Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

16 hours ago, DesperateEC said:

Don’t get me wrong you guys. My revision was done on March 9 and I’ve already lost 35 pounds so I’m happy, it’s just not what I was expecting . I had the perfect sleeve but the pregnancies forced my pouch to spread. The last pregnancy I was on complete bed rest for the entire thing. I guess I’m sad

Same surgery date and have only lost 15! I do not have a lot to lose so I get it, I just thought it would be more when eating 750 high Protein, low fat, low sugar diet. And If I cant lose on a post diet, diet, then what? And yes I exercise.

On a positive note I have had normal blood sugar and off all meds since my first surgery. In 4 years with the sleeve was able to keep most of the weight off.

Edited by frozengrapes

16 hours ago, DesperateEC said:

Don’t get me wrong you guys. My revision was done on March 9 and I’ve already lost 35 pounds so I’m happy, it’s just not what I was expecting .

Don't get me wrong but how much weight loss did you expect during this time span? Revisions tend to lose slower. Yes, I can absolutely understand the need to get back down with the weight fast but this is not a matter of weeks as you already know. Expect at least as much time to lose the excess weight this time as you needed before.

And tell these toxic family members of yours that your weight and diet is none of their business. Might need a bit of yelling but it's worth it.

Re: “Toxic others”...

ADD7B9A0-66F3-48F5-B7ED-6125A20F23D8.jpeg

Edited by Lily66

1 hour ago, frozengrapes said:

Same surgery date and have only lost 15! I do not have a lot to lose so I get it, I just thought it would be more when eating 750 high Protein, low fat, low sugar diet. And If I cant lose on a post diet, diet, then what? And yes I exercise.

On a positive note I have had normal blood sugar and off all meds since my first surgery. In 4 years with the sleeve was able to keep most of the weight off.

Hmmmm.... It says in, under your pic ,you lost 44 lbs? is that in the 4 year time? sleeve?

Your BMI and weight, couldn't have been to high to have that kind of loss?

1 hour ago, ge0rgette2 said:

Hmmmm.... It says in, under your pic ,you lost 44 lbs? is that in the 4 year time? sleeve?

Your BMI and weight, couldn't have been to high to have that kind of loss?

That was my weight loss about the 6 month post sleeve weight, which is when I stopped posting. I lost another 10 lbs , then gained about 10 back in the last year once my GERD got really bad. Almost 55 lbs, gained back 10, now lost 15. So, all and all 5 lbs less then before GERD. Original BMI 35.5

3 hours ago, summerset said:

Don't get me wrong but how much weight loss did you expect during this time span? Revisions tend to lose slower. Yes, I can absolutely understand the need to get back down with the weight fast but this is not a matter of weeks as you already know. Expect at least as much time to lose the excess weight this time as you needed before.

And tell these toxic family members of yours that your weight and diet is none of their business. Might need a bit of yelling but it's worth it.

Honestly it’s not about the actual number I’m just afraid to stop losing since it’s a slower process and I’m the one stopping myself after 2-3 bites. And I wish I could tell my family to leave me the hell alone but how can I when they are right? I did fail😔 I have 2 beautiful children from it but to ballon back after I’ve tasted the glory is so depressing.

3 hours ago, frozengrapes said:

I think the bigger we are prior to surgery, the more we lost after. And I’m restricting myself as if I had the sleeve lol.

1 hour ago, frozengrapes said:

That was my weight loss about the 6 month post sleeve weight, which is when I stopped posting. I lost another 10 lbs , then gained about 10 back in the last year once my GERD got really bad. Almost 55 lbs, gained back 10, now lost 15. So, all and all 5 lbs less then before GERD. Original BMI 35.5

Didn’t think they did gastric on that BMI.

Hi. I've been reading as many posts as I can for the last two months including this thread and I appreciate all of the insight and opinions. I just popped in to say after a GREAT DEAL of deliberation I have decided on the mini-gastric-bypass over the sleeve. The pros and cons equaled themselves. The final decision was made due to one important distinction. The MGB can be reversed. The Sleeve cannot. You can have surgery to go back to the way you were before WLS. This lightens the weight of "unknown complications causing a lifetime of misery" possibility. Just thought I'd share this.

1 hour ago, ge0rgette2 said:

Didn’t think they did gastric on that BMI.

Diabetes, blood pressure, and a couple of other health issues. So, they do, just not as common.

6 hours ago, DesperateEC said:

Honestly it’s not about the actual number I’m just afraid to stop losing since it’s a slower process and I’m the one stopping myself after 2-3 bites.

I could never stop myself at 2-3 bites unless I would feel full or queasy. This is something I guess I'll never get: the minuscule amounts of food and calories some people on here subsist on.

And I wish I could tell my family to leave me the hell alone but how can I when they are right? I did fail😔

You need a second try, and that's that. How many things in life did your family members fail at before they succeeded at second or third try or maybe never succeeded at all?

It also doesn't matter if they were right or not. Still not their business.

I have 2 beautiful children from it but to ballon back after I’ve tasted the glory is so depressing.

I absolutely understand. That's why I totally get that you want to lose weight really fast. Like fast. However, you're putting yourself under a lot of toxic and unnecessary pressure.

Well I'm sorry people had issues with their surgery I must be very lucky the bypass has worked wonders for me and I feel like a brand new Man.

I had maybe one stall for a week in 8 months and I was able to reach and surpass all my goals the surgeon told me to stop losing weight LoL

I have no idea how I've lost 90 pounds because Im hungry all the the time and I have been since day 1. I had them check my pouch and i did that swallow test where I had to eat/drink this semi solid Jello like substance and I watched it slide right down into my intestines. So how am I losing weight? I have no idea but for me it's been VERY slow!!