My revision was done on March 9 and I’ve already lost 35 pounds so I’m happy, it’s just not what I was expecting .

Don't get me wrong but how much weight loss did you expect during this time span? Revisions tend to lose slower. Yes, I can absolutely understand the need to get back down with the weight fast but this is not a matter of weeks as you already know. Expect at least as much time to lose the excess weight this time as you needed before.

And tell these toxic family members of yours that your weight and diet is none of their business. Might need a bit of yelling but it's worth it.

Posted (edited)

Re: “Toxic others”...

ADD7B9A0-66F3-48F5-B7ED-6125A20F23D8.jpeg

Edited by Lily66

1 hour ago, frozengrapes said:

Same surgery date and have only lost 15! I do not have a lot to lose so I get it, I just thought it would be more when eating 750 high Protein, low fat, low sugar diet. And If I cant lose on a post diet, diet, then what? And yes I exercise.

On a positive note I have had normal blood sugar and off all meds since my first surgery. In 4 years with the sleeve was able to keep most of the weight off.

Hmmmm.... It says in, under your pic ,you lost 44 lbs? is that in the 4 year time? sleeve?

Your BMI and weight, couldn't have been to high to have that kind of loss?

1 hour ago, ge0rgette2 said:

Hmmmm.... It says in, under your pic ,you lost 44 lbs? is that in the 4 year time? sleeve?

Your BMI and weight, couldn't have been to high to have that kind of loss?

That was my weight loss about the 6 month post sleeve weight, which is when I stopped posting. I lost another 10 lbs , then gained about 10 back in the last year once my GERD got really bad. Almost 55 lbs, gained back 10, now lost 15. So, all and all 5 lbs less then before GERD. Original BMI 35.5

3 hours ago, summerset said:

Don't get me wrong but how much weight loss did you expect during this time span? Revisions tend to lose slower. Yes, I can absolutely understand the need to get back down with the weight fast but this is not a matter of weeks as you already know. Expect at least as much time to lose the excess weight this time as you needed before.

And tell these toxic family members of yours that your weight and diet is none of their business. Might need a bit of yelling but it's worth it.

Honestly it’s not about the actual number I’m just afraid to stop losing since it’s a slower process and I’m the one stopping myself after 2-3 bites. And I wish I could tell my family to leave me the hell alone but how can I when they are right? I did fail😔 I have 2 beautiful children from it but to ballon back after I’ve tasted the glory is so depressing.

3 hours ago, frozengrapes said:

I think the bigger we are prior to surgery, the more we lost after. And I’m restricting myself as if I had the sleeve lol.

1 hour ago, frozengrapes said:

That was my weight loss about the 6 month post sleeve weight, which is when I stopped posting. I lost another 10 lbs , then gained about 10 back in the last year once my GERD got really bad. Almost 55 lbs, gained back 10, now lost 15. So, all and all 5 lbs less then before GERD. Original BMI 35.5

Didn’t think they did gastric on that BMI.

Hi. I've been reading as many posts as I can for the last two months including this thread and I appreciate all of the insight and opinions. I just popped in to say after a GREAT DEAL of deliberation I have decided on the mini-gastric-bypass over the sleeve. The pros and cons equaled themselves. The final decision was made due to one important distinction. The MGB can be reversed. The Sleeve cannot. You can have surgery to go back to the way you were before WLS. This lightens the weight of "unknown complications causing a lifetime of misery" possibility. Just thought I'd share this.