Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I had the gastric sleeve done in March 2015. I started at 309 and got to 154 but then had 2 pregnancies that brought me back to 300. Had the bypass March 2020 . Started from 300 and now I’m 271-270. I don’t like this surgery because I no longer get that full sensation and restrictions the sleeve provided. I’m doing as much exercise as quarantine can provide but it’s soooooo much harder this time around 😔😔😔. It’s like the restriction isn’t physical anymore so it has to be physiological which is 100000 times more difficult. I miss eating 2 bites and being full all day to be honest. Now the food literally feels like it goes straight through me 😔😒

4 hours ago, MsMocie said:

It litteraly does go much faster through you since they have bypassed part of your intestines. I had no idea how fast it actually goes through you until today when I saw with my own eyes on X-ray.

Do you know if they have taken out more of your sack during this round as well as the bypass?

No I don’t know, sweetie but I fought against the restriction with the sleeve in the beginning but I started to understand the signs of being full. With this second surgery I’m literally having to stop myself after a couple bites and my weight loss is much more decreased.

3 hours ago, summerset said:

As a never-sleeve I can only imagine how strong the restriction with a sleeve might be. I went from MGB to RNY and I get uncomfortably full way faster now.

I haven’t pushed myself because I’m a food addict and the feeling of being full/satisfied is like chasing a high at this point but with the sleeve in the beginning I couldn’t eat more than 2-3 small bites. That’s what I need.to tame the beast

The bypass does alot more than the sleeve ever could... Being that bypass has your 2nd attempt it will not be the same as a virgin surgery..

RNY BYPASS was the best decision I ever made and I know it has changed my metabolism I can no longer gain weight and I've lost 152lbs in 8 months and some days I don't even get hungry.. but you need to still have self control and be mentally prepared..

It's not a magic trick

On 05/11/2020 at 11:36, Superman84 said:

The bypass does alot more than the sleeve ever could... Being that bypass has your 2nd attempt it will not be the same as a virgin surgery..

RNY BYPASS was the best decision I ever made and I know it has changed my metabolism I can no longer gain weight and I've lost 152lbs in 8 months and some days I don't even get hungry.. but you need to still have self control and be mentally prepared..

It's not a magic trick

What’s a RNY Bypass?

On 5/11/2020 at 11:36 AM, Superman84 said:

It's not a magic trick

The bypass does alot more than the sleeve ever could...

Please explain what exactly more does it do?

On 5/7/2020 at 2:53 PM, DesperateEC said:

So I had the gastric sleeve done in March 2015. I started at 309 and got to 154 but then had 2 pregnancies that brought me back to 300. Had the bypass March 2020 . Started from 300 and now I’m 271-270. I don’t like this surgery because I no longer get that full sensation and restrictions the sleeve provided. I’m doing as much exercise as quarantine can provide but it’s soooooo much harder this time around 😔😔😔. It’s like the restriction isn’t physical anymore so it has to be physiological which is 100000 times more difficult. I miss eating 2 bites and being full all day to be honest. Now the food literally feels like it goes straight through me 😔😒

I agree, not having the restriction makes it a lot more difficult. I'm eating less, excercising more, and the weight isn't coming off at all like it did. My metabolism hasn't change, and im more hungry than I was after sleeve. Self control isn't a problem right now, but I know if I do not lose weight it will become a problem.

I've met many ppl who say they didn't lose everything they wanted with the sleeve and it took longer than people on bypass and in my experience this is the first time in my life I've ever lost this much ever and ever got this low on the scale and before surgery every little thing I ate would gain weight and now in maintenance I've had a few treats and it has not affected me weight at all...... The sleeve is really just to limit the volume of food that's about it the bypass rearranges your intestines and changes your metabolism; there's a ton of research to explain the metabolic changes..

I know look skinny and have metabolism of skinny person and I feel amazing!!

1 minute ago, Superman84 said:

I've met many ppl who say they didn't lose everything they wanted with the sleeve and it took longer than people on bypass and in my experience this is the first time in my life I've ever lost this much ever and ever got this low on the scale and before surgery every little thing I ate would gain weight and now in maintenance I've had a few treats and it has not affected me weight at all...... The sleeve is really just to limit the volume of food that's about it the bypass rearranges your intestines and changes your metabolism; there's a ton of research to explain the metabolic changes..

Thanks - I don't want weight loss - well maybe another 40-50 lbs, but I want this GERD to be gone as well as the Hernia... it's horrendous today, I can't wait for this to maybe be over.

I know the bypass goes thru the intestines, I wanted to do the bypass at first, but decided on the sleeve.. if I knew that I might be acceptable to this horrendous heartburn I would have done it in the beginning.

The surgeon should have told you heart burn GERD is a main component of the sleeve and bypass will most likely be needed to fix it...

RNY = roux en y bypass

48 minutes ago, Superman84 said:

The surgeon should have told you heart burn GERD is a main component of the sleeve and bypass will most likely be needed to fix it...

Nope. I went for lap band and decided on sleeve. Was scared of bypass at the time. This was 2015. I should have done more research I guess. Maybe he didn’t know unsure actually

48 minutes ago, Superman84 said:

RNY = roux en y bypass

Right which is bypass. Do you think revision bypass is the same. Or is that not a thing? Revision just means another procedure?

55 minutes ago, Superman84 said:

I wonder if I can still lose a little bit now getting bypass since my old “tool” won’t have that restriction feeling. Make sense? I know bypass helps lose weight but hmmm.